Old 09-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
Rivet Master
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
4 Corners-Hampers and Storage-Bambi 16'-Any Pictures?

I was wondering about the "hampers" that are on the head/foot of the beds in the 16, etc. and then also the area around the front dinette with the drawers and other nooks and crannies. How much do these hold, and what do most folks keep in them?

Airstream's website of course only has a floor plan; no elevation drawings.

So how much do these "hampers" hold, and how do you use them? What about that drawer under the dinette seat, and the other nooks and crannies behind it.

While we're at it, I am interested in basically seeing how and where folks store things for both travel conditions and use at the campsite in a Bambi 16.

What I am curious about is where do you store clothes, toiletries, shoes, and bedding for the dinette bed.

Google image search had nothing showing the hampers or storage that I could find.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Although I don't have a Bambi, I think some of my uses would apply. If by hampers, you mean the small triangular cavities under bed one I keep a small soft sided cooler and two laundry bags. The other one contains stuffable rain suit, and my Dyson vac and its hose.
I take advantage of space under a lot of drawers for not often used items:

under and behind rear dinette drawer: 30 amp extension cord, spare batteries, water fill funnel, misc. audio/video cables, other misc stuff.

under drawer below fridge: 20 amp electrical cord

I also installed wire shelving above the underbed drawers. This gives about 3-4" of space for vac accessories; two sets of bed linens. That pic can be seen in my registry.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
2011 16' International
Wallace , Michigan
In our hampers we store DVDs; extra bed linen set; Sea to Summit bath towels and wash clothes; S t S dish drying towels and there is still more room for this and that.
Sandra F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
We store laundry in one hamper, a Dyson 12volt vacuum, various canvass bags and a soft computer case in the other. We do not have bedding for the dinette. Our clothing goes in the overhead cabinet above the bed and below the bed in that cavernous area. There is lots of room!
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
2015 16' Sport
Pineola , North Carolina
So far we haven't been able to use all the storage in our 16 Sport. I'm not kidding. And we go out for weeks at a time.
"Certainty on any matter is not one of the human attitudes the Gods admire or tolerate."
A. Cross
D Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:46 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
I store laundry at the foot of the bed, and extra blankets and an extra pillow at the head. I keep the laundry in a bag so it is easy to get in and out.

In the drawer under the dinette I keep some tools, bowls for the dog, flashlight, and misc. stuff I need a lot, like silicone spray and wet wipes.

Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:01 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member
Backpacks and bath towels are stored in our hampers.
Clothing in the closet and the cabinet above the back window.
Extra bedding is stored under the bed in totes and easily accessed from the inside hatch. (I have the totes labeled with a label maker. Yes, because I'm that guy...)
Kitchen items are all stored in the kitchen, of course. I purchased a 13.5 gallon round aluminum trash can with a white lid. It's foot operated and slides easily under the overhang of the bed when not needed.
DVD's and games are stored above the front pano windows.
Our electric skillet is stored in the drawer under the dinette. (I enjoy cooking outside.)
I have plans to purchase a large pot. It will be stored in the void in the corner in front of the drawer at the dinette.
Under the bed, accessed from outside all the hookups reside. (30 amp cord potable water hose, canvas collapsible trash can.
As I stated earlier the totes are all labeled. (Tools, Lighting, Plumbing, etc).

When we first took her out I had planned out exactly what we needed. I only took the stuff we needed. Sure you want to personalize your unit or decorate it with your style. But keep it to a minimum. You don't want to fill your spaces with unnecessary items.
Look for decorative items that serve duel purpose. For example if you like to drink hot tea everyday, and you your theme is flamingos (very popular among Airstreamers). Look for a tea kettle that is pink or one in the shape of a flamingo.

Storage is premium in such a small unit. But by packing only what we need, we have enough space for all our needs.

Bud and Nate
LIttle Rock, AR
2014 Bambi Sport 16'
"The Mini Bar"
2008 Hummer H3

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Airlovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:41 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member
2015 16' Sport
Corvallis , Oregon
We are not very organized yet. We use one hamper for dirty laundry and keep the clean laundry in the overhead bins. The other hamper is a bit of a catch all at the moment.
We keep bedding for the front dinette and our sons cloths in the drawer below the seat. The dealer recommended avoiding heavy items in this drawer because it doesn't have a solid lock and is a front to back(trailer orientation) slider and therefore more likely to open on its own during travel. We keep shoes and boots behind the drawer, they are handy right there by the door.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member
2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Here is how we are currently using storage for our Bambi 16:

We are storing our small Kuerig coffeemaker in the drawer beneath the dinette (on its side) and there is still room for a few other items. We have a small bath trash can with a grocery store bag under the dinette next to the door with the Airstream briefcase with owners manuals, etc. in front of it.

We use the microwave to store snack items and bread. For now we are storing towing and hook up supplies (cord, hose, chocks, etc.) in the back of the tow vehicle -- easy to get to.

We can easily get 3-4 days worth of clothes in the closet/cabinets with anything beyond that kept in a suitcase in the TV. We use the dinette as bed so keep it in "lounge" configuration and store the 1 1/2" memory foam topper on the rear bed.

Our rear storage compartment is only partially used -- we keep some cookware (crock pot, etc.) in one storage container which can be accessed from within the trailer, awning lights and cord in another and miscellaneous items, extra water hose, etc. in another. I am hesitant to put too much weight behind the trailer axle.

This is all a work in progress and appreciate the ideas being shared on here.
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:33 AM   #10
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi
2014 16' Sport
small city outside a big one , south of some, north of some
We traded our 16' after one year for a 20' Bambi. We emptied the unit out before taking it in for trade. It was no where near full. It is ASTONISHING how much those little critters hold! Storage is no issue in them period. If you need more storage you need to think about what you are taking. We had a bunch of stuff we forgot we had put in it. Great units! Those hampers are very deep.

Ikea spice racks with BBand Beyond small spice Ikea Large

B.Allen Clock, indoor outdoor thermometer/weather station

Pair (one showing) clothes baskets from Home Goods. Note turned over bed edge.

Added Home Depot? shelf in bedroom for BluRay/key basket.

Sardines for the "can"

We also had a shoe bag hanging in the closet and a bunch of hard stacking baskets in there, a fridge/freezer thermometer hanging on the microwave and a paper towel holder mounted in back of the microwave.
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:04 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member
Love the sardines!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Airlovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
2008 16' International
San Antonio , Texas
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1434030297.598871.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	240438

Love how everyone solves their own storage issues.

Here is a picture of what we did. The metal backing and trays and shelves came from the Container store.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Rjpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
We are also interested in people's various storage and organization techniques. RJPucket on your metal shelving with baskets do you empty the baskets before driving.

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
2008 16' International
San Antonio , Texas
The metal backing is on by velcro and the baskets have magnets below them. I had to use push pins below them to prevent them from sliding down a little. Other than that we leave everything in its place while traveling.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Rjpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote