Old 09-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Clinton , Montana
Now that is neat.....more great ideas. Actually, these trailers are just "one big ole canvas" to work with.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Los angeles , California
How are your Insides?

Thanks for the comments, everyone's bambi's look great.

Clock was NOS found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002C...rds=ball+clock

Floor replacement was a necessity as all streamers with the particle board floor have found out.

SanandVin, where's your avatar pict from? looks great.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:06 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
stratford , Connecticut
Ohh! I'm envious of all the beautiful touches you all have done. Does anyone NOT use their dinette? My husband doesn't like sitting at it. ( I do). And the bed is too small for us both, so we keep the dinette down as a "sofa/bed" all the time with extra memory foam mattress on top. I will admit it is a comfy place to sit and read or relax. I've put some fun throw pillows on it and a nice comforter but I miss the table. We have a small folding table we use when we must eat inside. Not the same. 😕
Old 09-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnal View Post
Ohh! I'm envious of all the beautiful touches you all have done. Does anyone NOT use their dinette? My husband doesn't like sitting at it. ( I do). And the bed is too small for us both, so we keep the dinette down as a "sofa/bed" all the time with extra memory foam mattress on top. I will admit it is a comfy place to sit and read or relax. I've put some fun throw pillows on it and a nice comforter but I miss the table. We have a small folding table we use when we must eat inside. Not the same. 😕
We keep the dinette as a lounger for hanging out inside on hot days. One of us hangs on the bed and the other on the lounger. We read, listen to music, and watch movies, and nap.

If we need to eat inside we put it up as the table. I also tend to have it as the table if I am doing a lot of food prep or dishes and need the surface area.

The table on the 22 is on a single post that rises up and down kind of like your office chair. So it's pretty easy to adjust.

We usually cook and eat outside, and tend to camp at campgrounds (not RV parks) so there is always a picnic table at the campsite.

We find the inside table comfortable for eating, but since we pretty much cook outside we usually eat outside unless it's too hot or too cold.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
San Diego , California
Hello visOrdOwn,

The picture on our avatar was taken a few weeks ago while camping in Ventura, CA. A state beach called Emma Woods where you park just inches from the surf. It was pretty spectacular. It is dry camping, no picnic table, Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1474345074.490016.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	272024but who cares with the sound of the waves as you drift off to sleep at night. Anyway, Emma Woods was the perfect last night out after three weeks on the road. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1474345127.108672.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	272025

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-19-2016, 11:51 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Los angeles , California
Awesome picts and spot. I grew up watching lethal weapon and tequila sunrise with RV'ing on or near the ocean, so it is a lifelong goal to camp as close to the ocean as possible. Emma Woods looks a bit safer/more serene than Pismo. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:42 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
San Diego , California
How are your Insides?

Thanks visOrdOdn for the link to find the wonderful ball clock on Amazon. I found it easily and it is on my "wishlist." After finding visOrdOwn's clock I came across this one...
Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1474803473.082835.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  43.4 KB
It is a pendulum clock by Allen Designs titled Happy Camper. Our tow vehicle is red, so this seems pretty cute. Now I have two clocks in my wishlist, but will decide which to purchase in a couple days. Anyway, I thought I would share the find. Thanks, again, to visOrdOwn.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Los angeles , California
Those stripes on the clock match your decor colors. That clock looks to have been specially made for you. Amazon has a great return policy; so if the pendulum is too loud to sleep with, you can swap it out for another choice. The atomic ball clock is super quiet and made very well. Good luck on whichever choice you go with.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnal View Post
Our 22' Sport has a front dinette and a lounge/sofa that pulls out to a double.
We use the sofa as is, and have converted the dinette to a permanent queen bed. If we eat indoors, we sit on the sofa and use TV-tables (normally stored between the end of the sink and dinette/bed.)

Eating and cooking outdoors is the usual anyway. Isn't that why we go "camping"?
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:30 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
San Diego , California
Hello Everyone again, and I need your advice. I think perhaps my question may help others with the same problem, or similar, so here it goes...

I did purchase the trailer clock and I love it. It weighs about a pound and a half. I have such luck with hanging things on the walls using Command Strips, I thought I would try it out for the clock. I used the vecro-type Command Strips that are rated to hold up to 12 pounds. Initially, with some adjusting, the clock stayed on the wall, but when I checked the next day, the clock had fallen off landing on the sofa back...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1476069929.814140.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	273281

So, I need some advice on how to adhere the clock to the aluminum wall without drilling a hole. Part of the problem is that there is not a lot of point of contact that the clock makes to the wall.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Since the Command products are not working, I suggest trying the more heavy duty outdoor velcro products instead of a Command product. Meaning that it is permanently stuck to the walls with the adhesive. Should removal be needed, you could still un-stick and use a solvent to remove the adhesive. Suggest placing it if possible so that the clock can be dismounted for battery changes without damage. If this is not possible, then you may need to only hang the clock when not moving. This could be done with a command hook on the wall, and putting a hanger on the back of the clock.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Try using a command hook on top to hold and velcro or poster tac at bottom to keep from moving.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
San Diego , California
Well, of course, a hook on top and a Velcro strip on the bottom supports. Why didn't I think of that?

I am on it and will give it a-go this weekend. I knew clarity would be provided from such a resourceful class of folks.