Originally Posted by Piggy Bank
Gus, Thanks so much. Shower then pump it. Sounds easy enough.
And if it's not a hijack or too far off topic, any advice or opinions on the 16 vs 19 and boon docking? Curious on why particularly you changed sizes? Thanks, as we are looking and have only been able to see in person so far a 16 and 20 in the Bambi.
We loved the 16 and would have been plenty happy keeping it, but we knew we'd eventually upgrade to the next size up. The dealer offered us even money for the 16 on trade and gave us almost $9k off of the price of the new 19. So.....if we were going to do it, why not then, right?
To us the difference between the 19 and the 16 was:
- obviously a little more space. Just consider that the extra space is almost like adding another of the rear bed width. I think one way to explain it is that with two people, you don't have to move out of each other's way as much.
- separate vanity/sink
- separate shower/toilet (16 has marine style combo bath) - not having to dry everything when your done showering is a real plus.
- separate grey/black tank: with our current setup this wouldn't be too much of an issue. This wasn't a deal breaker for us necessarily, but it is nice to have the extra capacity if you need it.
- decor - we really liked the international series and one can no longer get the international 16. Only sport now.
- rock guards, bumper (storage), stainless propane tank covers, electric tongue jack, etc. we were going to add some of these things if not all of them and probably would have ended up spending as much as just buying the new 19. (Bumper $900, stainless propane covers $700, rock guards $1,300, etc, etc)
- inverter - 16 didn't have one
- bigger fridge - if you're going to be out for a while this is also a nice thing to have
- towing, for us is no different but that of course depends on your tow vehicle.
- no fantastic fan in the 16. The 19 has 2 of them.
- (edited) 16 has only one battery vs 2 in the 19
I really don't want to make it seem as though there is anything "wrong" with the 16. It has it's merits. It IS less weight and easier to tow with some vehicles. It is also of course more maneuverable as well. It just depends on what you want. To me, the 19 was just more finished and left less to be desired or needed. No different than someone that has a 25 vs our 19. It has a lot more room and amenities, but for us, the benefits of having the smaller unit outweigh the extra room.
Here's a few pictures of our 16
Our 19 International: