Old 08-31-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
how i secure my as22Fb trailer

when at home or staying someplace for a while, i use both a front hitch lock and a wheel lock. for short trips i just use the hitch lock

this is what they look like on my trailer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hitch lock.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	546.7 KB
ID:	293734   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel lock.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	293735  

waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
We do something similar, not sure I will use the wheel lock when at a CG...but when it is parked in front of my house in a very urban area where Subarus and Hondas go missing daily the wheel lock is always on. I ordered a much cheaper option than the Brahma though, some crappy yellow thing on Amazon. I need to modify it a bit to make it actually fit though, as one side of the "hug" actually ends up resting on the tire and not the wheel, but also has a plate that covers the lug nuts. If nothing else it should prove to my insurance company that I did everything to try and prevent it from an unauthorized departure. TBD if I also add a SPOT tracker, but we likely will.

That MegaHitch is an impressive beast though, the first time I took it out of the box I understood what made it different than any other lock I've seen. Around here people deploy portable rechargeable grinders to steal bicycles, so I can only imagine the effort they may go through for a $50k trailer...though bicycles are easier to chop and hide.
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote