Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Look what followed us home today!

Look what followed us home today!

We found a great deal on a used (dealer trade in) 2015 Bambi 22 sport.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	243159  

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2011 34' Classic
Sebring , Florida
Sweet! Congratulations and enjoy!
megandrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Congratulations on the New baby. May you have many great Airstream Adventures together.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Congratulations Piggy Bank and have many great times camping.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:16 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Thanks for the good wishes.

Can anyone tell us what the skinny antennae is at the top front of the trailer roof? It's about 1 foot tall.

Piggy Bank
Old 07-17-2015, 04:40 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
How cool is that !!!!
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:28 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Radio antenna

I think the one foot one is for your AM, FM radio.

Isn't it nice to own an Airstream? Now you get to start doing things to it, for it and with it!

Oh, but you already know that.....four rivets....
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #8
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
Congrats! You have been looking for a while I know. I am sure you will love it. Those are very nice units with some pretty unique twists in them I like.

Please give a long rundown of likes and dislikes as well as factory goofs that need addressing and areas you think they really did particularly well. I love these trailers more than any other, but the factory gets complacent in areas that are going to cost them in my opinion. You pay for perfection, you deserve something better than "good enough".
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:17 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Nice!
Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:08 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Rockingham , North Carolina
Now that's a happy side mirror

Congrats. Looking forward to that day ourself.

You guys must be full of excitement.

Dan
Danattherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
City , Wandering
Congrats! You're gonna love it....

TiaDalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:19 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Thanks for all of the good wishes.

We were not expecting to buy at this time. We had looked at units over the last year or so and had determined that the 22 was what we would eventually want to buy. We saw this come up at a dealer in our area and it actually was sold in 4 hours the day before July 4th weekend.

Well, apparently that buyer after further review decided on a larger unit, so the unit came back up for sale on Monday. The salesperson was doing call-backs to his list of previous prospects, and called up my husband to see if we were interested.

We hemmed and hawed a bit, and decided to tighten up the budget in a few other areas to make room for the Airstream.

Had a bit of a scramble finding a storage space in 2 days. (Our homeowners HOA doesn't allow storage at the house.) Let me say that if you are looking for a business to invest in, I would say that offsite storage must be a good one. We called close to a dozen places to find a spot available.

We were very pleased by Bill Thomas Camper Sales in St. Louis metro. They were very professional, knowledgable, and instructed us newbies very well on set up, towing, brakes, backing, and we did not have any issues on the way home. Everything was cleaned, set up and ready when we got there for our appointment.

Our unit was only originally new in November 2014, so it is very new-only 9 months old. It had the power jack and segment protectors installed as well.

We are now working on getting all of the items assembled that we need for camping. As the heat index here is supposed to be over 100 today, we are hopeful that it will cool down in a couple of weeks to the high 80s so we can do a local overnight.

Since we will be working for the next 15 years or so, this will help us deal with the day to day stress as our Escape Hatch.

We call her The Puuu-py. Since she is little and followed us home.

(Any Parks and Recs fans will understand the way you pronounce that. Google Parks and Rec puppy to hear it!)

I'm sure that I will have a lot of questions in the next few days, weeks, and months. So thanks in advance for all of the help. I felt very prepared for the walk through after all I had learned here at the forums.

Piggy Bank
Old 07-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
Olatje , Kansas
Congrats on the purchase! I'm in Olathe so it looks like we're almost neighbors!

Did you find enclosed storage or are you parking it in an open lot storage facility? I found an underground facility and while it's a little more expensive than outdoors, I feel a whole lot more comfortable with it secured underground away from the elements (and people!)
joekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Findlay , OH
Piggy Bank,
I'm thrilled to read you brought home a "Puppy". I do love the name. Congratulations! Now you have a place to put that Airstream trousseau you've been collecting!
~Allyson

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
PurdueMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Thanks for all of the good wishes.

We had our first campout over the weekend at a state park with electric at the site, and water for the holding tank and dump station there.

We had gone to the storage place twice over the week previous to practice hitching and to stow away gear and supplies.

We were able to get hitched and on the road fairly quickly on Friday night. Finally had gloves so no grease on our hands.

Easy drive to the campground on state hi way for about 45 minutes. Had to put water in the holding tank once we got there . That took a few minutes, but no problems. Got leveled in and set up no problems. Was pleased with how simply the stabilizers went down (knee pads a good idea here).

Layout-very much liked it. I cut off the pillow fold over on the ugly stock plain vanilla bedcover. We are using it as a mattress pad. Used queen sized standard bed sheets and comforter. These fit really well.

Kitchen layout is very good. Really like the open/close covers on the sink and cooktop. Makes for a long expanse of counter when using as a bar or for prepping dinner.

I found a great dish pan at Ikea. I posted in on another thread here. It fits in that little sink and still allows room to use the faucet.

Really like how the table rotates. We turn it 90 degrees when eating so that the long side is facing each of us.

I like how I can sit on the table bench and get under the sink to the storage cabinets there. No bending.

The closet is huge. Huge.

Under the bed we keep our bag chairs, folding end table, propane coleman stove, baby gate for the dog, and have 1 empty plastic bin for future storage, and 1 plastic bin with extra towels, TP and paper towels. I put the other 2 bins at home.

The bathroom cabinet is large enough for 2 rolled standard bath towels, TP on the holder, and bottom floor shelf for shampoo, soap, first aid kit, etc. Then in the recess I keep rolled extra hand towel and wash cloth. Hand towel for use goes on the back of the door.

I will say that the bathroom sink faucet is a bit skimpy in size and overhang, and it requires a quick wipe off of the countertop after using the sink. Otherwise turning off the water can splash water on the counter. Other than that the bathroom is fairly large, and has an operable window.

Under dinette storage is excellent. We have a crate with adult beverages, bottle water, and our ice bucket (because after all a little glamping is kind of nice). On the other side a crate with cooking pots and pans, and serving dishes. We still have unused room under there.

I really like the gray speckled floor as it hides dirt and rocks really well.

TV and sound system and DVD player are top notch. Music sounds really great.

The front outside locker was large enough to get all of the hoses, tool kits, etc in it that we needed. In a perfect world there would be 2 of these, but I guess the charger and inverter has to go somewhere.

The slinky storage tube has the cheapest cover on it. And the water heater cover clip that keeps the door closed appears flimsy too. These are not AS parts but made by others. These are the first 2 things that I saw that I said "That won't last 20 years, no matter how careful you are". So we now know to watch these areas.

All in all, the 22 is a really good size for 2 people and a large dog camping.

Our unit was not new.

The black sensor appears not to be working (stayed at 0 percent the whole weekend).

We have 1 overhead light that has burned out. We will likely change out to LED like the 2016s use.

And there are a few other things we are still trying to figure out. But the bed is great. Very roomy and the extra length is nice.

And the narrow width of the trailer itself makes it easy to tow also.

Piggy Bank
Old 07-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Piggy Bank! Congrats to you guys and best wishes for your future adventures!

We brought our first AS home today, as well. So, we're sharing the same excitement tonight!
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote