Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Adairsville , Georgia
Finally pulled the trigger

Well, I just plunked down a deposit on a new Bambi 16' Sport. After looking at the 16 originally, we started thinking longer. However, after considering a new 22FB and a slightly used 20C in excellent condition, we went back to the 16 because in reality we each independently realized the 16 will fit our travel lifestyle and destinations better than anything else. I am having interior LEDs, and a Group 32 Deep Cycle battery installed, along with an equalizer 600lb hitch, as part of the deal.
The only problem is our first grandchild is ready to arrive at ant time, and my work schedule won't allow me to pick it up until the first week of August. I'm counting the days.
As always all opinions on, and experiences with the 16 are welcome.
This our first travel trailer.
Cheers

Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
We started with a 16, then a FC20, and now look at us! You will enjoy regardless of length ... it is just a matter of getting out and away.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Congrats

Zenspector:

We've had our 2013 16' Sport since last August and have been on three trips with it. Love the new location for the bathroom door over the 2012 model.

Our Jeep Liberty tows it with ease and on one tank (flat road with a slight tail wind) recorded 13.5 mpg. The size fits our lifestyle perfectly and you will really appreciate the large storage space in the back, no more having to pack stuff on the bed or under the dinette!

We had the AS dealer install the second battery and have already switched over to LED except for one over the bed and one over the dinette. We stayed with the regular bulbs for reading.

What color interior did you get (ours in Mocha Blue) and did you opt for the microwave?

Good Luck and Happy Airstreaming.

Jack Dog
in So Cal
Old 06-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Adairsville , Georgia
We chose Sharksfin interior, and yes it came with the microwave. We also added LED lighting and a Group 32 deep cycle battery. After checking comparisons, we also felt the 16' Sport will fit our lifestyle better.
We are picking it up the first week of August after we move our daughter to U of Penn where she received a full scholarship for a Masters Degree program (hence being able to afford the Bambi).
Really looking forward to a nice shakedown trip from NJ back to GA.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Clarksville , Tennessee
We also have a 16' Sport. I just pulled it out of winter storage (a bit late this year thanks to a 9 month "business trip" to Afghanistan with the US Army). A couple questions for you guys: where are you guys getting the LED bulbs for your trailers? Are you happy with their performance? We do a lot of dry camping and I want to upgrade the lights to save some power. We already upgraded to a group 27 battery and a portable 80w solar panel.

Best,
David
Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Adairsville , Georgia
I'm having mine installed at the dealer (Colonial) as part of the deal. I've read that they are bright, which is okay, I can always remove a few if necessary.
Enjoy your summer.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenspector View Post
I'm having mine installed at the dealer (Colonial) as part of the deal. I've read that they are bright, which is okay, I can always remove a few if necessary.
Enjoy your summer.
If they're too bright, install a dimmer switch in place of the original toggle switch. In fact, have Colonial install a dimmer switch anyway, then you don't have to worry about it. They can use a dimmer from a 2013 Airstream Interstate if other models don't have them.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Adairsville , Georgia
Thumbs up

Thanks, Protagonist. Great idea! I'll have them install one before I pick it up.