Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Is this a good time to have this rally?
Yes, we love to camp on Easter weekend 2 100.00%
OK date, but I/we can't make it in 2012 0 0%
Stay away from Easter. I/we have other obligations. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Question Williamsburg VA Rally Easter 2012

This is to gauge interest in having a rally Easter weekend 2012 (April 6-9) near Williamsburg Virginia and the "Historic Triangle" of Yorktown, Williamsburg, and Jamestown.

This time of year should be OK weather wise for the area. I am trying to find, though, if planning a rally on Easter weekend is a bad idea. We've traveled to the area in the past during this time of year and it's been wonderful.

The campground would most likely be the Newport News Park (Newport News Park: Newport News Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism - Virginia). Site prices are very reasonable given the amenities. The park usually has many open sites at this time of year.

Please vote. If there is enough response then I will put an entry on the rally calendar.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
That's a great time of year for this area. Let's see if this can happen.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
It looks like we will be at the Newport News City Campground during this week of April 6-9. Rather than rushing the trip like we usually do, I think we're going shorten the drive intervals and stop overnight on the way down and back up to Ohio. I think that we should be there at least April 2-6. The kids have off of school on Monday April 9, but I don't have off of work, so we'll probably pull out on Saturday for home.

Based on the response here, I'm not going to set up a rally per se, but if anyone would like to come and join us, please post here. I will be trying to reserve a site near the big playground so that means site 97 or things in the near vicinity in C-loop.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Just in case anyone is following this thread...

Another rally that we planned to attend got bumped-ahead to the weekend of April 5-7. So, we are going to move our Williamsburg trip ahead slightly. We plan on arriving at the campground late on March 31 and we will pull out on either April 4 or 5 depending on weather, if we've seen everything we want to see, or if there's other Airstreams around!

Tags
williamsburg rally easter