Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #1

2014 22' FB Sport
Sugar land , Texas
a/c drips inside

does anyone else experience their A/C unit dripping inside? any remedies or things I need to check?
streamarktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Only I have noticed a bit of dripping when camping in high humidity and fan on low or medium, then when shut down, it drips some limited condensation back onto the dinette...pretty limited, and I think running fan on high prevented this as I recall when its that hot/humid.....

If it drips more constantly as you are running it, then you may have an issue? Not sure.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Long Beach , California
I have a 2005 19' and it dripped quite a bit. There are a few threads around here on the subject. Some have said it's a clogged drain line. Mine turned out to be a cracked pan that had to be replaced. But, yours is much newer, likely not the same issue?
LBOskiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Mine dripped and ended up being a leak where the hose exits the drain pan. I dropped the air distribution box and could see where the water had only collected under the drain tube. I verified the drain hose was not plugged up by first connecting some clear plastic hose to the drain hose in the wheel well then blowing on it.

Sealed it up better and it's been fine. Not sure if yours has the drain pan or cups but it should be connected to a drain hose that runs through the wall and exits under the trailer probably the wheel well.

Also, has it been raining hard on your Airstream. Might be the seal is allowing rain to get in.

I'd check this out and if all appears OK take it in for warranty during a hot/humid day.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
We have a 27 EB with two air conditioners. The lounge airconditioner would have a cup full of water come out on high humidity days when we would turn it off. Took it to Foley RV last month for a couple things covered under warranty. They sealed both units. So far no leaks. The real test will be this weekend camping trip.
By the way Foley RV did a great job on the other issues. They even discovered our faulty brake controller was causing the trailer to pull to one side when stopping. We replaced it there. It now tows great.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I'm hitting foley for warranty repairs in late June and will bring this up - thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #7

2014 22' FB Sport
Sugar land , Texas
A/C drips

It seems to be most prevalent when we turn the unit off, it cascades. We have noticed it in the past to varying degrees but this last weekend while we were at South Padre Island for Memorial Day weekend after it rained all night, ran the unit on high for at least 24 hours in high humidity. So from the responses, any and/or all of the suggested culprits will need to be checked... thanks for the comments. I'll start with checking the hose and pan.....
streamarktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I notice on mine with the fan running the water doesn't run out the drain hole in the wheel as well as it does when the fan/compressor cycles off. When the fan cycles off then the water comes out faster, but I haven't had the pan overflow out of the pan into the air distribution box. Other members have reported this.

So I would think if there is a small obstruction it may cause the water to overflow the pan.

In the hot weather we keep the AC on manual fan so when the compressor cycles off the fan keeps running.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote