Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Suwanee , GA
Improve standard factory TV reception

Get a better antenna? Will a better antenna attach to standard factory tubing and connections. If so which brand.
Get a direct TV tripod system?
2017 Bambi 16
Seagars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Yes it will attach.
And, your question doesn't reveal your actual interest.
Do you want satellite? or are you merely wanting over-the-air reception? My original Winegard crank-up receives more stations than I ever care to watch, as long as I remember to activate the antenna amplifier.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #3
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...ly-158010.html

Over the air and sat are 2 different animals.

Satellite on RVs is going to go the way to the dinosaurs IMO.

If you want an alternative to over the air you should look at DIRECTV Now - which is 100% over the top (internet streaming) live TV. 90 or 100 channels or so.

If you have AT&T mobile service there is no charge for data use associated to streaming DIRECTV Now TV. $35 bucks per month, available on Apple TV and other platforms, etc. etc.. just use your AT&T phone as a mobile hotspot and you are good to go with no limit on data usage when streaming DIRECTV Now TV content.

If all that sounds too complicated stick with buying a new $45 antenna per the link above
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
For easy and affordable antenna head replacement check out the King Jack. I doubled the number of stations I received in most locals I travel regularly.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Suwanee , GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...ly-158010.html

Over the air and sat are 2 different animals.

Satellite on RVs is going to go the way to the dinosaurs IMO.

If you want an alternative to over the air you should look at DIRECTV Now - which is 100% over the top (internet streaming) live TV. 90 or 100 channels or so.

If you have AT&T mobile service there is no charge for data use associated to streaming DIRECTV Now TV. $35 bucks per month, available on Apple TV and other platforms, etc. etc.. just use your AT&T phone as a mobile hotspot and you are good to go with no limit on data usage when streaming DIRECTV Now TV content.

If all that sounds too complicated stick with buying a new $45 antenna per the link above
How with DT now would I stream to the standard tv.
Seagars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
The easiest way?

1. Download DIRECTV app to your iphone or iPad. LTE data or wi-fi connectivity for the device is required.

2. Connect iPhone/iPad to an HDMI input on the back of your TV using an apple Lightning Digital CV adapter cable ($50) (similar cable available for android)

3. Open DIRECTV app, find a program, hit play and it will broadcast on your TV

Personally, I use an Apple TV and use screen Mirroring. Same result in the end though.

Just google "connect iPhone <or android device> to TV" and you'll pull up many step by step articles and videos.

BTW - streaming Directv App content over LTE data is *FREE* on the AT&T network if you are an AT&T and DIRECTV customer. video streaming will not count against your monthly data usage.

Good luck.

Peter
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote