Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
West Palm Beach , Florida
2005 Bambi Sewer Connection

While anxiously awaiting the new Bambi, we're busy trying to gather up all the peripherals we need. Does the new Bambi still require the Valterra T05-2285VP Thetford adapter to take advantage of the more common sewer fittings? I was also thinking of giving the sewer solution a try. I'm guessing I will need the adapter so that the sewer solution will fit? Anyone using the sewer solution with a newer unit?

Doing a google search for the Valterra T05-2285VP, I only come up with this forum and the Valterra website. Where's a good place to buy one of these?

Thanks.
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD QuadCab SRW Long Bed
Sir Wooferman Wellington, Cock-a-poo Watch Pup
DreamStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
As far as I know, the hose and every thing you need come with the Bambi. All you do is connect the hose to the fitting, dump, rinse and run.

Our Bambi and Safari are similar and we've needed nothing extra, other than gloves, bleach and such for protection in the dump stations (not everyone is as neat as some at dump stations).
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Silvertwinkie is right.

You should get a "complimentary" box of stuff when you pick up your trailer. It has, amoung other things, a ten foot lenghth of sewer hose some fittings, and even a few packages of black tank treatment stuff, a few rolls of TP. Your dealer should help you out on this one.

Also, in your collection, you should have an electrical adapter that goes from RV 30AMP to 20AMP (household style). Some campgrounds have 50, 30 and 20 amp service, but others just have 20amp. There is a whole shopping list of stuff you can find on this forum to set you up nicely.

As it has been recomended by others, it is always a good idea to have one or two extra lenghth of sewer hose, just in case 10' ain't long enough, or a hose develops a leak.

You must be excited!!!!

Best wishes.

Jonathan