Old 04-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #15
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Oddly enough, after a few heat and cold cycles, some of the dents seem to work themselves out...not perfect, but I noticed this on my car that took one for the team a few years back. Still ain't the prettiest girl at the dance but she still turns a few heads and looks far better than it did the day after it happened.

This won't typically work though for softball sized hail....maybe pea sized.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
Good one! Where in Texas?

I bought my ’67 Trade Wind in San Marcos when I lived between Wimberley and Driftwood. Before that I lived in Dumas and Dalhart up in the top of the panhandle. Really dry there, but not the same kind of dry as Arkansas’ dry counties. Trust me, it has (recently) led to driving from White to Woodruff County for relief from the drought.

And, I can pronounce Bexar County, Bourne, Manchaca, and Pedernales.

How about Seguin??

Andy

Old 04-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Hail Estimates.

An estimate for "hail" damage made from photo's can easily be challenged, since it usually has guess work in it.

An estimate for "hail" damage made from an eyeball inspection, is far superior. Then the only part that can be challenged is the labor hours and cost of materials.

Minor hail damage is usually replaced when the coach is not more than 3 to 4 years old.

After that period, "loss of value" settlements are made, except for parts broken, such as exterior lights, vent covers, AC shroud, and of course broken windows.

The best a person can do, is have enough of an insurance background, so that you can talk their language or better, but by far, the very best way to obtain a top notch settlement, is to let an educated dealer handle the claim for you.

An Airstream dealer or service center that has been around many years, and routinely does major Airsream body work, is by far, the best place to go, since they also deal with "values." That same dealer should also have an excellent reputation with the major insurance carriers.

Ask questions directed to a dealer that you may not have a personal experience factor with. Or ask those that have that experience.

The factory does ok, but they do not have the retail value experience that a dealer does.

The old original "flat rate manual" that I wrote in 1970, is a valueable tool when dealing with an insurance company and/or an unqualified adjuster.

Andy
Old 04-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Seguin Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
How about Seguin??

Andy
Hi Andy,

As a matter of fact, I had a couple of sets of heads machined in a shop in Seguin that also repaired cars for an antique car museum. Saw some incredible cars there.

Also north of Seguin was a crumbling adobe structure with a funny car in front. I pulled over and discovered it was a jet dragster. There was also a jet semi truck and a turbine powered (farm type) tractor. Also, sitting on a stand was a 4-row radial aircraft engine. (Pratt & Whitney R-4360 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) What a beast! I was never able to find out who owned all that.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Lone Jack , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
There was also a jet semi truck.....What a beast! I was never able to find out who owned all that.
A fella named Bob Motz used to own that truck if we're talking about the same one. A red/burgandy t-800?
Pop.528

"You better learn it fast; you better learn it young"-John Fogerty
Larry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in MO View Post
A fella named Bob Motz used to own that truck if we're talking about the same one. A red/burgundy t-800?
As I recall, it was white with a couple of accent stripes. I have seen others on TV, but still strikes me as strange.

Tags
2006 bambi