Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #181
CampADK

Orleans , Ontario
Those huge velcros are not necessary. To travel I simply reverse the slider doors so the holes are in the center and then run a twist tie through. I also run a strap through the bank of drawers all the way to the bottom flip open door. That way if a drawer bounces out the bottom one will hold it from sliding out all the way. I run a bungie from the stove handle to the stainless drawer to keep the fridge from opening. The dometic fridge lock doesn't work well. One last item I secure is the front top vent. It's a cheap item ($15 to replace) and a strong wind can lift it open. I run a small bungie around the crank and across the vent to stop it from opening when it's in storage. All these chores take about 2 minutes to secure doors and vents. Very easy and when you aren't using them you don't have anything showing!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #182
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoncamp View Post
Because the cabinet glass slides so easily, unfortunately, the previous owners put velcro straps on the wood to hold them in. We are going to try carefully removing them, but even with it, we think it's the best looking Airstream model going.
Congratulations on the find!
For the sliding door issue, we put a champagne cork through the two holes. I'd heard of it from someone else, and the solution even looks nice. I think it took us a couple different corks before we found the perfect fit, so enjoy a bottle or two of bubbly now to celebrate the purchase.
To remove the velcro adhesive, try either SEM Solve or 3M Adhesive remover. I'm 99% sure I've used it on our Winick, and generally find it has no affect on any finish. But I'll always suggest a test on an out-of-the-way spot first.
kd7trx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #183

Nashville , Tennessee
Looking to buy

Would love to find a Winick 75 for sale. Any help is much apprec. thx
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #184
1 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Dallas , Oregon
Hubcaps for the Winick

We lost a hubcap off our Winick. Looking for new ones that look just like the original...The Baby Moon style. Bought some online that were supposed to be the right size but they wouldnt go on and they were made CHEAP. Dented the first try to get them on and never could get them on. Does anyone know where we could get the Baby Moon Hubcaps that fit and are good quality?
rozhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Lots of quality hub caps at Coker
Search results for: 'hub caps'
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #186
1 Rivet Member

Los Angeles , California
Greetings Air forums community, on the market for a David Winick edition Bambi if any of you looking to find a good home for it then dont hesitate to contact me. My girlfriend is moving from France and joining me in California where we plan to do some road tripping this summer. I know they are hard to find but thought it could not hurt to leave a message here in the forum. Cheers!
Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #187
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Los Gatos , California
Question for the Winick owners: anyone else have issues with the push-button switches on the wall sconces. One of mine needs to be jiggled to work, and the other has quit altogether.
I think I could simply replace the switch, but airstream said to replace the whole sconce, and gave me a part number. When I looked up the part number, it's not even the same sconce.
So has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?
Hudsoncamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #188
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Question for the Winick owners: anyone else have issues with the push-button switches on the wall sconces. One of mine needs to be jiggled to work, and the other has quit altogether.
I think I could simply replace the switch, but airstream said to replace the whole sconce, and gave me a part number. When I looked up the part number, it's not even the same sconce.
Ours is stored away from the house, but can definitely tell you those sconces are easily disassembled and repaired. They're simply made up of standard lamp parts, with a few custom parts related to the shade and it's support. Our shades kept coming loose when traveling, so took them apart and did some simple repairs so they would no longer loosen up in-route.
The switch is an off-the-shelf item, so look a lamp/lamp shade shop in your area.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #189
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Los Gatos , California
I'm adding solar panels to the roof. Where does the solar pre-wire come up on the Winick models? The owner's manual says out of the refrigerator vent, but there isn't one (I guess because of the smaller refrigerator on these models versus the regular CCD?).
Is it by the front vent? The fantastic fan?
Old 06-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #190
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
I'm adding solar panels to the roof. Where does the solar pre-wire come up on the Winick models? The owner's manual says out of the refrigerator vent, but there isn't one (I guess because of the smaller refrigerator on these models versus the regular CCD?).
Is it by the front vent? The fantastic fan?
I pondered adding another fan in the front vent, so removed the vent's interior liner to see if I could locate a power source. I did find the solar wire, which on ours was tucked back in the insulation just to the rear of the vent. You've probably already seen the other end of the solar wire down in front of the fresh water tank.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #191
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Los Gatos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7trx View Post
I pondered adding another fan in the front vent, so removed the vent's interior liner to see if I could locate a power source. I did find the solar wire, which on ours was tucked back in the insulation just to the rear of the vent. You've probably already seen the other end of the solar wire down in front of the fresh water tank.
Perfect. Thank you. I did see the other end in front of the fresh water tank. Did you ever find a power source by that front vent?
Old 06-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #192
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Perfect. Thank you. I did see the other end in front of the fresh water tank. Did you ever find a power source by that front vent?
We were camping when I had the impulse to look for an electrical source by the front vent. I started on the rear side, then decided to wait to finish until were were home with a vacuum cleaner available, since my probing was releasing small bits of fiberglass insulation into the trailer. I've not pursued it any further, but will try again sometime this summer.
I first called my dealer to try to get their input on the wiring diagram, and they didn't even want to try helping. So I asked the dealer to call Airstream and see if they could help. They did call, and I was dumbfounded to hear that Airstream doesn't have a clue how our 75 trailers were wired, and didn't offer any suggestions. I would think they'd have records, but apparently not.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #193
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Los Gatos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7trx View Post
This is exactly where it was. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #194
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Los Gatos , California
I'm just curious how people pack their Winicks. What do you put in each storage compartment?
Under the TV
Over the sink
Over the dinette
Under the curbside dinette seat
Behind the curbside dinette seat
Behind the street side dinette seat
Wardrobe closet
Wardrobe drawers
Over the bed
Under the gaucho
Old 07-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #195
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
I'm just curious how people pack their Winicks. What do you put in each storage compartment?
Under the TV
Over the sink
Over the dinette
Wardrobe closet
Wardrobe drawers
Over the bed
Under the gaucho
We've been fine-tuning ours constantly since the purchase four years ago. We don't leave on our next camping trip until July 14, so will take some photos then to best illustrate our solution, and post later that week after the trip.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #196
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Napa , California
Some ideas . . .

Quote:
Under the TV
Over the sink
Over the dinette
Wardrobe closet
Wardrobe drawers
Over the bed
Under the gaucho
I came up with a few ideas that work well for us. In order to find things easily in all the cabinets, I measured all of them first and purchased plastic storage bins with lids like this one: Sterilite 15-qt bin

They come in many different sizes and I was able to find one for every cabinet. It makes it really easy to find things and items are not moving around in the cabinet and ready to fall out when you open the door. I store spices, s&p, oils, all my many utensils, etc. over the stove. I have napkins, garbage bags, Ziploc baggies, tupperware over the dinette. I got a large basket from Cost Plus for plates, bowls, cups, etc. for the bottom shelf under the TV. I just pull it out. I also have different size mixing bowls, pots and pans, coffee pot, etc. under the TV on the top shelf. Misc. light bulbs, fuses, extra TP and various tools under the bed. Wardrobe drawers have tin foil, glad wrap, soap, flashlights, first aid kit, bug spray, hot pads . . small things that you usually want quickly. I got two large plastic bins for holding can and box food that I keep in the back of the truck. We only put coats in the wardrobe and keep our suitcases in the front seat of the truck while we're camping. We put fishing gear under the dinette seat. I have a small garbage can, a little Red Devil vacuum and a lantern that goes behind the dinette by the sink. A fold-down dish rack goes behind the dinette on the other side. I bought a two-prong hook that hangs from the top of the bathroom door that I hang our bath towels on. I'm all about finding a place for everything and everything is in its place! Hope that helps!
Kathyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #197
1 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Bolingbrook , Illinois
Smile

Quote:
Under the TV
Over the sink
Over the dinette
Wardrobe closet
Wardrobe drawers
Over the bed
Under the gaucho
"Behind the street side dinette seat" The thin, deep one. Well I have plastic containers that fit there perfectly with crackers and other food items. Also the picnic tablecloth. BUT when we were at the first Alumapalooza in Jackson Center Ohio Dave Winick was there. He came to see how we liked the trailer (love it!) and autographed a cabinet. He "scolded" me because he said the compartment was meant for wine bottles and liquor bottles. Now I know and will listen to him!!!

Nancy Peña
silverbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #198
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Los Gatos , California
Has anyone replaced their Micropulse sensors? Are they accessible without cutting in the belly pan? I thought I read they're are just behind the valves and didn't require cutting. My trailer is a couple hours away so I can't check.
Separately, has anyone replaced them with Seelevel system?
Old 07-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #199
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Los Gatos , California
Figuring out the AV system in the Winick Bambi. I took out the multi disc changer as I'd never use it. But how do I best connect an iPhone? I tried the jacks in the attached picture, but I couldn't get audio to come through. Tips?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1406060246.709111.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	609.2 KB
ID:	217154

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 07-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #200
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
Quote:
We had one that you had to jiggle to get to work for some time. Finally had the Plattsburg Airstream dealer replace the switch. Absolutely no need to replace the sconce!
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 bambi, 75th anniversary bambi