Old 09-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
With only one small storage door in our 1979, we only store 2'water hoses, Y connector, sprayer, electrical extension, plastics jack and tire pads and 30amp-50 amp converter. Tools we keep in the truck box except some water line fittings, rivets, camper specifics inside in small plastic containers. We have the bumper storage for hoses. All of our wd bars, hitch, tire iron, etc. go into the storage over winter but go into the truck box while camping. That keeps everything close to the storage door.

Friends of ours who have an SOB store their sewer hoses in a small plastic box which works greats. They have the ones that snap expand like the bendable straws.

For the water hoses, I just hook one end into the other so no water can drain into the storage and just lay them in there.

Tadd, Beth, Grundgetta and Weeble
Our blog
Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Much Improved!

Thank you for all of the great ideas and suggestions.

I spent the better part of the day working on this and have it just like I want it.

Went to the storage site, and moved the tools except the socket set into a zipper briefcase style bag. This is now inside the trailer under the dinette. That alone freed up a a lot of room in the locker.

Then I headed to the store to get storage containers with lids as many suggested. My non AS friend who camps also had strongly recommended boxes with lids so that if you are setting or breaking camp in the rain that things stay as dry as possible.

I purchased some storage containers to get everything in its own spot. Luckily at Walmart they had both a container section, rv item section. So I loaded up some possible container options, and then wheeled over to the rv section to see how things would fit.

I got:

1 container for the clean water hose, fitting, and water filter.
1 container for the dump rinse hose, gloves, and sewer elbow (remember I don't have a bumper. I keep the slinky in the tube under the trailer.)
1 container for the power cord and surge protector. When I got back to the trailer, discovered that I will need 1 more, as the surge protector takes up one all by itself.
1 smaller container for hitch pins and hardware, tire gauge, flashlight, and 2 pair of work gloves.

Here are pictures. I will have room for the additional container for the power cord, and still have room to stow the chocks while traveling.

Much better!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	storage.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	248586   Click image for larger version

Name:	water.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	248587  

Click image for larger version

Name:	swer.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	248588  

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Looking good!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Nice. That is how I set up our rear storage. The plastic boxes don't get UV light and last a long time. The "cover" is good so little things are less likely to nest and can stack at least a light one on a heavy one. We have 3. One is the rarely used ground cover, replacement sewer hose, awning repair tape, extension cord, The other, our Pink Flamingo and lots of "lights"'to decorate the awning and entry steps. Making large loops makes it easier to deploy and recover. A third has the "water hose" and filter plus backups along with a satchel Of "quick" Electrical Repair things I might need

The "Lego" blocks..'in their bags.. Which shredded.. So now are in storage bins on side of AS and in a big tub I carry in the truck bed or inside on the floor. It has jack stands, wooden squares for soft ground instead of Legos (I am about to ditch the Legos....)
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
One of the reasons I kept the socket set in the locker is that it helps hold those legos and wood blocks agains the side of the compartment, like a big book end.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #20
Roving Sewist
2003 25' Safari
Nederland , Texas
I have the clear Sterlite boxes, two Twelve quart and one shoe box size. All with lids. The small one is small hitch stuff, metal bars, cotter pins, hammer,level. One big one is water things, elbows, adapters, extra hose also Propane stuff, extra hoses, extra connectors for propane bottles, bottle of soapy water. Other big one is electrical stuff, dog bones, extension cord, electrical tape. All tools are in truck except a few I would use inside. leveling boards, hitch 'foot' live in the back of the truck when moving.

I also can't get usual sewer hose in the place underneath, I like the idea above on that. however, I don't use it much. I use a macerator pump. It has its own case and lives in back storage with leveler bars and spare electric cable. The set of 20' hoses and the 50' hoses I use for it are in large heavy duty trash bags in the back of the truck unless I am in one place for awhile, then they are looped around the bumper in a trash bag.
DotTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member
1988 32.5' Airstream 325
Vista , California
This site had some stupendous ideas for hiding away the sewer hoses so that they would not drip on anything. We shall probably be doing something like this ourselves.

RV Mods: Sewer Hose Storage - Ideas and Examples

Dysfunctional Veteran- does not always play well with others. 22 a day is 22 TOO MANY. (this number recently revised to 23 a day )
PammieSue is offline   Reply With Quote