Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #181
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airlovr View Post
Can the "dog's launch pad" store items? Is it hollow or a solid piece? I'm looking for something similar to use as extra clothing storage. Placing it under the bed overhang in my 2014 Bambi sport '16.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
"the minibar"
The particular "dog launch pad" (ottoman) in that photo and Airstream didn't have an interior storage. The current "dog launch pad" (ottoman) that we have does have an interior storage. It's really useful for a variety of storage ideas. Check out Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshall's ... they usually have smaller ottomans with interior storage that are sized more appropriately for RV use.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:41 AM   #182
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
The particular "dog launch pad" (ottoman) in that photo and Airstream didn't have an interior storage. The current "dog launch pad" (ottoman) that we have does have an interior storage. It's really useful for a variety of storage ideas. Check out Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshall's ... they usually have smaller ottomans with interior storage that are sized more appropriately for RV use.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
"the minibar"
Airlovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:06 AM   #183
4 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
2015 22' Sport - We Made Some Changes

Did you remove the door to the under bed storage?
twbucksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #184
4 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
Piggy Bank,

We currently part time (arrive Thursday night and leave Monday morning) in our 22FB which is parked in an RV park with full hook ups. During the winter, when it gets close to or below freezing (15 degrees F, 7 degrees WC as I type this reply), we run the furnace for the plumbing so we have to leave that space open because the heater vent is located there. We have removed the door to the under bed storage and also run a small electric heater pointed at that opening to help keep the bed area warm and reduce the furnace run time.

All other times, we keep our small, rectangle shaped, Simple Human trash can there.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 AM   #185
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
twbucksr,

Good point. I was aware that anything there would need to allow for some airflow but bears repeating.

What I am rolling over in my imagination would be on some legs to allow for airflow underneath. Thinking about some type of small shelving unit that could store overflow food and add counterspace for prep and cleanup, and maybe be portable to also be taken outside as well.

Hmm

Or maybe I need clothing storage here and add pantry storage to the closet.

Decisions Decisions.

I have been looking at restaurant supply websites, Ikea, amazon, and pinterest. I figure that something may "come" to me the more I look.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #186
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
The small make-up mirror that is stock is OK, but we wanted to add more bathroom storage. The IKEA Gunnern is a locking medicine cabinet that installs easily. You will need to reuse the screws that were used to hang the previous mirror as the Gunnern does not come with screws.

I re-used an existing screw hole from the old mirror location and the bottom right mounting hole in the cabinet to locate where to place the cabinet. I then drilled small pilot holes and used the two remaining screws in the top two slots. I then removed the cabinet and applied silicone caulking to the wall to help hold the cabinet in place while travelling (probably not necessary, but I didn't want to just rely on the screws.)

The locking feature is used for keeping the door of the cabinet firmly closed while travelling, however the cabinet would be useful to lock away valuables or meds while camped too.

Attachment 269862

Attachment 269863

In the install photo you will see a hand towel ring that I purchased at Lowes. I used a short stainless steel screw and re-used one of the screw holes from the stock mirror for the top screw and drilled a pilot hole and another stainless steel screw in the bottom hole.

I purchased this cabinet yesterday. I want to put it on the wall that backs up to the closet, above the switches as I don't wasn't to give up the magnification mirror. How do I know if it's safe to hang it here?
babybeluga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #187
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
I installed one of those cabinets in my bathroom area up on the wall above the gauges. That is a double wall with wiring and pipes in-between the closet area and the bathroom. I used screws that were the same width as the supporting wall. I removed the gauge panel to look at the wall to figure out the thickness. It's been there for over 5 plus thousand miles and it's still there! Works well especially with the locking feature.

I used this location as I didn't wan't to lose the wall mounted mirror above the sink.
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #188
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpatrick16 View Post
I installed one of those cabinets in my bathroom area up on the wall above the gauges. That is a double wall with wiring and pipes in-between the closet area and the bathroom. I used screws that were the same width as the supporting wall. I removed the gauge panel to look at the wall to figure out the thickness. It's been there for over 5 plus thousand miles and it's still there! Works well especially with the locking feature.

I used this location as I didn't wan't to lose the wall mounted mirror above the sink.

Thank you for this information. Excited to get it up.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #189
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybeluga View Post
Thank you for this information. Excited to get it up.

Do you happen to remember the size screws you used? If I could purchase ahead of time it would help with hubby's procrastination.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:17 AM   #190
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Do you happen to remember the size screws you used? If I could purchase ahead of time it would help with hubby's procrastination.
I used 1/2" stainless steel screws. However, I put some silicone on the back of the cabinet and find that it does most of the holding and the screws don't need to be very long.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #191
4 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2020 25' International
Clinton , Land of Purple Mtn Majesty,Montana
Quote:
This reply may be coming late as I've just seen it. I believe the screws were 3/4" flat headed metal screws. They get a good bite on the cabinet holes and are holding it securely. Don't over tighten them....just snug them up.
Rpatrick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #192
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpatrick16 View Post

It sounds as if you used sheet-metal screws...which is fine, of course.
But another option is to install "rivnuts"... and utilize machine-screws for a more secure/permanent attachment.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #193
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
Thanks, my husband over ruled me and used 3/4". We hung it last weekend. I love it. Our trailer is in storage 15 minutes from our house. So he brought it home for the quick job. Well, I hope the cabinet is level because the trailer was not[emoji6]
Old 03-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #194
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
Since I am a little claustrophobic I get to sleep on the open side of our bunk (22 FB Sport). My husband is on the bulkhead. He s fine with it except he would like a place to put his glasses, phone etc. Does anyone have a system that works? I thought about a Command Hook with some kind of small basket or bag? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:03 AM   #195
4 Rivet Member

2015 22' FB Sport
2018 27' Flying Cloud
2021 30RB Classic
Currently Looking...
Fredericksburg , Texas
I saw a Command Strip held in place clear plastic tray/spice rack type gizmo in the store the other day. 2 different sizes. The larger one is big enough to hold those items.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:28 AM   #196
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
I find that the space between the mattress and the front wall is fine for stashing stuff. I sleep with my I pad and a water bottle with screw on lid there.

Your husband could get a hard sided glasses case and and try using a flat beer coozie for his phone and just stash them both next to the mattress by the front wall.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #197
2 Rivet Member

Bakersfield , California
Two good ideas. Love the forums!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:48 AM   #198
1 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Davis , California
22fb Sport Table modifications

We've just moved our table pedestal 8 inches towards the window, and so happy to have had this forum for the idea, and that it was so easy!

Now we are wondering, because only having one lock position is frustrating, has anyone figured out a way to secure the table in the various positions so it doesn't slide around too easily?

Also, if you see loose screws or other hardware like that laying around, be sure to investigate where they came from. On our last trip home, the side table and box below it between the bed and privacy panel/table area, broke away from the little wall and the trailer wall, taking the privacy panel with it, because the screws under the little side table and box with the USB wires in it had come loose. Fortunately no damage to any of the places it pulled away from, and we've re-anchored them more securely.
tjelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #199
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Mission , Texas
Stuff on the floor

Sure, stuff falls off. Some times we can't figure where it could have come from. Initially we had some popped off rivet heads and after a particularly rough road the table was on the floor! Yeah, same issue with the lock if the table is move toward the sink, it will move. Guess you could install a slide lock on that end, too.
ghamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #200
1 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Davis , California
securing the table in various positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjelson View Post
We've just moved our table pedestal 8 inches towards the window, and so happy to have had this forum for the idea, and that it was so easy!

Now we are wondering, because only having one lock position is frustrating, has anyone figured out a way to secure the table in the various positions so it doesn't slide around too easily?
Update: For now, what we are doing which actually works pretty well, is use wine corks, cut into a wedge shape, and slipping them underneath the table between the metal sliders and the table to keep the table where we'd like it while in camp.
tjelson is offline   Reply With Quote