Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #41
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Yardsale

Today Kern72 and I hit some of the yardsales. We spent most of our time at the Airstream campground talking to some of the people that live there. I loved it! I have never seen so many Airstreams in all my life! I didnt see any of the forum members but I did see their campers. I was really hoping to see Dacia and meet a few new ones. The Campground host did invite us up to a Rally weekend after next. I am planning on going. It looked like a wonderful place to live if anyone is interested in fulltiming in the mountains. She said the Maintenance fees were only 350.00 a yr because everyone worked together to keep the cost down. Hopefully I can talk John into retiring up there. FYI for anyone looking for an Argosy, I saw one on 127 for sale!! Has a good price on it! We chased an Excella from PA for about 15 miles but they never pulled over at any of the sales. We also saw a little one parked on the side of the road, had weird set of windows, it was from TX.
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
I hate it that we missed you!

We were gone all morning and didn't get back until around 1:30 or 2PM. We've been hanging out around the campground the rest of the day. Guess we picked the wrong time of day to be gone. I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet again.

About that Argosy, that wasn't just north of Pikeville, was it? We saw it on the way up and thought it was just folks camping out with their stuff for sale.

Your right Tammy, this is a lovely campground. Late this afternoon I hiked the Valley View Trail, about 3 miles round trip. Even the trails are well maintained. Unfortunately work gets in the way of that rally weekend for me.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Exclamation "hate having missed you"

Quote:
Your right Tammy, this is a lovely campground.
We agree, TCPC is a wonderful campground. Regret not having been there to meet our fellow Forum friends ( Ellen & I own lot 19 just across from the guest camp sites ). We spent the month of June there, and can't imagine a better place to be in June. We're back in hot and sultry Florida for July, but will be back at TCPC around the 11th, or 12th of august. Except for a couple of weeks traveling, we expect to be there for most of Aug. and Sept. ( hurricane season in Fl. ), and would like to meet any and all Forum friends who may be visiting TCPC. Please stop by and say hellow.

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by denellen
We agree, TCPC is a wonderful campground. Regret not having been there to meet our fellow Forum friends ( Ellen & I own lot 19 just across from the guest camp sites ). We spent the month of June there, and can't imagine a better place to be in June. We're back in hot and sultry Florida for July, but will be back at TCPC around the 11th, or 12th of august. Except for a couple of weeks traveling, we expect to be there for most of Aug. and Sept. ( hurricane season in Fl. ), and would like to meet any and all Forum friends who may be visiting TCPC. Please stop by and say hellow.
I completely understand about the hurricanes first hand. And TCPC is a great place to ride out the Florida storms. We will definitely be coming back up there again and maybe we'll catch you between travels.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #45
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Hi Dennis and Ellen, are you going to be there for the Rally? I plan on attending it. The host told us we could come even if we werent members. I have been looking at a couple of the lots that are for sale. I would like to look at them in person.
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote