Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Chino Hills , California
22 Sport Closet Ideas

Hello all,

I'm looking for some ideas to best utilise the closet area. We don't really need the clothes rod. Looking for more storage space for food and clothes that don't need to be hung up.
roadkill367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
We don’t own our 2015 22FB anymore but when we did, we had the closet configured like this.

I Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4277.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	301657Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4279.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	301658
twbucksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
this is what we did to our pantry and entrance area this summer

the unit is now in winter storage as its -30C outside here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entrace area-Left side.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	301720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entrace area-Right side.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	301721  

Name:	LED lights on the right shoe area showing how bright they are.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	301722   Click image for larger version

Name:	pantry shlef with LED strip lights.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	301723  

waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
2014 22' FB Sport
East Texas , Texas
Elfa Shelf in Closet

We also installed the (often used) Elfa unit in our Sport 22 closet. Funny, I thought I was being original when I thought of doing this...nope.

But, I did want to share how we secured the unit in in place. If you look closely, we used 3M Scotch Extreme Mounting Tape and a couple of sections of a wooden ruler. The green wood piece is actually 1/2 of the ruler (1/2 in front, 1/2 in the rear). Also, to keep the drawers from opening while towing, we use mini bungee cords (see pic). After about 5,000 miles last summer, it's still perfectly in place.

We also use a shoe organizer over the door that is fixed in place using bungee cord material screwed in using screw that holds the door handle on. This keeps it from flapping around. It's been a great setup. Pro tip: packing cubes in the Elfa (and everywhere else) to keep it workable.

I will also say that the door latch is not really adequate to keep the door closed during towing, especially if the shoe organizer is full of stuff (which it always is). So, when towing, I use a bungee cord attached to the TV wall mount looped through the door handle.

Love this little trailer!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5059.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	368740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5060.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	368741  

Name:	IMG_5058.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	368742   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5061.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	368743  

Name:	IMG_5057.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	368744  
Imustwander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
@Imustwander you dont need the bungee chords

just add a latch for the door to keep it from opening. then the door will stop the anything from falling out
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:21 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
2014 22' FB Sport
East Texas , Texas
@waninae39

I didn't want to change the latch on the door and had the bungees handy.

I really like the way you mounted the trash can near the door. Where to put the trash seems like a thorny issue for a lot of us.

I love the 3M command products. There are so many clever hooks and holders. I was really happy to find the 3M broom holders for my broom that I keepin the bathroom out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5069.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	368786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5070.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	368787  

Imustwander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
San Jose , CA
Broke my closet floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imustwander View Post
We also installed the (often used) Elfa unit in our Sport 22 closet. Funny, I thought I was being original when I thought of doing this...nope.

But, I did want to share how we secured the unit in in place. If you look closely, we used 3M Scotch Extreme Mounting Tape and a couple of sections of a wooden ruler. The green wood piece is actually 1/2 of the ruler (1/2 in front, 1/2 in the rear). Also, to keep the drawers from opening while towing, we use mini bungee cords (see pic). After about 5,000 miles last summer, it's still perfectly in place.

We also use a shoe organizer over the door that is fixed in place using bungee cord material screwed in using screw that holds the door handle on. This keeps it from flapping around. It's been a great setup. Pro tip: packing cubes in the Elfa (and everywhere else) to keep it workable.

I will also say that the door latch is not really adequate to keep the door closed during towing, especially if the shoe organizer is full of stuff (which it always is). So, when towing, I use a bungee cord attached to the TV wall mount looped through the door handle.

I have had this installed in my closet for about 9 months. Originally, I was having issues with it popping open the closet door and spilling the drawers and contents on the floor. Most recently, i notice that in broke one corner on the closet floor bracket. Who else has done this and what has been you experience.
Konakcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' International
Waynesville , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imustwander View Post

We did the same thing as IMUSTWANDER except our shelving unit has two tall shelves and one short. Works awesome!! Just got back from a three week Tetons/Yellowstone trip. Plenty of food for the two of us. Don’t forget the bungees!!! We failed to hook them up for one campsite shift.... food and shelves were all over the floor.
DAVSCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Margaritaville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill367 View Post
Hello all,

I'm looking for some ideas to best utilize the closet area. We don't really need the clothes rod. Looking for more storage space for food and clothes that don't need to be hung up.

Removed the rod and constructed two new slatted shelves from poplar. Left the OEM top shelf as is. Added clothing hooks and a shoe rack to the inside of the door. Removed the OEM light, and installed LED light strips under the shelves, controlled with an on/off switch installed where the original light was.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wardrobe shelves and shoe rack.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	382791  
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
Removed the rod and constructed two new slatted shelves from poplar. Left the OEM top shelf as is. Added clothing hooks and a shoe rack to the inside of the door. Removed the OEM light, and installed LED light strips under the shelves, controlled with an on/off switch installed where the original light was.
Nice work George! Can you provide some details on the LED strip light that you used?

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:51 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Margaritaville , Florida
Under-Shelf LED Lighting in Wardrobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_NB View Post
Nice work George! Can you provide some details on the LED strip light that you used?
Happy to...

I used rigid LED strips left over from a kit I bought for a liquor cabinet in the house. They came from Inspired LED. Here's a link to their product page with the rigid strips. In the kit I bought each strip is about 18" long.

https://www.inspiredled.com/product-...id-panel-kits/

There's a male barrel connector on each end of each strip, so they are daisy- chained in my install. I used rigid peel-and-stick plastic wire mold to secure the wire onto the side of the wardrobe. The wire from the bottom shelf is spliced onto the wire powering the original light. I added an in-line fuse holder as well.

The switch is installed where the OEM light used to be. It's JR Products #12225, identical to the other rocker switches in the trailer. Available from Amazon.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Oracle , AZ
thank you to everyone! it's great to have a streaming family for advice!
Photobill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #13
Furthur

2021 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Golden , Colorado
I used the "like-it smoke modular drawers" from the Container Store, and they worked great. One stack of the wider drawers and one stack of the narrower ones fit perfectly in the closet, with a little wiggle room on the sides to allow clearance from hinges, etc. We definitely had to be careful with packing, with heavier stuff in lower drawers, and in securing the door. We used velcro strips on the outside of the drawer, but a bungee system would work equally well. We passed them on to our friends who bought the trailer when we ordered a new FC25. Link:
https://www.containerstore.com/s/sto...uctId=10034766
WP53 is offline   Reply With Quote