I have made mention in some of my other post on this thread about adding a small 1000 watt inverter to run Cpaps x 2, and the tv while not connected to shore power.
Well, yesterday I finally got most of it done. I had already doubled my Grp 24 Interstate Batteries and I purposely chose a small "pure sign wave convert". This is the inverter that I installed:http://www.amazon.com/MicroSolar-100...ilpage_o01_s00
I installed an electrical box under the front portion of the FB base. I put the "wired remote" right next to it. Although the "dress up" wiring is yet to be cleaned up I actually used the inverter to power a Craftsman roterey saw to cut the holes for the electrical boxes. It worked perfectly as expected.
A 2nd box was installed behind the TV on the Sport 22FB. The back side of the wall were the TV is mounted is the closet so it wasn't hard to do that part. The challenge was getting the electrical wiring to the box.
Fortunately the microwave/convection oven is very easy to remove. It is not hard wired but actually plugs into a wall outlet behind the cabinet. With it removed, your at the midpoint between the FB and the closet area. I can tell you there is "no way" you could get this wired without pulling the microwave out. Anyway..back to my install. Using a "wire snake" I was able to push the end of the "snake" up behind the galley sink working from the air return in the gap between the bed and the galley cabinet. Then sticking my head into the opening where the microwave sets while using a flashlight i was able grab the end of the "snake", pull it over the furnace and into the area under the closet. Then taping the end of my wire to the "snake" and slowly pulling it back towards the front of the trailer.
There is a small metal cover mounted on the trailer wall and floor that hides other trailer cables and plumbing. i removed that cover and ran my wire to the inverter which will be fastened to the floor between the water heater and the front bulkhead that houses the entry point for the battery cables.
For material I bought a heavy duty extension cord with a power rating for the things I intended to power....25'. As it turns out it was just enough to make the cable runs to both electrical boxes.
It was a sunny day yesterday and the GoPower 120 watt solar panel was doing a great job keeping the batteries charged. During the clean up phase and while testing the tv/video (Paw Patrol....grandkids love it) I had most of the interior trailer lights on while running a small Urech vacuum cleaner. The system worked perfectly. I kept an eye on the battery voltage meter on the interior monitor . I started with 12.9 volts. After using the power saw and etc voltage dropped to 12.7. By the time I had finished vacuuming and runing the tv/video system the GoPower panels had not only kept up with the power demand but replenished the battery voltage to 13.1.
I'm in the process of installing gas struts to hold the bed up while accessing the storage. As soon as that is finished and the clean up complete I'll post some pics of the finished project.
Hope this report proves helpful others thinking of doing the same thing.