Old 12-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
First day with Sport 22FB

Try plugging in the umbilical and turning on the running lights on your tow vehicle.

Some cameras are wired directly to clearance lights to get power.

That’s the way I wired mine when I installed them. I drive with all lights on whenever I am towing so hopefully I am easier to see.

2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Leo , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casa Air View Post
We are brand new with our first RV is a 22 FB Sport. We took delivery 12/4. We have a Voyager Digital Wireless Monitor that I am having trouble getting paired.

The coach is in the driveway plugged into city power.
I backed the TV up and plugged in to the coach.
I followed the. Pairing instructions and it failed each time.
One of the responses was to turn them power onto the camera. I don’t see any switches on the camera so I am uncertain if the camera is not receiving power from the factory’s wiring or if I am missing something in the set up

The coach is not hooked up to the TV should I unplug city power or is this an install error and dealer help is required

I appreciate your help
Thanks
Is it powered by your running lights?

Jimroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:00 PM   #73
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Forestburg , Texas
Just piling on about the camera.

Factory install is via the running lights. TV lights must be on to activate the camera. After that, be sure the video is set to the correct channel. If all else fails, go back to the selling dealer or the AS Mothership.
Ham Radio Call sign K5FT
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #74
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Forestburg , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
I wonder why a stove vent wasn't built in to your model.
Simple answer $$. The vent would add both weight (not much) and cost. The 22FB is a single axle and sells for under $60k. Keeping weight under gross 4000ibs is a huge marketing tool.
Ham Radio Call sign K5FT
Old 12-11-2018, 04:33 AM   #75
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Msherw - My last AS was a 19' Int'l Bambi and it had a stove vent. Given all the cautionary advice about how to prevent moisture/humidity from accumulating inside ASs, you would think a vent would be automatically included on all models.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #76
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Forestburg , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Msherw - My last AS was a 19' Int'l Bambi and it had a stove vent. Given all the cautionary advice about how to prevent moisture/humidity from accumulating inside ASs, you would think a vent would be automatically included on all models.
Well AS did fit the Bambis with a Fantastic Fan roof vent. It acts as a good air extractor. I guess they felt this was a cost effective way to pull cooking fumes out under most conditions. (yes one window should be slightly opened to get good cross ventilation as some said.)

Someone here said there is interior moisture buildup using the AS furnace. No. The furnace burning LP vents to the outside of the furnace housing. The only moisture build up inside is from the cooktop stove and hot water showers (and humans breathing during sleep hours). In all cases the roof vent likely is adequate.

We do most, if not all our greasy cooking on a griddle or Coleman stove outside on a picnic table. If too cold to do that, we just use the microwave for warming already cooked food. We feel the cleaner and better smelling our AS can be, contributes to our enjoyment. Would I like a Balderi vent-a-hood? Sure. Just not necessary. BTW Winnane ?? added one to his 22FB. Lot of work but sure looks great!

Ham Radio Call sign K5FT