Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2004, 10:00 AM   #21
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEO
I live about 15 mi west of Boston. We joined the WBCI (not tied to a local) and hope to get to the homecomming rally next year. Unfortunately we just couldn't fit it into our personal schedule this year. It looks like it would be fun. I have been receiving info from the local group and may switch to local for next year or even try to get to a local rally. But that little annoyance called "work" keeps getting in the way of all the fun out there.......
Damn that "work"!!

Well...since you're in the neighborhood...instead of that loooongg drive to Ohio, you might consider a short drive to Saco ME next weekend (NewEngland unit rendezvous). Although, I don't know...it might be full, but I was given the impression that it isn't going to be a huge gathering. probably because the "big" rally is this weekend in Freeport.
see http://www.wbcci1.org/ne for details.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 01:35 PM   #22
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
25's rule!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
25' Safari's

I'd be interested in knowing if others are having a problem with the dead-bolt lock. We were having a problem with the 02 Bambi & now with the 25 the same problem. Also has anyone noticed that they have dropped the mid-bumper rail? I really miss it as I felt it dressed up the unit. A/S said it was dropped in the early 04 Spring. During our first outing last week-end, I discovered a flaw in the shower wall. Actually it was a chip in the fiberglas coating. It was the same excat thing that happen to our shower unit in the new house. I called the mfc today & they said ---no problem--- with the repair. They have repair people on the road doing repairs of this type & had just finished up in Minnesota, so it might be a couple of weeks for them to return. Said it was caused by air being trapped when they layer the fiberglas & not to worry about using it, before being repaired. That was the same message we were told on the unit with the house repair. I have to believe this is most likely the cause. Can't see where the repair was made. I do feel the over all QC on this unit is considerably better than the 02. The best upgrade is the BWF.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #24
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
AE,

I didn't have a problem with the lock in our '03 Bambi, but the '04 Safari's deadbolt was binding. I was able to all but eliminate it by taking the two screws on the inside out, and taking it apart (very carefully) and taking it away from the coach, coated all the parts liberally with white lithium grease from a spray can type dispenser. I put it all back together and it seems to have all but gotten rid of the problem so far. I did bind once or twice after I did what I indicated above, however it is not anywhere near what it was like. I just got back from a week long trip and locked and unlocked almost 50+ times throughout the week and had no binding at all so far.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:34 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Eric--I'm a little gun shy, if you know what I mean. One time with the Bambi, for a time we were locked inside. Couldn't for the life of me get that @%$@! door opened. That's when I discovered that I probably wouldn't fit thru that back escape window. It would have been quite a scene, towing the rig back to JC with me hanging out the back window.Talk about panic. Years ago I used to say " I'd die for an A/S. Thought I was close for a time. Several other times we were locked out until finally the lock figured it was time to work. We eventually of course, just quit using it. Wife wasn't to happy when going to bed at night ( course at my age, wellll), anyway now we're back with the same issuse, with the lock that is. Dealer said if I took it apart, then it's my problem, they are of course 150 miles away. Not sure at this stage which is harbors the most immediate danger---the wife or the dealer?. There are worst problems in the world, like not having an A/S.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #26
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
AE,

I was too...sent you a PM. If interested, I can walk you through it over the phone. Minus the screws there are only 3 very basic "caveman" type parts that make up the lock assembly....fairly low tech. The whole process takes about 20 minutes if you take it slow, otherwise, it can take about 10 minutes once you get the hang of it.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | Spare Tire »