Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Access to the Windows

I have a newby question. How does one clean the front curved windows on a 2013 16' Sport AS.

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the solar gaurds to clean the windows behind them.

Thanks,
Jack Dog
in So Cal
JackDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Open the center of the guard. You will then see two quarter turn fasteners on each side along the edges of the guard. Turn those and the curved guards swing away.

Two warnings - make sure you get those fasteners firmly reinstalled. Also be careful when the curved guards are open. They can easily swing too far open and put a slight-but-oh-so-annoying crease in the side of the trailer.

Tom
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Jack,

Congratulations on your new trailer, and to the Forums!

You will need to raise the center section first. Lift and let the two black rubber hold bungie like clips down. When you raise the center section, there are two screws that will lock the center section in place.

On the inner potrion of the curved solar guard frame are two screws that need to be loosened about a 1/4 turn each. BE CAREFUL!!! The solar guards will swing out, and if it's windy, they will get away from you and swing back against the trailer. If needed they can be lifted off of the rear hinge. While you have them open, inspect the rear hinges. I had noticed that on one side of my trailer, one rivet was sheared off and another was missing completly.

When you reinstall the guard, you will need to apply some 'pressing or pushing in' pressure when tightening the screws (I forget the name of these fittings). I always tug a little on the frame to ensure the screws are seated properly.

On other thing is only open one side at a time, if not Murphy will visit you at the most inoportune time.

Drew
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Jack Dog in So Cal

2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Thanks,

This was something the tech at the AS dealer failed to inform me about when I picked it up last week.

Michael (Jack Dog).
JackDog is offline   Reply With Quote