Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
London , ontario
Corner Bath

Hello all.

Just wondering if I'm the only one having a hard time negotiating the corner bath?

We own a 2005 19' Bambi with the corner bath. Of course the door doesn't open all the way so it's a squeeze to get in there. Sitting on the throne is a trick, one foot in the shower ...As to the shower, it's ok, just cosy.

I'm 5'10", 215lbs.

Anyone else?
gowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Duluth , Minnesota
Hey gowyn, We have the same trailer. Just purchased this summer. Agree, it's a bit tight. The trade off for us is that the rest of the open space in the trailer is really nice. We have two kids 19 and 16. My 19 year old loves tenting and takes the backpacking tent out when we arrive at a location for more than one night. On the travel days, she uses the self-inflater pad and drops it on the floor, then jumps into the sleeping bag. Other child on the front dinnete, us in bed. The system really works well with space left over to move around. Again, it's a bit tight, but we simply found that if you want enough room to move without a little bit of a squeeze, you might as well plan on buying a room at the local Holiday Inn! Truth is, we could easily do that for the cost of one of our rigs! (Ain't that the painfuil truth). We want and enjoy the ambience of our little home away from home. Couple of inches would have been profitably deployed in the corner though... that's a fact!

Liking you rig otherwise? We're are delighted. Just wish I had had the foresight to make the ivestment earlier. Have suffered with sub-quality trailers for a long time before this one!
skykingpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
London , ontario
yep love the trailer. Wow you have four big people in there? There's just 2 and a half of us. Maybe a three year old qualifies as two considering all her stuff...hehe
gowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
We had a '06 19ft. Safari and the bathroom was the reason we got a bigger A/S. Yep its tight to get in and yes your "seating position" is a bit odd. lol. But we did fit into the shower fine. The bed was too small for us. However the rest of the trailer was wonderfull! What a great layout. Easy to move around and cook and dine. The bed and bathroom problems were mostly mine. 6-2 250 lbs. WIfe thought the size was perfect at her 5-3. I still think that A/S is soooo cute and the perfect size to go so many places. You have a wonderfull unit. Enjoy it for many years.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote