Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2005, 11:15 PM   #1

Help with pricing on Bambi 19'

Help! Seeing dealer tomorrow - How much did you get Bambi 19'? Local dealer is offering 30k, including hitch stablizer, anti sway, and brake controller. Putting about 5k down. Monthly payments will be about $310.

Is this a good price?

Thanks for your input.

Rolando
RoarinRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
It sounds like a good deal. I assume the $310/mo is based on a 10 year loan. Go for it, you'll be glad you did!
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseagle
It sounds like a good deal. I assume the $310/mo is based on a 10 year loan. Go for it, you'll be glad you did!
Thanks Bob, appreciate the feedback! Still haven't picked it up yet. Now, we're deciding between the 19' and the 25'. It's just that they want an arm and a leg for the 25'.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoarinRow
Thanks Bob, appreciate the feedback! Still haven't picked it up yet. Now, we're deciding between the 19' and the 25'. It's just that they want an arm and a leg for the 25'.
I've had both (still have the 25' SS). The 19' is a great little unit....cute, etc. If you have a family or even if it's just the 2 of you, the 25 is a far more comfy unit with more storage, dual sinks, larger fridge and has both a couch and dinette (depending on model). The bed is about 4-5" wider (Six Sleeper which is what I am comparing since the 25' SS is very similar to the 19' Bambi, yet improved upon through the additional space) and the 25' starts the wide body units (slightly more room inside).

I went into the Bambi with the intention that a fair number of 19' owners do and though it's a great coach as well, we upgraded to the 25' unit as a few of us here also have done. Our issue was it was just the two of us and the pooch. We got sick of kicking the water bowl each trip. With the 25' the pup has her own little nook while still allowing free flowing access throughout the coach. On rainy days, we had more room to roam both in and outside. Inside with the couch, dinette and bed, outside with a larger awning to shelter from the elements.

Think long and hard about the 25'. In some cases it's easier to do it just once. In the long run, if you finance it, the additional cost of the 25' is only about $50/mo.....maybe..... and the interest can be claimed as a deduction unlike a car loan. If you're payin' cash, it's about $9k more depending on your negoit skills and options.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:50 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
...oh and one more thing, with your Avalanche 1500, you'll be right about the max that it should tow with the 25' if you have 3.42s in it. If you have the 4.10s, then you have a bit more margin at 8,000lbs of towing capacity being that a fully loaded Safari SS should tip the scales in the real world at about 6500lbs......
Old 03-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
I agree that this sounds like a good deal. MSRP on the 19 CCD is $40,763, so you are getting a discount of 10,763 or about 26%. In my area, the CCDs are hot items, and my wife and I were only able to negotiate a 16% discount on our 28' CCD. Most people have written on this forum that the best they could negotiate was an 18% discount on their CCD. So 26% is awesome.

- Mike

p.s. we looked at the 19' but ended up with the 28'. We realized we needed more space, and since we are going on a 6 mo road trip, it made more sense for us.
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I thought the deal was ok. I wasn't under the impression he was going for a CCD. If he is, then you're right on, that is a pretty good deal. If it's just the plain Jane Safari/Bambi, then the deal is in line with what I've seen and heard, but nothing really that struck me as out of the norm and frankly might be able to still get a grand off that IMHO....
Old 04-05-2005, 07:44 AM   #8

Well, it's been awhile since I originally posted this thread and a lot has changed since. We went in to see the 19' Bambi and you're right, it was too small compared to the 25' SS that we really wanted. We didn't want to settle for something smaller and still pay a higher price, higher than our budget can afford. The dealer didn't seem to be in a negotiating mood, so we left.

This past weekend we attended the RV show at Cal Expo in Sacramento and found and purchased a Alpenlite Aspen 28RL. For a 28 footer it is light (7000 GVWR), which is near the max for my Chevy Avalanche and it is build very well with quality materials.

As far as the cost, the RV show had additional discounts and financing available and they were able to meet our budget. At that point it was a no brainer.

Here are some pics from our personal website - http://www.nispiros.com/Alpenlite_Aspen.html

We take delivery in about a week.

Thanks again for your input and advice. I'll still be admiring the Airstreams from afar.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #9

2007 19' Safari SE
Seal Beach , California
I am interested in buying a 19' Safari Special Edition, and would like anyone's tips on negotiating with a dealer for the lowest price and/or options.
JWeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Yep... well uh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeil
I am interested in buying a 19' Safari Special Edition, and would like anyone's tips on negotiating with a dealer for the lowest price and/or options.
OK, wait a month. RV sales slow appreciably in fall, winter.

Smaller units have less wiggle room in price than big ones, extremely popular ones again, less wiggle room.

Last year's model... now you're talking!

Put a "WANTED" ad on this forum... someone else probably has one and now would like to move to a 25 footer....

Got cash? Doesn't hurt.

Financing? You're either going to get a great price and rotten financing or a crap price with great financing. One way or the other you'll pay.

Good Luck, Paula
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Duluth , Minnesota
Hi JWeil,

Do not know if you're still fiollowing this thread... We just purchased a 2005 Bambi. Truth is, we purchased NEW this summer (July) and it was obviously "last years model". Actually, by July AS has stopped the current years production and they have moved on to the 2007 models! I had a super dealer to work with. They clearly understood that this rig was about to have its second birthday - VERY BAD ISSUE FOR THE DEALER. We flew down to Council Bluffs, IA from Duluth, MN on a Saturday morning and looked at the trailer. While there we looked at all of the smaller trailers they had on the lot. We were more interested in the layout than the deal so we considered eveerything they had that might be of interest. In the end, the bambi was the right trailer for us. We had the choice of 05 or 06 on his lot. The money savings simply made it a great decision.

If you are emotionally sold on one specific model, your options might be a bit more restrictive. Then it's just a function of working your best deal. If not... you have a lot better negotiating power. If you've gotta have it, you're going to pay... If you don't, they really want to make sure you get it! Dynamics do change the posture for negotiating!

Having said all of this, I always want a fair deal. I am so cheap my kids think I squeak when I walk! When I am done negotiating I am more concerned that I feel like I received really solid value for my dollar than if I squeezed the last nickle out of the dealer. They're never going to loose in the transaction, after all, they can just say no! I just want to go away feeling like I was treated fairly and with respect. My dealer hasn't seen the last of me. I will most assuredly be back for my next one (Might have to deal with the next generation of salesperson - but I will be back, and send friends). Isn't that a nice commentary on our dealer. I drove (flew) past two closer AS dealers to finalize the deal and ultimately pick up my new trailer. There IS a reason. Pick your dealer wisely. If they are not interested in your business before the sale, there isn't much hope for after they grab your cash!

Best of luck... Let us know if you made the deal. We are so glad we did! Had a long two week trip in our new rig recently and are so very glad we had taken the plunge! Absolutely delightful trip. Hope this is helpful.
skykingpilot is offline   Reply With Quote