Old 04-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2005 19' Safari
West Palm Beach , Florida
LS Jackets & Caps

Anyone get their Safari LS upgrade jackets and caps? The upgrade comes with two Airstream jackets and two Airstream caps. Our dealer first said there was a card to fill out somewhere in the manual. Went through all the paperwork and no card found. Our dealer then said Airstream would be sending us a card in the mail. So far, no card in the mail. I mentioned this to Tim, the Airstream traveling craftsman who repaired our damaged front panel and he said he would forward it on to the sales department. Still waiting. Anyone get theirs? How long did you wait and how did you get them? Thanks.

Stephen & Miriam
2005 Bambi Safari 19 LS with Sofa
2006 Harley-Davidson Road King Custom
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD QuadCab SRW Long Bed
Sir Wooferman Wellington, Cock-a-poo Watch Pup
DreamStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
I can't specifically help you because we have gotten our Airstream yet but we are expecting the jacket and cap too with our LS package. I have had great luck with responses from Airstream's e-mail customer service. Just go to their web site and go to "contact us." Click on customer service and ask your question. I've always gotten a reply within a couple hours. Good luck!

soon-to-be 25' Safari SS SE LS
2004 Ford F250 diesel

Roadsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
Cartoon Character
2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Give Jim Parrett (Customer Relations Representative) a call at the Airstream factory. He's come through every single time for us.
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Last summer when we bought our Classic Limited, which included the hats and jackets as part of the Limited option, we had to wait about a month or so for the woman at Airstream to send us the order card after we bought the trailer, which we sent back to her with our sizes. I don't believe the cards were in the manual -- she sent them to us in the mail. Then, she collected the cards for about a week or two before sending them on the company that makes up the hats and jackets for Airstream about once a month as I recall.

Our hats and jackets must have finally arrived at our home 2-3 months after we purchased our trailer. I can't say for sure because we were gone for the summer, and they were waiting for us when we got back in early October.

The hats and jacket aren't too bad, but you won't miss out on much if you don't get them. My wife wouldn't wear hers, but I wear mine now and them.
flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:57 PM   #5
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
We picked up our 05 Bambi LS approx. two weeks ago. A letter from Airstream congratulating us on our purchase, along with an order card, came in the mail today. Apparently, this is triggered when the dealer sends Airstream your information. I'm thing this was a pretty quick turn around time.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:07 AM   #6
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Originally Posted by Porky Pig
Give Jim Parrett (Customer Relations Representative) a call at the Airstream factory. He's come through every single time for us.

We had a slight delay, but a call (or email) took care of things right away.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:11 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member
Dear Dreamstream (Stephen and Miriam),

You'll see a thread on this site asking about the Bambi with the sofa option and I see from your signature that you own a new Bambi LS with sofa. Can you tell me how the sofa option is working out for you as we are thinking of going the same route. We like to eat outside and believe the sofa would be more relaxing in the evening than a dinette. Would appreciate your thoughts.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member
2004 25' Safari
We have the LS options & like Flyfisher we received the order card after the purchase. I was told that they will hold the orders until they get a "bunch" & then send them thru. They're o.k, but the wife refuses to wear her's, as well, you know "it's the others have the same ones thing".

Home of the Wayward Wind

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote