Old 07-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #155
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Well, guess what? After visiting our friends over the weekend, and trying unsuccessfully to sleep in a smaller bed, the hubs is now considering the 25 so we can get the twins. No one climbing over the other and 2 beds always made as beds.

This is like remodeling a kitchen, "as long as we're doing this, might as well....".

Since we have to save up the money still, I guess we can still roll around all of the options.

Anyhow, I will still be doing copious research and weighing of all pros and cons between now and the time we buy.

I guess that good thing is that I feel that we can really pretty much get any of 3 or 4 different models and I would be happy. So that will give us a lot to consider.

Thank you to all who have posted on this thread. And I hope to see many of you one day on the road. I will be sure to keep reading and learning.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Well, we were thinking bigger, but now we are back to smaller.

Saw a lot of rigs over the weekend on the road, as we did a quick trip to Colorado and back.

We also drove through several campgrounds.

We now think that we DO want a 16, even though we could pull anything up to a 28 with our TV.

We want to get away, not sit on a sofa and watch TV in the air conditioning.
We are now thinking that the 16, which we liked from the start, is really a better fit for us. DH really was taken with the crammed in commercial campgrounds we saw, and it made us realize that we want something closer to tent camping, but with a shower and loo.

I can't thank all of you enough for your tips, tricks, and viewpoints. Now just need to keep putting those pennies away in the piggy bank.

Piggy Bank
Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #157
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
And do keep your eyes open for a gently used unit. It will bring down the price considerably.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #158
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
And do keep your eyes open for a gently used unit. It will bring down the price considerably.
We are on the lookout, to be sure. We are a year or two away from having the ca-ching to do this. It's hard to wait, but in the mean time we are reading and learning every day.

Piggy Bank
Old 09-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #159
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
how's the hunt going?

I have been on several more trips since my last post. I will be doing my 20th run in a couple of weeks. This will be another first...a desert trip with a bunch of 4 wheelers. Which will require my propane driven yamaha generator to run the a/c and oven, if needed. Had the AS since Jan 2012. I'm still making payments, but they are low, and I am getting lots of enjoyment out of it. Glad I didn't wait until I had the cash (although I usually do that). I want to use all my remaining AS days. When I get too old to tow, I will still take imaginary trips in it in my backyard.

Count the costs, but don't put it off too long. You won't regret it.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #160
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
We are pretty set on the 16. (Although I kinda like the 23D too. DH really only likes the 16', so that is most likely)

Have a daughter in grad school, so our travel time and money is already accounted for this year and next visiting her. So I think we're aiming at 2017 for our 30th anniversary.

I read every day to learn as much as I can

Agree that sometimes you need to take the bull by the horns and just do it.

Piggy Bank
Old 10-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #161
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
Piggy Bank..... We are a year maybe a bit more from getting our own but we are researching all we can ahead of time. We too have gone from one model to the other..... After all we are aiming for a 25FC ....... For so many reasons, one of them giving some space for our dogs as well (spoiled doggies). Good luck and enjoy your search.....
Old 10-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #162
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
I have been on several more trips since my last post. I will be doing my 20th run in a couple of weeks. This will be another first...a desert trip with a bunch of 4 wheelers. Which will require my propane driven yamaha generator to run the a/c and oven, if needed. Had the AS since Jan 2012. I'm still making payments, but they are low, and I am getting lots of enjoyment out of it. Glad I didn't wait until I had the cash (although I usually do that). I want to use all my remaining AS days. When I get too old to tow, I will still take imaginary trips in it in my backyard.

Count the costs, but don't put it off too long. You won't regret it.

My wife and I just returned from a 3 1/2 week trip covering 10 states and 4,000 miles in our 19' Bambi.... Not a single issue with anything. We've put 10,000 miles on it in 16 months, spending 94 nights in her. My only regret....is that we didn't buy one sooner! I'm pretty most AS owners feel that way. Our lives are definitely richer.

Mark,
"on the road again"
Old 10-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #163
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Rich and Mark,
I am longing for sure.

Thing is we moved about a year ago into a house that needed some cosmetic work to make it livable. That all went onto a credit card. So got to get that knocked off first.

Just need to get the financial ducks in a row first.

Both hitting 50 this year, so a long time away from taking 3 or 4 week trips. But I hear you. My log of places to go to gets longer every week. I remarked to the hubs yesterday that I could plan 2 week-long trips to take every year for the next 20 years right now.

Piggy Bank