Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2017, 06:12 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
We bought a new 2007 and a new 2014. I didn't have any serious issues, only a few of minor ones that we had taken care of before the end of warranty.

I'm a happy AS owner.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I'm encouraged that Airstream pops in every so often to help folks that have big problems. That means they're reading this and are worried about future sales enough to attempt to solve problems.
Maybe they have a vice president in charge of forum relations!

If I was Airstream, I'd want to vastly improve local mechanic's knowledge of the units. Way too many stories of "I'll never take it back for service again!"
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:11 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Agreed. My trailer recently got hit in the storage yard. I will only take it to JC and the fellow's insurance company will only compensate for transport to the nearest AS dealer. Would be great if the dealer network on the whole were as expert as the factory service center. I don't care so much about the generic stuff - I take it to a local SOB shop for that - it's all common things. But anything that makes the AS unique I only trust to the factory...a 2-day trip one way for me....
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:11 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
Pat,

Where can you find a list of dealers and their rivet score?

Thx
Dealer listing can be found on the Airstream web page. I do not think that the 5 Rivet program has advanced enough to start publishing rankings.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Agreed. My trailer recently got hit in the storage yard. I will only take it to JC and the fellow's insurance company will only compensate for transport to the nearest AS dealer. Would be great if the dealer network on the whole were as expert as the factory service center. I don't care so much about the generic stuff - I take it to a local SOB shop for that - it's all common things. But anything that makes the AS unique I only trust to the factory...a 2-day trip one way for me....
Don't know about YOUR state laws but mine allow the injured party to select the dealer/repair station of their choice. YOU have been injured and the ins co is obligated to make your whole again. They just think you'll give up. Get a lawyer friend to write them a letter. Worked for me.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #26
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Pat,

Thx
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2016/05/ad...stream-dealer/

Only the winner, NW Adventures listed, but some other info on this link. AS Corp is using the program to motivate their dealers, so a call to JC with questions on your dealers of choice may help. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2016/05/ad...stream-dealer/

Only the winner, NW Adventures listed, but some other info on this link. AS Corp is using the program to motivate their dealers, so a call to JC with questions on your dealers of choice may help. Pat

The article stated the following:
“Humphreys outlined several new initiatives, including a new Certified Pre-Owned Airstream program as well as a “5-Rivet” dealer standards system and the debut of Airstream University, an online training and education curriculum.”

Have any of these Airstream programs seen the light of day? I don’t recall seeing anything at the Seattle AS dealer I visited or online.
ijoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #28
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijoe13 View Post
-- snip -- I don’t recall seeing anything at the Seattle AS dealer I visited or online.
Since they took the 5 rivet award, you might discuss those programs with your contacts in the group on your next relationship building visit. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Since they took the 5 rivet award, you might discuss those programs with your contacts in the group on your next relationship building visit. Pat

Yes, good point. I plan on doing so.
ijoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Quote:
Pat,

Thx
Found this on the web, fortunately my dealer is one of the largest and highest rated - hope your's is too!

https://rv-pro.com/news/airstream-an...p-dealers-2017

Good luck,
camperguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:21 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperguy58 View Post
Found this on the web, fortunately my dealer is one of the largest and highest rated - hope your's is too!

https://rv-pro.com/news/airstream-an...p-dealers-2017

Good luck,

Thanks!!!!! Well my dealer is in the top 10 list for units sold, but to no surprise not on the top service. ....... what incentive do they have to do excellent service when the sell no matter what the level of service......

There are no close by alternatives, a captive market....