Old 05-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
so the auction was ended--I hope no one sent any money--but I feel for the seller who got hacked.

my experience was pretty horrible--it happened 6 hours before the end of auction for my Arg--and if you've ever sold a big item on ebay you'll know that it's very time consuming--you get zillions of phone calls and emails, I had people coming to look at it every day--and then to have the auction ended--infuriating--also I was put into some weird security zone by ebay--I couldn't send emails through them and all the info about bidders disappeared so i couldn't contact anyone to explain what happened.

I started up another auction right away--but that auction was being treated as suspicious by ebay so bidders disappeared and again I couldn't contact anyone--I finally got ebay to admit what they were doing, closed down that auction and started auction #3--so another week of craziness untill the Arg finally was sold!

Moral of the story--do not look at any strange emails--the one that got me was sent through ebay--which i thought was secure, BUT IT IS NOT!!

zoeb nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:31 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
here's another one--jeez!

zoeb nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Reported it...should disappear shortly!

Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #18
1953 Flying Cloud
1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
This auction has now been removed. Good catch
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:22 AM   #19
Rivet Master
1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
One day I came across a guy with 25 or 30 different boats & trailers for sale on eBay-all of them bogus. Got to keep you witss abut you.
"Not all who are laundering are washed" say Bill & Heidi

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #20
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I have a couple of limited edition collectible items I bought three years ago specifically to hold onto and resell for profit (keeping the third for myself) but because of all of the fraudulent stuff going on on Ebay, I'm afraid to even try these days.

A couple of years ago my wife bought an item on Ebay and paid through pay-pal. The seller kept making excuses about being sick and couldn't get to the post office to mail it, yada yada yada. After a few days, my wife started checking and all of the sudden this seller had a ton of complaints about the same M.O. and when she filled a claim with pay-pal, they did their investigation and told her that the seller had cleared his account and there was no way for her to get her money back. Now e-bay owns pay-pal and their policy is supposed to be to guarantee transactions on e-bay. So my wife wrote our credit card company and explained to them what had happened and that she never received the merchandise and that she was disputing the charges and included the response from pay-pal. The credit card company removed the charge from our account and back charged pay-pal. Pay-pal was not happy. But neither was my wife that she had to go through all the extra trouble when pay-pal was supposed to guarantee the transaction. Since then I don't trust pay-pal or e-bay and on the few occasions that I have bought using e-bay, I have dealt directly with the seller using my credit card and left pay-pal out of the loop and out of the profit cycle!

2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote