Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Bellevue , Washington
some updates:

We asked to see the copy of HOA policy last Friday, but no response yet. Waiting...

At the same time, tried to shop around the RV storage. Found one around 15 mins drive, asking $80/month, no cover. Is it a good price?
shockfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2024 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
We pay double that, but it is in an enclosed, fenced yard with a security gate, an air station for the tires, and a dump station. We store in an inside unit, completely covered, locked door (our lock), and 110 electric to plug in the fridge.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockfly View Post
some updates:

We asked to see the copy of HOA policy last Friday, but no response yet. Waiting...

At the same time, tried to shop around the RV storage. Found one around 15 mins drive, asking $80/month, no cover. Is it a good price?
Live in mine - problem solved.
Your case - find a small airport with spare hangar space. Great advice I've heard here there and yon around this forum. Seems to me it would be perfect storage for an airstream... and your stream would be happy among it's "winged cousins"
Old 11-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Live in mine - problem solved.

Your case - find a small airport with spare hangar space. Great advice I've heard here there and yon around this forum. Seems to me it would be perfect storage for an airstream... and your stream would be happy among it's "winged cousins"

So you are full-time living in AS. Do you change site frequently? or you keep stay in a place?
shockfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:03 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
I've also had problems with a HOA. Unfortunately, the HOA President lived a few doors down from me. Fortunately, she died and anyway I no longer live in that house. Also fortunately, I got the idea for a prize-winning short story about it.

I do want to say one word in defense of home owners' associations. While it is a principle of the Common Law that a man's home is his castle, and a principle of libertarian philosophy [this is philosophy, not politics!] that "I can do whatever I want with my property," the fact is that some people's use of their property effects others' property values. I might not care if you paint your house purple, but I might care if you had a dozen cars parked on your front lawn while you worked on them, sloooooooowwwwwwwllllllllyyyyyyyy. So HOA rules were designed to protect Person A's property values from Person B's mis-use.

In any community, community members have to consider others' needs. In a society in which we don't really know our neighbors and don't really care what they think, the HOA fills an important role, something like a synthetic conscience. Unfortunately, we've devolved from communities like the Pre-Tragedy of the Commons villages, to the Tragedy of the Commons anything-goes situation. And thus HOAs are necessary.

So when they come knocking on my door about my Sport 22 parked in my driveway for 6 months, I'm going to have to just apologize and pledge to mend my evil ways.
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote