Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

We have a 16 sport 2015. I'm not happy with the quality either. I sure want to be, I love air streams. I've tried calling the mother ship in Ohio and never gotten through- incredible. Especially bad service for the money we pay. I've had to leave a chat message for two diff issues. I did get an email response that said "take it up with your dealer". Our dealer is also 7 hours round trip for us, a real pain in the neck to get there, involving NYC traffic. The dealer was the only solution. All our issues were covered by the warranty, but the poor workmanship we experienced I didn't even bother telling them about. Just the bigger issues.
Big Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
"I didn't even bother telling them about. Just the bigger issues."

If customers do not tell Jackson Center about each and every issue they can not be expected to know about the problems or fix the QC issues before leaving the factory. I have never had a problem contacting with the factory either by email or phone. Do not give up, try again.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:36 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
If the factory folks actually listened to the calls and read all of the issues from stem to stern across all models of Airstreams, one would think they would get it all fixed at the factory at less cost than having a bungling dealer make inept repairs because of untrained personnel or a indifferent attitude and many repeat visits for the same issues. Is not customer satisfaction job ONE for Airstream? Apparently not!

The Airstream brand name is starting to tarnish as actual users report and share their negative experiences with possible new customers. Only when sales drop off like other shinny stars of the past that are no longer in production, will the brass at the top wonder what happened.

Simple solution that will improve Airstream's bottom line, send it down the line built to the drawings with everything properly fitted with quality components, not the cheapest available from China.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Jones View Post
Totally agree. CanAM did an excellent delivery job on our 27 FB FC that we purchased last fall. I cannot imagine this came from them.
We too had a very thorough PDI with Can-Am when we picked ours up in 2013 (including making sure we had all the manuals).
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote