Old 06-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
22 ft FB Sport questions

How long could two adults and a toddler realistically camp in this (2009 model) before tanks needed emptying/replenishing?

We are considering a purchase....

as77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
You are talking about a lot of if's here. Do you know how to conserve water? Do you have LED's? A generator? What time of year? How close to a water source? Were you ever a Boy Scout and wilderness camped?

Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member
No. Summer. Yes. Solar panel. Kind of princessy. Lol.
as77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master
2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
The real limiter is water. Taking showers we get about three days till the fresh is near empty and gray is pretty full. Cooking and dishwashing uses some too.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Looking at the specs of the 2014 Sport 22' the water tank is only 20 gal, and the gray water tank is 24 gal. They did not spec the black water tank size for some reason.

Trust me, 20 gal fresh water is not much and with 3 of you, it will not last long. Gray water is limited too but not as bad, being larger than the fresh water capacity. Of course you can haul more water in portable jugs, but that is just one more job to do.

One of the things I dislike most about my 20' FC is the small 23 gal fresh water tank, and I am single. I boondock mostly, so I use my tanks all the time.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
2014 22' FB Sport
Atlanta , Georgia
We've had our 22' Sport for a few months, done three trips. The size of the tanks was no consideration at all, before we bought it. Now that we've bought it and been out in it, it's a HUGE consideration. I wish I'd paid more attention. I haven't tried boondocking, but I can tell you that our first three/four day outing, with a water hook up, with no showers, and with not a whole hell of a lot of dishwashing or flushing toilets ... and we were in trouble on the end of day 2. So, my guess is that if you treat it like a big tent, you can probably get a little less than a week. I'm with others, though: more likely a long weekend, but even then you'll be limited in your usage.
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member
2010 22' Sport
Carver , Massachusetts
Depends on how conservative you can/want to be. We bought our 2010 in April 2010 and went to blackstone in Acadia in April. Turned out the bath house was down for renovations so no showers available, and it approached freezing on two nights so we used the heater a little bit... My daughter was 15 months at the time, still in diapers. Two adults showered every other day, arrived Saturday and left the following Sunday. All toilet use in the airstream, and our daughter bathed in the dish tub in water heated on the coleman stove. No intermediate dumps, one fill of freshwater, and two hours running the truck with jumper cables to the rv battery on Thursday and we made it. Just got back from a weekend trip, daughter is now 5 and her mother insists the two of them shower at camp so they can run water at will. With me being the only shower in the airstream but three people for all other living functions, and two batteries now on board, both nearing the end of their life, I find I can do five days with only a refill of fresh water. Biggest problem is a now five year old who is afraid of the dark and doesn't understand water conservation. She puts a couple gallons to they Grey tank each day brushing her teeth and quite a bit to the black every use. Only mods that will help extend the stay are LEDs all around, and an accumulator tank. There are my experiences, but your family and equipment will dictate your experiences.
etobolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member
2013 22' FB Sport
Wichita , Kansas
We have a 22' sport and a family of 3. Our son is 8. If the adults shower elsewhere and we use paper goods instead of real dishes, we can last a week.

tallen5 is offline   Reply With Quote