Old 04-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Portland , Texas
2019 Sport 22 Water Heater not working

Dometic G6A-8E

I need some advice:

Water heater not working, 2amp fuse was blown on circuit board. Replaced fuse and it blew the second one. Checked wiring, third fuse has not blown but now igniter is not working. Gas is flowing but no spark.

If I get this taken care of with dometic warranty at a dealer I have to take the trailer to the dealer and have them diagnose the problem. Then I have to pick up the trailer while they order parts directly from dometic then take the trailer back for the repair. That's two trips and time off of work.

My other option would be to order a new circuit board and do the repair myself. If that is indeed the problem.

I don't like either option. I shouldn't have this much of a headache on a trailer that is 8 months old.

Thanks for any input.

aacreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Suwanee , Georgia
I can't diagnose your problem for you, but my water heater would work on electrical power, but not ignite the propane when switched over. Based on what I've read in these forums the circuit board had failed. Also based on what I've read here I ordered a Dinosaur board and paid $130 for it rather than take the trailer to the dealer for another Dometic board under warranty.
That fixed my trailer. Your mileage may vary.

TV: 2017 Ford F250 Lariat w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro
AIRForums #126944 WBCCI #1297
Baby Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
many threads on this topic. please read them for full details

best to order a Dinosaur board and never speak to Dometic again. it can take a year or more to get a refund
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Portland , Texas
Thanks for the reply, I have read the other posts. So I guess Atwood is now Dometic.

I am thinking the dinosaur is my best option.

Just really upsets me to deal with this on such a new trailer.
aacreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:49 AM   #5
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacreek View Post
Dometic G6A-8E

I need some advice:

Water heater not working, 2amp fuse was blown on circuit board. Replaced fuse and it blew the second one. Checked wiring, third fuse has not blown but now igniter is not working. Gas is flowing but no spark.

If I get this taken care of with dometic warranty at a dealer I have to take the trailer to the dealer and have them diagnose the problem. Then I have to pick up the trailer while they order parts directly from dometic then take the trailer back for the repair. That's two trips and time off of work.

My other option would be to order a new circuit board and do the repair myself. If that is indeed the problem.

I don't like either option. I shouldn't have this much of a headache on a trailer that is 8 months old.

Thanks for any input.
Hi aacreek,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 04-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I had the same issue. Well known by the dealer. They overnighted me a replacement controller board to my camp-site and I fixed it in less than 5 minutes.
fubar201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
get a Dinosaur board and ask AS support to pay for it for warranty

this is what they look like

very EASY to replace it
in the 1st picture the old BAD board is on the <= left,
the new Dinosaur board is on the right =>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version