Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Bambi 22 Sport FB--That damn convertible sink!

I have a couple of questions about that idiotic fold-down sink in the 22 FB Sport model. (Ours is a 2014.) To begin with, I have to say that it was the one "feature" of this model that I distrusted from the beginning: the combination of plumbing and rotating joints seemed to ask for trouble. And trouble we've now had.

Three questions. First, has anyone else had the problem of the faucet turning on under that glass cover when it's all folded down? (Or: has anyone NOT had the problem?)

Second: Is there some sort of fix for that one-handle faucet, so that it doesn't turn on surreptitiously when folded down?

Third: Has anyone replaced the sink with the sink found in the new 2017's, where it's actually a sink sink and gotten a double sink in the process?

(Please don't respond with "you just have to be careful." We'll just all agree to take that as a given, OK?)
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Hi,

We had that sink and learned about the sink faucet luckily before we had any problems.

At the heart of the issue is that the sink can be set into folding position in a couple of different ways. One of those ways can look right, but can have the very small nubby handle raised up enough that the cover then closes down on it and turns on the faucet.

We found the best way was to fold the tall part of the spigot to the left, and check the small nubby faucet handle to make sure BOTH that it was not sticking up, and was also closed all of the way.

See pictures in post #27 on this thread for some ideas on changeout on the sink.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...CrzM95ZD4ZzLvg

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Sandpoint , Idaho
We replaced with IKEA single with drainboard; works well for us, and cheap to boot.
Yachthalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:11 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2014 22' FB Sport
West Valley City , Utah
We had the problem this past weekend.I have a 2014 as well. We forgot that when the valve handle is turned up in the “Hot” direction the “nubby” handle will be moved slightly by the lid when you close it and turn it on a little. But that little bit is enough to cause the sink to over flow if the plug is in the drain or, worse, to fill your grey tank up and over flow in the bathroom.
I was lucky enough to happen into the trailer just as the water started hitting the floor. I came home with a resolve to change out the sink. But chasing down parts is hard with shut downs, etc.
My solution was to put a “slim cutting wheel” on my Dremel tool and cut off about 3/16” of the nubby handle. Use the side of the wheel to take off any sharp edges. Now the “nubby handle” is nubbier , but it is enough the stop the lid from turning the water on. Cheap and easy fix too as long as you have the tool. Great tool to own if you have any RV.
Rhuffer2 is offline   Reply With Quote