Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Maiden Voyage Completed!

Avis and I just returned from the maiden voyage of "Roscinante" our 19' Bambi Safari. It was a wonderful trip. Picked it up from the dealer and only had one "problem" - an overhead light switch would not stay on. Every appliance worked properly and we tested every thing we could (awning, sewage, water, etc. Worked like a charm. Couple of "fit and finish" issues but, having had a RV previously, I know that is to be expected.

The Bambi towed like a dream and all your tips on backing worked. Backed right into the camp site and then later into the storage lot position between a boat and another trailer.

If I wasn' sold previously, I am after staying the weekend in our "Roscinante." I could not be happier with this purchase. Kudos to Manteca Trailer and RV! The only "buyer's remorse" I have is in not making the purchase sooner.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind welcome to the Forum and all your great ideas. I think I am now Camping World's favorite customer.

JERRY and AVIS

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Congratulations on your accomplishments. May your dreams be full of imagination and your travels be safe.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yes, I agree with what Bob said so eloquently.

I would almost think Camping World sales soar as we put our babies to bed for the winter. What are you buying for your brand new Bambi? Love the name you chose, is there a "Charley" in your life to travel with. I keep Travels with Charley in the AS and try not to finish reading it.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Happy Northern Californians!

Woo Hoo Don't you just love it! Sowhere'ld you folks go. Beach, Tahoe, redwoods. And this was a perfect weekend! I'm just 35 minutes east on Hwy 12 but I see you've already discovered Fairfield CW! Come on out to one of out rallies and have some fun!! Tim
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Congrats on your purchase, and your first trip. Fantastic weather we're having for getting out and about.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Thanks!

We went with several of my wife's coworkers to Cloverdale, CA for our first trip. It was a KOA. Nice place, great views, and easy spaces to back into.

Cloverdale is about a hour north of Santa Rosa.

So far, I have bought a few doodads like levelers, levels, a Flush King, a REAL sewage hose (not the little blue one that came with the trailer), a few tools, a water filter, etc. I am so like a kid in a candy store when I got to CW. Geez. You'd think I'd know better. They sure see me coming!

Our next trip is to the Delta over by Rio Vista, CA. Going Thanksgiving weekend.

Look to hook up with some of you down the road. And, we ARE looking forward to being able to go to an AS rally soon.

Again, thanks for the welcome, the encouragement, and sharing our excitement at becoming new AS owners!

JERRY AND AVIS

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' Safari
Rohnert Park , California
Congratulations on your purchase. In terms of Airstreamers we're neighbors. I purchased a new 2006 16' Bambi Safari in August.

In you travel back over this way again, you might want to consider the KOA in Willits or Benbow RV Resort, just south of Garberville. Both are high quality parks.
bkmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Bk - Thanks

BK,

Thanks for the reply. We looked at the 16' also but no one had one in stock and we just got the "bug" and couldn't wait so we went for the 19'. We stayed at Benbow back in July when we took a week and went up the coast to Gold Beach, OR and back. You are right. It was a really nice part. Have not stayed in Willts yet. Thanks for the tip.

We used to live in Petaluma so we are familiar with the Rhonert Park area. How long have you had the 16' Bambi? How do you like it? Any "glitches" you have had to deal with?

JERRY

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' Safari
Rohnert Park , California
Roscinante -

Sorry for the late reply, been away for awhile. I've had my Bambi since mid-August and I have had a few glitches... My LP gas detector failed and the shower leaked on the first trip, had an awning problem on the second trip and the battery failed on the third trip. Atwood replaced the LP detector, I resealed the shower, Interstate replaced the battery and the awning was repaired. Last weekend was the fourth trip and everything worked fine...

Since I wanted a 16' Safari (not CCD) which are hard to find, I had to go to Eugene, OR. Talked to the dealers in Sacramento and Martinez, but no 16s.

I usually go up to Gold Beach a couple of times a year, but haven't taken a trailer up that way. Do you have any park recommendations?

Thanks,
bk
bkmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Back at Ya!

BK,

We stayed at a park right in Gold Beach. I will get the name for you. It had a little lighthouse and the spaces were all right on the beach (literally 100 yrd or less). It was easy access to everything. Have ya done the jetboat thing yet? It was a blast.

The beaches south of Gold Beach were great for walking, hiking, exploring. I had a pretty new camera and got some great shots.

Maybe we will hook up sometime.

JERRY

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388

Tags
2006 bambi