Old 07-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghamr View Post
I was thinking about doing this, but didn't want to have 2 or 3 holes in the floor when I moved the pedestal back...how did you cover them?.
As painful as it was to drill an additional 6 holes, I did it. But the outcome was well worth it. I filled the holes with Liquid Nails, and then used a black felt tip marker to cover the Liquid Nails. Looks just like the factory floor covering.

[/QUOTE]Re blinds: I got a set of magnets from ACE that came with tape strips to put on the aluminum frame at the bottom of each window to hold the blinds down...the plastic clips wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

This sounds very interesting. Would you mind posting some photos? The photos seem to help me understand better.

[/QUOTE]Re bed: I posted a modification a few months back using a piano hinge & lifters under the mattress for easier access: Bed modification 5/3/15 Interior Restoration Forum.[/QUOTE]

I think you're the person that gave me the inspiration to make some changes but I cannot find your thread. Can you respond with a link to your thread and some photos?

Old 07-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
We have a 2012 FC that has been towed close to 12000 miles and spend 15 to 20 weeks a year living in it with mini blinds and they are not bent, the strings still work and the plastic rods are still doing their job.

Gary
Gary, we're pretty picky with our things ... unfortunately ... our two Jack Russell Terriers just don't find it important to respect the mini-blinds. Are they not Angels? LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buttons and Shali.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	242478  

Old 07-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Possibly Airstream uses better blinds?
The mini-blinds in our 2009 Forest River Wildwood 28RLSS were junk, but the whole trailer was junk.
I don't like the day/night shades, either. They are junky in our friends'1995 Allegro Bus and they are junky in our 2013 Airstream.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Ok, now I'm thinking we better reconsider the shades.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
I Invision Another Idea - Kitchen Storage

I've been studying the space above the fridge for a number of months. I believe this is a great opportunity and location to build in a low profile cabinet/drawer for addition kitchen storage. The measurements I took indicate there is plenty space for additional items to be packed into this wasted space when turned into a low profile cabinet/drawer. Has anyone done this yet? Or am I going to be the first to experiment? Woops just noticed I misspelled Envision.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	New Storage Idea 1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	242547  
Old 07-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2014 22' FB Sport
San Antonio , Texas
Just be aware that the rear of the shelf gets slightly warm from the fridge. Enough to make a loaf of bread sweat.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Background:
Newly purchased November 2015, was questioning if it was turning out to be the wrong model for our needs (having previously owned two 25 footers and one 32 footer) because:
1. the smaller footprint limits access through the galley area to 1 person at a time,
2. the table layout didn't allow for a sofa/lounge area,
3. the challenge to access that nice large storage space under the bed (get on your knees and stick you head up in there and pull everything out),
4. the dislike for the kitchen sink, and
5. the dislike for the mini-blinds.

Today I decided the things that were prompting us to question our purchase have easy "fixes", so it was time to start working on the solutions.

Upon arriving home from our weekend camping, we started to work on resolving items 1 and 2 which turned out to be a simple "fix" as follows:

1. Move the table base as close to the curb side dinette area as possible.
2. The factory places the table base 8 inches out into the galley area, away from the dinette seating (on the curb side), so by moving the table base as close to the curb side dinette as possible it:
a. freed up 8 inches of additional living space,
b. allowed the dinette to also become a sofa/lounge area,
c. allowed room for another person to walk though the galley area while another person is standing in the galley area.
3. Rotate the table 180 degrees where the table now slides from the curb side wall out to the walkway when needed to convert to the bed.

First photo shows the clip on the underneath side of the table which allows the table to slide back and forth sideways. Next couple photos show table in its original position which impedes the galley area, restricting space to 1 person only. Next few photos then depict after the table base is moved as far to the curbside as possible (approximately 8 inches). Last few photos show how moving the table base now allows us to convert the space into a sofa/lounge area as well. Last photo shows that with the table slide, we can still slide the table back toward the galley area and have the same side sleeping area that we had prior to moving the table base.

Hope this makes sense to anyone that is considering this easy modification. I think this modification may also work for 23 FB models.

The next solution "to come" will be a "fix" for item 3. There is another thread on here that someone created which will be the source of our efforts "to come."
Did you have to unbolt the base is my question? I'm pretty sure, but curious. Love the lounger look.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

I just reread and now understand you did move the base, what did you do about the factory holes after moving it. How big of holes does it leave? Is there anything under the floor that is a danger of drilling into?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #22

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Ok, now I'm thinking we better reconsider the shades.
I think the shades m.hony is talking about are different than the Oceanair ones you mentioned earlier. You're talking about the spring-loaded ones that roll up into a tube like you probably had on some of the windows in your Ocean Breeze once upon a time, right? People complain about those when they age, too, and they ain't cheap! Still, I think it's a better solution than mini-blinds in a trailer with curved walls.

SOLD! Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandT View Post
I just reread and now understand you did move the base, what did you do about the factory holes after moving it. How big of holes does it leave? Is there anything under the floor that is a danger of drilling into?
The factory holes that remain exposed are approximately the size of a 11/64 drill bit. I filled the holes with Liquid Nails and then touched them up with a black felt tip marker. The laminate flooring has black in it so it just blended in with the flooring (see attached photo of the laminate flooring). Next time we bring the Airstream home from storage I'll take a couple photos of the "after holes" with liquid nails and felt tip marker cover up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Measurements 4.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	242804  
Old 07-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
Just be aware that the rear of the shelf gets slightly warm from the fridge. Enough to make a loaf of bread sweat.

Thank you for telling me about this warming situation. I'll have to check that out next time we're camping and come up with a solution to allow ventilation.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

Did you butt up the base to the curb side dinette is my question
Old 07-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandT View Post
Did you butt up the base to the curb side dinette is my question
Correct, the circular base (upon which the table leg sits on) is butted up to and touching the dinette.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #27

2014 22' FB Sport
Bradenton , Florida
2014 22ft Sport FB-changes

We also have made some changes to our 2014 22' FB SPORT.

1. Starting at the hitch, a new 4500# Husky electric jack.

2. My wife also strongly disliked the sink so we replaced it with a new 18" round sink w/a new faucet. I also moved the storage bulkhead back and gained a couple cubic ft of storage under the sink.

3. While trying to watch TV in bed with the AC on(we live in Florida), we couldn't see the TV because of the plastic bulkhead and privacy curtain or hear because of the AC (loud). Both were removed and a second TV w/sound bar was added over the bed. With the curtain and bulkhead gone, the trailer seems much roomier. The galley bulkhead was replaced with a stronger version to mount the TV.

4. Lastly we added a new porch light.

5. Would anyone like to by a sink?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4500# HUSKY  JACK.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	243526   Click image for larger version

Name:	SINK AND FAUCET.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	243527  

Name:	MORE STORAGE RIGHT.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	243528   Click image for larger version

Name:	MORE STORAGE LEFT.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	243529  

Name:	NEW GALLEY BULKHEAD.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	243530   Click image for larger version

Name:	NEW TV SOUND BAR TRAVEL MODE.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	243531  

Name:	NEW TV SOUND BAR-VIEWING.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	243532   Click image for larger version

Name:	POWER-COAX CONNECTION.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	243533  

Name:	BULKHEAD & CURTAIN GONE.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	243534   Click image for larger version

Name:	NEW PORCH LIGHT.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	243536  

Old 07-21-2015, 08:07 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmercury49 View Post
We also have made some changes to our 2014 22' FB SPORT.
You are actually the inspiration to me to jump in and start making some changes. Now if I could only get brave enough to attempt the sink modification.