Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #41

2006 16' International CCD
Irvine , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hol & Lols
Hey Bubble. I recently got a Quicksilver too and I love it. Have you taken yours camping yet? Keep us posted on how it's working out.

Any comments so far???
We took out this past weekend to Malibu RV Park and it was GREAT! We had an ocean view with full hook ups, so no complaints here. I'm actually surprised we did so well, considering we pulled in at 9 p.m. and hooked up our Bubble with only the moonlight to shine on us. We've never owned a trailer so it was quite an experience but we were up and running in no time. I think we're going to head out again in a couple of weeks, possibly Carlsbad, but somewhere definitely local.

Right now we're trying to find a home for it, does anyone know of an indoor storage place in Orange County?
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

Los Osos , California
Anybody else love the 16 footers?

How many people out there have the Quicksilver or other 16ft. Bambis?
Just curious how many other people love the little ones and if there are any comments about having the smallest ones in the family.

Are there any groups or chats or ???

Hol & Lols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Ogden , Utah
We have a 16' CCD, and it is ideal for camping in the Forest Service Campgrounds we like to go to in Wyoming. About 80% of our camping is without hookups, and we spend most hours hiking or kayaking, or around the campfire. The little-est Airstream provides a comfortable spot to sleep or get out of a rainstorm, and cools our food and gives us an easy way to shower and stay civilized. With the small holding tanks, and there being 4 of us, we rely on the 'rest rooms' at the campground. So, our single holding tank is for us really a grey water tank.

When we stay at a campground with hookups, then we have it made, and can also run the air conditioner!

Have fun!
Bob
RDM16CCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

Los Osos , California
Yes it is great to have electric and be able to camp in luxury! And the cushy camper makes sleeping after a long day out really nice.

I have only camped in mine a couple of times so far and still haven't quite gotten the boondocking down. I also use the camp restrooms and showers when possible to conserve resources. But the battery seems to wear down pretty fast. How do you manage the power without hookups to make the most of it?
Hol & Lols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #45
1 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Mill Valley , California
Welcome to a new owner

I can relate to your neighborhood reaction. I can also predict that it will continue and grow as you move your twinkie around. I have a new 28 CCD and after 5 months it's still jaw-drop reactions when visitors see the interior. I was worried about beeing "too cool" or pretentious with my "fringe" friends, but they were all supportive and inspired by my dreams. As part of my decision to buy, I did a lot of research on Airstream and was impressed by the story. Now I am a first-rate salesman.

My former architecture office mates (I.m now successfully on my own) were blown away. When I took "Arabesque" (her name) to a week-long dance camp in the High Sierras, she became a central focal point and we gave regular evening tours after dinner.

Look in the WBCCI info for a Southern California Club, or you may want to start an informal one of your own.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-S@NCDC72sm.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	23562  
David Ludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Sun Valley , Idaho
Quicksilver in Sun Valley,Id.

We have put about 9,000 miles on our little Bambi since April. Our first trip was to Texas via Nev. Utah, Zion,NM. and on to Waco. Since then we have been to Steamboat, Co. a lot and a nice trip thru Wy. and Flaming Gorge
Utah. We will be leaving right after labor day for Glacier Nat'l Pk and into
Canada, Banff, Lk Louise, Jasper. We stay in forest service camps & ST. Pks.
We avoid R. V. Parks unless really stuck. We have never tried Wallys (Wall Mart) but there have been temptations in past years with our Rialta M.Homes. Y'all should look into a solar Panel. We are at our "camp" in Co. with no hook
ups for a week at a time and our batteries are 100% most of the time. Also
buy a small battery lantern (Wallys) for less than $10.00 for evening. We have
so many folks wanting to look in and they are so surprised at the room we have. Young kids always give a thumbs up with "Cool Traier". WE have had
very few problems but if we can help answer questions will be happy to help.
Warm Regards and Happy Trails, John & Betty
Bettymsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #47
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
What kind of solar panels do you have? Do you use a generator?

A week without hookups and a full battery seems great...
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
We have a 120 watt Kyocera solar panel. We are very pleased with it... bought it online from RV Solar Electric.... a great place to do business!
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #49
Hawkeyes & Harleys

Las Cruces , New Mexico
Hi to all, just found this site a few day ago. We purchased our 16' Quick Silver late July. A couple of shake down trips then a three week trip back to the Midwest, SD, CO and home - Las Cruces, NM. Also did a 8 day trip to NW New Mexico and AZ and plan a week or so to Big Bend Nat. Park and South Texas in early Jan. We have really enjoyed our "Little Potato" as a friend refers to it (does kind of look like a baked potato in foil). I try to use the camp ground facilities but the wife uses the lav. We have managed four days on electricty only with fresh water and black tank to spare (including showers - military style). One caution the movable arm on the front anwing mount can come dislodged and disappear along the road side (don't ask) since replaced. Dealer suggested wrapping both arms with heavy duty two sided hook and loop straps (avail at most camping stores). We were looking for something that did not devote a major area to the Kitchen as we don't do much cooking. Bought a small Microwave for heating leftovers and the fridge holds necessary items for sandwich makings and "Beer" !! The sound system is better then anything in our house and really makes DVDs and CDs come to life. A great little movable cabin or as our two Yorkies think of it as their "Casa de los Perros".
HOG-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #50
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
What kind/size microwave did you get and where do you store it?
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

Ogden , Utah
Our 16' CCD does not have room to permanently mount a microwave without extraordinary measure. We bought a .7 cubic foot unit. While underway it rides on the floor under the table, on a piece of foam to help isolate the shock. When camped, it sits on two pieces of 2 X 4, cut to length, so it fits over the cook top on the counter.

This arrangement works well for us - if we are dry camping and don't have hook ups, the microwave just stays home, and it we're at a campground with hook ups in can go along.

We also have a Honda generator (EU2000) that has enough output for this size of microwave. You have to balance the the output of the generator with the power needs of the oven, plus any other trailer electrical loads you plan to use at the same time.

This setup is not as convenient as you could have in a bigger trailer, but it works really well for us, and has lots of flexibility for different uses.

All of the major manufactures seem to have microwaves in the .7 cubic foot size
RDM16CCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:27 AM   #52
Craftsman

Try these two places for sheets. I think Dream world actually makes the sheets that Sheets USA sells so you may want to contact them first.These are the same people that provide Airstream with sheets. www.sheetsusa.com and DWD Home Page I recently bought fitted sheets for my 07 Classic with twins and they are very nice and fit well but not inexpensive.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #53
Hawkeyes & Harleys

Las Cruces , New Mexico
BamCamper, sorry I haven't been on the site for a few days. Like RDM we store the Micro under the front dinette on a small rug to protect the floor. It stays there unless we need to use it (wife sits on that side - street side) It was the smallest unit we could find in Wal-Mart (I'll never speak to you again if you tell anyone that I was IN Wal-Mart).
Old 12-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Fun in Wally World

Heh, Wally World can be FUN!

My wife and I visited one in Northern CA last year. She walked by this big Santa figure. It started dancing and singing Xmas songs (motion sensor?). It startled her. Then she started dancing with it and we all broke out into Feliz Navidad. Suddenly - REALLY - the Santa started singing in Spanish too!

WE ALL FREAKED! My wife was convinced that there was a person in there until the WalMart associate showed her the plug and lifted the jacket.

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #55
Hawkeyes & Harleys

Las Cruces , New Mexico
We just returned from a trip thru the middle of TX and LA to ended up in Vicksburg, MS. Great trip as the flowers, on the back roads, in TX were in full bloom. Not hard to see why the national flower of TX is the Bluebell - they are everywhere. I noticed when cleaning the rig upon return that the upper corners of the plastic covers for the front windows flexed as if coming loose. When I lifted the middle cover the reason was obvious - the rubber ring thingie (like used to hold screen in a door) was started at the bottom and in one piece molded around the window. At each corner, top AND bottom it left the corner untouched and just curved across the corner. I cut the rubber grommet (if that's what it is called) and using a plastic tool, home made, pushed the grommet into the grove on the side and the top/bottom. It made all the difference in the world in giving the corner stability. Upon futher inspection the two side covers had the same problem at the two corners by the front. Same solution as above. For what it's worth it appears that the factory saved some time by using one piece when assembling vs. cutting each corner. Probably not a big deal but a simple fix.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #56
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Whiips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG-I
We just returned from a trip thru the middle of TX and LA to ended up in Vicksburg, MS. Great trip as the flowers, on the back roads, in TX were in full bloom. Not hard to see why the national flower of TX is the Bluebell - they are everywhere.
The state flower of Texas is the BLUEBONNET, not the bluebell. What you saw were fields and roadsides full of bluebonnets.

We do have bluebells in Texas, but not as the state flower.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
For anyone still looking for a Quicksilver, I just saw one at the Airstream dealer in Burlington Vermont. Used once or twice apparently (sure looked like it).

Cheers
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' International
crescent city , California
Wink

Hi,

We just purchased our first Airstream-QuikSilver, found it on this site and the same thing happened at home with everyone wanting to see it-even at gas stations and in parking lots. We also fell asleep watching movies in the driveway. Just took our first camping trip-up to Champoeg on the Willamette River. Many people don't know that Airstream makes 16 footers. So far have figured everything out and I'm getting towing lessons-so far so good.
Catherine
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #59
4 Rivet Member

Salt Lake City , Utah
Welcome to the Quicksilver surfsup. You are going to love it.

Stan
Quicksilver in Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
Bandon , Oregon
Seven year with QS

It's hard to believe, but we are into our 7th year with our QuikSilver. A few glitches over that time, but a great experience. Just back from a 3000 mile jaunt. Blew a tire in Arizona. That was the only serious issue.

Does anyone know how to tell what number of QS production any of them are? We were told ours was #52' but I'm not sure.

Second... What have QS owners replaced their GYM tires with?

Third, we've gained lots of experience with the quirks of QS and Bambi's in general. Any questions and I'd be happy to help with answers.
Rapa Nui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006 bambi