Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
It's Porsh-Ah

Boston , Massachusetts
Model changes year to year for new buyer?

Im looking at a 2006 16' international CCD signature this weekend. It would be my first camper and I've done a lot of research (read most every topic) but was hoping some owners who have looked at, or owned different years could tell me the specific differences between the 06 and a new sport, and maybe other year differences. It doesn't have the rear wrap around windows unfortunitely which I was really looking for. Mostly what does the CCD international signature blah blah blah get you in 06 versus what you get now? What's an average value? The price seems high, as does every single 16 I look at versus larger models of the same vintage. Do they just hold their value? I don't want a microwave so that's not an issue, the rock guard things are a nice touch, is there a difference with the way the partition pulls out? Thanks for any info you may have come across you could provide to a potential new airstream owner.
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
look at the hinge location on the bath room door. Olders like the 06 have the door opening by the front entrance area. Newer have the bath door opening by the kitchen hallway.

Kitchen windows will be different. Orientation of the cooktop as well.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
It's Porsh-Ah

Boston , Massachusetts
Thank you, I didn't realise it at first but then noticed the bathroom is different than the new ones. Ill next go and check out a new one. Just looking at it, id day its over priced, too little use and too much sitting in the northeast woods to command the premium the seller is asking.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
We looked at a new one in person. I liked the new bathroom door location. Here's why. you can stand in the hallway, open the mirror of the medicine cabinet, and stand in the hall way and use that mirror to fix your hair, etc. The sink, remember, is right there in the kitchen. I liked how this set-up would allow me to get ready without having to stand IN the bathroom to use the mirror, and still be by the sink.

Realize my use of "hallway", "kitchen", and "bathroom" are all inches apart. But that being said, I found the set up to be efficient and workable. I also liked how you could draw the curtain across the "hallway" to dress and if your other person was going in/out then you weren't flashing the whole campground.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
It's Porsh-Ah

Boston , Massachusetts
You would think the door position would be obvious, however it passed me by at first, I am going to post again with description of the trailer condition, I'm hoping someone with a little more RV knowledge could help me with an estimated value, I'm a car guy and can find every problem, but have no idea about airstream values for the issues I found. And I'm still having a tough time grasping the premium these small trailers command, but it is really cool!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #6
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
You would think the door position would be obvious, however it passed me by at first, I am going to post again with description of the trailer condition, I'm hoping someone with a little more RV knowledge could help me with an estimated value, I'm a car guy and can find every problem, but have no idea about airstream values for the issues I found. And I'm still having a tough time grasping the premium these small trailers command, but it is really cool!
I am with you on that. I think I am slowly discovering that they are a little better thought out than any of the others I have seen. Usually if I hate where they put something I look at it long enough and there is a reason why. Particularly on the 16. I still wish they gave you 4-6 inches wider on the rear bed. There is probably a reason why they didn't.
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote