Old 06-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Where is the best place to order parts from? I would like to try getting the window levers, different screen and stuff to try out this conversion.

I emailed the local Airstream dealer and they said that the window can't be operated with only one arm. I wouldn't mind giving it a try though. Even if I can only really open it to the first position, that would be ok.

Thanks!

Jason

Old 06-17-2016, 08:39 AM   #16
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If you want to open the rear window, and use it as a regular window, you can order the screen assembly, a lift arm for the off-wall-side, and a lift support bracket. That way, a gust of wind shouldn't dislodge the piece of wood, and it looks less Rube Goldberg-esque.
Can you please provide a link where these items can be purchased?

WBCCI #6497

“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Miami Springs , Florida
We open it and use the wheel chocks to keep it open. Insert the narrow corner in the gutter of the window frame and let the window lie over the flat end. Never had a problem of the wind taking it appart...
Old 06-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #18
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguegaston View Post
Where is the best place to order parts from? I would like to try getting the window levers, different screen and stuff to try out this conversion.

I emailed the local Airstream dealer and they said that the window can't be operated with only one arm. I wouldn't mind giving it a try though. Even if I can only really open it to the first position, that would be ok.

Thanks!

Jason

I agree with you Jason, that's exactly what I intend to do with our back window. On the 20 footer, the bathroom wall is built over the right side of the window frame so I'm going to buy the parts and have someone router the left side of the frame and hopefully it will at least allow us to open and close the window similar to the rest of the windows in the trailer.
Good luck with your window
Old 06-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Question Parts for modifying the rear escape hatch to open from the inside for ventilation

I am also interested in doing this rear window upgrade and would like to order the lifting arm and parts to do this modification on my 2007 AS Bambi 19'. It appears that part of the window frame is buried under the bathroom exterior wall next to the corner bed. I wonder if there are screws under the paneling on the window frame? If anyone finds out where to order the parts and installation instructions, please post them. We need someone to post with experience in doing this modification.
Thanks,
Ken