Old 12-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Alumapalooza 2016

I am interested in going. Can someone share their experience as to want camping accommodations to expect. And anything else you'd like to share.

Ron
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 12-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
We're not attending this year and we didn't attend last year and we're not attending in 2016 but we have been twice in the past and had a great time. We've also attended other Aluma events and have never heard anything bad about any of them. However, I feel certain somebody out there will disagree - there's always somebody!

Based on our two-years-ago experience and I don't think it's changed...

Camping is in a field with the daisy-chained water supply and 3 amp (maybe 5 amp) electric connection that allows your batteries to remain charged. I think you're supposed to run the refrigerator on propane. Cannot us the microwave, hair dryer or any other high power devices as that will overload the circuit.

There are no sewer hookups but "blue boys" were made available to share and that allows you to dump gray water in a nearby drain. Black water cannot be disposed of during the event - that may have changed by now - perhaps they offer a pump out but not sure about that.

Parking is first-come first serve so you'll need to drive in with your friends or just take what comes and meet new neighbors. Everyone is there to have a good time so you'll be instant friends with everyone.

The promoters do a good job of making action packed days filled with seminars, other activities, happy hour, a few catered meals, etc.

Be sure to keep an eye on the Alumapalooza web site. They'll post updates periodically.

You'll have blast!

2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
nvestysly, thank you

Ron
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 01-09-2016, 02:49 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Eddie Bauer
2009 34' Panamerica
2009 34' Panamerica
Sarvvik , FINLAND
I will be going there with my friends and my customized Eddier Bauer 27' and our geodesic Sauna Dome tent experience - our plan is to offer community sauna for anybody who is interested.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Look forward to seeing you.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 03-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #6

Currently Looking...
Chicago , Illinois
We have been lurking here for a while now, and are laying the groundwork to becom "full-timers" in 2 years - we will have 3 kids (7, 5, 3) and maybe a dog so after a lot of research (including an RV show) we think the 30' Flying Cloud Bunk is the model for us.

If we showed up at Alumapalooza without an Airstream and just camped nearby in a pop-up, do you think we would get to check out any Airstreams and walk through them? We would love to meet some of the community to keep our excitement up for the big trip. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 PM   #7
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by snert View Post
We have been lurking here for a while now, and are laying the groundwork to becom "full-timers" in 2 years - we will have 3 kids (7, 5, 3) and maybe a dog so after a lot of research (including an RV show) we think the 30' Flying Cloud Bunk is the model for us.

If we showed up at Alumapalooza without an Airstream and just camped nearby in a pop-up, do you think we would get to check out any Airstreams and walk through them? We would love to meet some of the community to keep our excitement up for the big trip. Thanks.
You can attend Alumapalooza in any brand of RV or even a tent for that matter. Nobody will think less of you for bringing your pop-up.

Why not register for the entire event, bring your pop-up, and participate in Alumapalooza to the greatest extent possible?

Yes, you could stay nearby and come in for the day, but you'll be missing much of what Alumapalooza is all about! If you stay off-site I think you can walk around for free but attending seminars and participating in other events is limited to those who registered.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Would be a great opportunity to get familiar with airstream. One caution with young children, there is no bathhouse onsite. If you feel you can overcome that hurdle it would be great to stay onsite, if not stay at a nearby campground & come over for the day to learn about airstreams. Would look forward to seeing you.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 04-28-2016, 08:33 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB International
Dayton , Ohio
We have a couple of Airstream rentals (19' Flying Cloud and a 23FB International) if you want try out a smaller one. It would be tight for a family of five, but might be better than a pop-up or a tent. Send me a PM if you'd like more info. Whatever you decide to attend in, you will be welcome!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #10
RAH
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by snert View Post

I think if you come to Alumapalooza in a pop-up, you'll be the most popular camper there! You'll be something different, and there's no better way to see a wide variety of new and vintage Airstreams.