Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
Our 22' Sport does not have the panoramic front windows surrounding the bed and the wife thought she wanted them at first. Then we visited with friends who did have those pano windows around their bed ... and we realized they did not have the privacy in bed we enjoy, nor did we suffer the cold windows beside the bed, nor could our friends lean up against a solid wall to read in bed. Now we're glad we have the small window up front and on the roadside with no window on the curbside except the hehr- one over the wheel well.

We've had the AS almost 3 years now, put 25K miles under it and still think it's the "cat's meow" for a 2-person AS, and comfortable still when we take a grandchild with us.
Our 2018 22FB has the pano windows. Wife did not want a 'climb over' bed but we compromised and that resulted in ME getting the cold windows and the climb over position. The 2018 has blackout curtains that help with privacy and temperature control to some degree. I still get the 'cold butt' syndrome on winter nights as I get too close to the front wall. It doesn't matter how warm the AS air is - that shiny wall is cold.

Our next AS will be a walk around queen bed. Wife thinks the 2 twin beds would be nice but I will make her sleep next to that cold aluminum and it will convince her otherwise. LOL.

Life is too short to be cold when you sleep while camping. Do whatever is necessary to make your sleep bed work for you.
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Msherw, your post reminded me of another difference in later models vs earlier models: The plain aluminum interior walls. The '08 Sport we have has it's walls/ceiling covered in what is often referred to as "mousefur". It's the same material many boat mfr's use to line their interior hulls. At first, I was worried that it might be a maintenance and cleaning headache... but it's actually been easy to maintain....(simple vacuuming with a shop--vacuum. The only time we've sufferd a stain/spillage it was easily cleaned with aerosol dry-cleaning fluid and the shop vacuum immediately removing the solvent. Works great.)

Ordinarily not a problem in that regard however... but the advantage we've found (as opposed to the complaints of our friends with the plain alum. walls) is that we do not suffer condensation, and the interior is better insulated and quieter. (And no cold wall against your butt.)
I don't know why AS stopped that wall covering but we're glad to have it. (The bathroom is still all-alum walls/ceiling however and that makes sense.)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
One of my rules for RV's is I have to be able to sleep, eat, and go to the bathroom rebuilding the interior
Nothing spoils a great day than returning tired and having to play in Lego-Land.
When the camping day is done, I want a hot (short) shower, food, sit outside under the awning and tend the fire and talk to our neighbors, check emails, then hit the bed that I don't have to wrestle to get set up. The 22FB gives me all that and is easy to tow.

What more could I need?
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote