Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Willoughby , Ohio
04 VS 05 Bambi. What are the changes?

I'm shopping for our first trailer and am looking for a 19C. I see the forum is divided at the 04/05 year. Why? We're there major changes to the Bambi line in 05?

John
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
Ashland , Kentucky
Harv - The biggest changes were the extensive use of energy efficient LED lighting. Obviously, newer means just that, newer and in some cases more energy efficient appliances. I've also read somewhere that the aluminum has a different coating, not sure when that went into effect, but it's something to consider as well. Goo luck with your hunt, you'll love the 19' - just about the perfect weekender available.
Held together with the Husky Centerline Hitch
LongShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:29 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Willoughby , Ohio
Thanks so much for your reply. I was concerned that things like the holding tanks were different sizes.

I just missed out on a wonderful deal because I couldn't go see it in time.

The search continues.

John
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
Ashland , Kentucky
Harv - You can always go the the Airstream website and download a 'Manual' by year or if you want to review the promo material, go to the Document Archive. For what it's worth, my only concern with the 19 would be the fresh water tank for off-grid boon-docking. We were attending a match and ran out of water (showering) on day 5 (our last day). Obviously, you can carry/bring along 5 gallon gerry cans of water, but 28-30 gallons would be just about right IMO. Happy hunting.
Held together with the Husky Centerline Hitch
LongShot is offline   Reply With Quote