Old 03-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2000 19' Bambi
MIDDLETOWN , RI
19'Bambi-no need for bathroom sink right?

Just picked up a 2000 19' Bambi a neighbor was selling. Hard not to notice only a few feet between kitchen and bath sinks. I have rented cabins in Maine that backed the kitchen to the bathroom and only had a kitchen sink. I'm planning on gently removing/storing the bathroom sink assembly and replacing with storage. Anyone else done anything like this?

GaryRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
I don't like washing my hands, face and teeth in the small kitchen sink, especially if there are still a few dishes in there. That said, the CCD designer versions of the 19' did without a bath sink, although it did have a larger, round kitchen sink.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Its not only about the sink...you have med cabinets and mirrors and lighting.
I felt our 19 had plenty of storage for 2 of us and the wife would thought I lost my mind if I removed the lav sink.
16s come with just one sink in think.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryRI View Post
. . .
Anyone else done anything like this?
I sink so!

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2000 19' Bambi
MIDDLETOWN , RI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinCal View Post
Its not only about the sink...you have med cabinets and mirrors and lighting.
I felt our 19 had plenty of storage for 2 of us and the wife would thought I lost my mind if I removed the lav sink.
16s come with just one sink in think.
I'm a widower, so I'm unsupervised, and will be using this unit mostly solo in Texas visiting daughters & grandchildren a couple months in mid winter.

I'll be glueing a small mirror above the kitchen sink & can sidestep a few feet to get anything I need.

"I don't like washing my hands, face and teeth in the small kitchen sink, especially if there are still a few dishes in there."

For something this small seems like a bad idea to leave dirty dishes around.
GaryRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
Make it what you need it to be!

While I don't have a 19' and haven't removed the sink, we do remove and replace most of the original seating and dining fixtures regularly. We travel in any of four interior configurations (original layout with dinette, one recliner plus couch, two recliners, no benches to max cargo space). We also have a removable youth bed that sits on a platform above the foot-end of the queen bed in the front of our trailer. Depending on who's traveling (we vary the number of dogs and grandkids), how long we are going (e.g.: coast to coast vs hurricane evacuation) and what we are hauling, we set up for the mission at hand.

I'd say, pull the sink if you want, remove the original stuff with care and save it to reinstall later and make it what you need it to be.
GammaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We have a 19’ and like having the vanity sink.

That said, do what you want to do. It’s your trailer!

Keep the pieces, though as you may want to restore it when you sell.
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Wet bath

We wish we had a wet bath in our 23D, which is like a 19 stretched @ the front. Would open up a lot of space.
LazyGray2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
East Woodstock , Connecticut
We own a 2015 19' International, honestly love the bathroom sink, very convenient for washing hands, shaving, brushing teeth etc. The storage is tight in a 19' but have found with careful packing and use of the TV storage that storage is fine. I have, however, considered removing the television, in three years we have never watched it. Our time is spent enjoying the local sites or relaxing outside enjoying the parks that we are visiting. Occasionally with good WiFi, we have streamed the evening news on an iPad. I would be interested in comments regarding the pros and cons of removing the television, I would be careful to maintain all hardware for future installation prior to selling.
stream19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
1976 31' Excella 500
Denver , Colorado
It depends if you're flying solo or if there are multiple people. If someone's doing stuff in the kitchen and you want to wash up after using the restroom, it can be a pain to only have one sink. Also, the sink and space are small in the first place, so it's nice to have two sinks if two people want to do their morning/evening routine at the same time. I actually built out our personal use 25 foot with THREE sinks (kitchen, toilet, dressing area). It's nice having the extra sink, and when not in use, it converts to a desk/table with a simple cover.
kidjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Colorado Springs , Colorado
David Winick thought the same thing in 2005

When David Winick designed the 75th Anniversary Custom Bambi in 2005, he thought the same thing. Two sinks in a tiny trailer are dumb. But he put in a big round kitchen sink, see https://vintagetrailering.com/75th-anniversary-bambi/. We have over 95,000 miles on our Winick #1 and have never missed the bathroom sink.

Bambi75 is offline   Reply With Quote