Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2008, 04:16 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Palm Bay , Florida
We'll be there

Startrekker2001 and Mrs Trekker will be there. We signed up in Feb. Since we will be spending the summer at Saratoga RV Park, just a few miles north on Rte 50, it was just too handy to pass up. The trailer is all polished and ready to go.

Looking forward to seeing friends, old and new.

Is there going to be an open house? Need to know so's I'll have my Sunday-go-to-meetin' jeans with me.

Vic and Josie Smith
www.facebook.com/FloridaStateRally
WBCCI Florida Unit 027 Trustee
https://www.airstream-adventures.com/...rida_Unit.html
WBCCI #6782
31' 78 Airstream Excella 500
2001 Ford Excursion V-10
Reese hitch and dual cam sway control
startrekker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Vic...great news! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Want a walk down nostalgia lane?
Check out my profile picture!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
We will be there

Melissa and I will be there!!!
We will be leaving Richmond on Monday July 7th. We are visiting some of our Airstream Friends in New Hope PA for a couple of days and then on to Saratoga Springs!!
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Palm Bay , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Vic...great news! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Want a walk down nostalgia lane?
Check out my profile picture!
Yukionna,
Ah, yes ... I remember it well. Neat pic.

Vic
www.facebook.com/FloridaStateRally
WBCCI Florida Unit 027 Trustee
https://www.airstream-adventures.com/...rida_Unit.html
WBCCI #6782
31' 78 Airstream Excella 500
2001 Ford Excursion V-10
Reese hitch and dual cam sway control
startrekker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #45
Vintage Trailer Supply
Commercial Member

1956 22' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Montpelier , Vermont
Smile Vintage Trailer Jam - All Brands Welcome

Hi 2air',

To answer your question about what brands are invited...

All vintage RVs are welcome. I'm sure Airstreams will be there by the dozens, but we're expecting many other brands from the 1940s forward.

In fact, we're parking up to 20 non-vintage rigs on site, if they want to come and learn more about the how/why of vintage trailer life.

I look forward to seeing many of you in Saratoga Springs this July!

Steve
WBCCI #1573
VintageRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
I'm going!!!!

I'm signed up, and had wondered why I didn't see anything about it on the New England site. I think it sounds like a great deal, and as far as I'm concerned, with Steve & Colin and Rich there, the opportunities to learn about and "talk" vintage trailers will be amazing.

I'm heading to the area anyway as my 16 year-old daughter will be in a huge soccer tournament about twenty minutes away in Clifton Park. There will be some great soccer to watch if anyone is interested.

I'm just glad to have a meeting of vintage trailers in the "Northeast". I love to show off my trailer and see others, but I can't afford to travel to the mid west or further.

I'm looking forward to having fun. I'm just hoping that the soccer games don't conflict with all the action at the "jam"!!!! I'll make sure that Bob brings his harmonica. Gail
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #47
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktrailer
I'm signed up, and had wondered why I didn't see anything about it on the New England site.
Cuz its not a wbcci/neu event. Although, I don't think there's any law against putting a non-wbcci event up there. But generally, the calendar only lists club stuff.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #48
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I'm signed up!! This should be a fun event.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 AM   #49
Vintage Trailer Supply
Commercial Member

1956 22' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Montpelier , Vermont
Smile I was just there yesterday

It really will be a fun event. My family was driving back home to Vermont yesterday and we stopped at the site to walk around and let my daughter get out and stretch. My wife, Michele, who is not as in to trailers as the rest of us thought it was a fantastic site. The grounds of the park are truly beautiful. It's more like a beautiful college campus feel than it is a campground. The historic buildings are worth coming for, alone. The public swimming pool is even historic. Also, right next to our campground, there's one of the best springs in the park.

Definitely bring your bikes! The grounds are pretty flat and tree-lined, and there are really nice trails and roads to bike on.

Finally, keep in mind that Saratoga Springs is a historic town with tons of fantastic restaurants, coffee shops and even a gelateria!

With all there is to do, it might be hard to get people to attend the seminars we're putting together!

I'm attaching a photo of the historic Spring Water Bottling Plant which is now a very nice auto museum. The facility is our classroom building during the Jam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0425.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	306.6 KB
ID:	61071  
WBCCI #1573
VintageRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #50
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62
If they serve PIE at this JAM I promise to stop complaining about the burnt flesh dinner offerings!
Gary, If you come, and if you make not mention of burnt flesh. I will bake you any pie of your choosing in my vintage stove, using vintage pie plates and freshest of ingredients. what Pie do you choose?
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
pie? did someone say pie?

62'
OK, peach pie it is. I'll bring the vanilla ice cream.

On the carne controvery we have it covered. Turns out one of the sponsors is vegetarian and there will be that option. Thank You Steve!

Does this mean on site pie making and delivery or Fed Ex from Maryland to Saratoga Springs?

We have our reservations. Arriving Thursday....can't wait.

I still think 2Airs PIE RALLY is a great idea.
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:04 AM   #52
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
We are strongly leaning toward going.... Peach pie it is, from scratch, baked fresh in the Anna's oven. If you want to, just get cream, I could bring my ice cream maker and some salt, make it vintage style too.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:33 AM   #53
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
South Weymouth , Massachusetts
Vintage Trailer Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I haven't seen anyone post about this rally yet.

Vintage Trailer Jam 08
July 11-14, 2008
Saratoga Spa State Park, Saratoga Springs NY

Airstream Life » Vintage Trailer Jam 2008

Sponsored by Airstream Life, Vintage Trailer Supply and GSM
Hello
We have a 64 Overlander that we just spent the last year restoring. We were fornuate enough to be able to get a seasonal waterfront site for the summer. We would love to come to the Jam to check it out but want to leave the "baby " at home since we just got her settled.Can we still come and tour around and chat with other airstream owners and bring our photos?
anniescc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
We are strongly leaning toward going.... Peach pie it is, from scratch, baked fresh in the Anna's oven. If you want to, just get cream, I could bring my ice cream maker and some salt, make it vintage style too.
Good News Frank, we can compare all of the best features of the best year for Airstreams.
But leave the pie plates and ice cream maker home because we will be too busy keeping up with all the planned events and local attractions. And running your oven in July might not be the best idea without an air conditioner.
I will hold you to the pie offer at the Fall Pie Bake off Rally TBA at a future date!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:55 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniescc
Hello
We have a 64 Overlander that we just spent the last year restoring. We were fornuate enough to be able to get a seasonal waterfront site for the summer. We would love to come to the Jam to check it out but want to leave the "baby " at home since we just got her settled.Can we still come and tour around and chat with other airstream owners and bring our photos?
There is a walk in fee for those attending seminars and Sat. night dinner. Look over the web site details at Vintage Trailer Supply - Vintage travel trailer parts and supplies! I think it is $25.00
See you there.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 AM   #56
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Dade City , Florida
We are signed up and looking forward to the rally in Saratoga. We have a 69 Globetrotter and just getting started so plan to learn a lot and meet interesting people. We have visited this area before and there are lots of attractions. The Hill Cumorah Festival is nearby the following week-end. While we are not Mormons, we found this quite interesting, informative and were very welcome. Also, the Finger Lakes and Wine Region is relatively close by as is Lake Placid. Further North, Alex Bay and the Thousand Islands is a great stop. Hope to see you in Saratoga.
dbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #57
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62
Good News Frank, we can compare all of the best features of the best year for Airstreams.
But leave the pie plates and ice cream maker home because we will be too busy keeping up with all the planned events and local attractions. And running your oven in July might not be the best idea without an air conditioner.
I will hold you to the pie offer at the Fall Pie Bake off Rally TBA at a future date!
If we come, I bake pie... Two pies for that is all my oven will hold. So are there any full hook up site left?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #58
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
So are there any full hook up site left?
On-site camping includes:
  • 3 amp electric (for recharging only; no AC appliances, please)
  • water for filling tanks
  • two pump-outs (Friday and Sunday)*
  • trash drop-off
*Please plan ahead for limited pump-outs and consider your holding tank capacities. Two portable toilets will be available on site. Showers and additional toilets are available at the Victoria Pool (a public swimming pool in the park) within walking distance. Victoria Pool charges $6 per person per day.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #59
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
I am on site now (actually courtesy parked a few miles away) and checking out the facilities in preparation for the rally. I am seriously impressed -- this is a beautiful park, which makes sense because it is all leftovers of handsome "Gilded Age" resorts.

The Auto Museum is directly across the street, a couple hundred feet from where we'll be camped. Everyone attending the rally or paying the "walk in" fee for the rally ($45 first person, $30 additional persons) gets free unlimited admission.

The SPAC (Performing Arts Center) is a short walk away. There are multi-use trails for cycling and walking, and dozens of acres of open green lawns for picnicking and hanging out. There are two major spas on site, plus a luxury hotel, plus the Victoria Pool, beautiful and free clay tennis courts (nobody was playing today despite perfect weather), and more.

About a mile away is the racetrack, and about the same distance is downtown Saratoga. The downtown is very nice, with tons of preserved architecture, great shopping, dozens of restaurants and cafe, free wifi everywhere, another park, museums, etc. It is a really fun place and worth a couple of days by itself. We just came from browsing the bookstores and having a chai in the cafe.

Right next to our campsite is a free filling station for spring water. Bring a few jugs! It's delicious. There's more, but I'm out of time for now .. .more later!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #60
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Geocaching anyone?

Another activity option is geocaching. I noticed there are 80 geocaches hidden in a 10 mile radius around Saratoga Springs. I will be looking to add a few "found its" to my list!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote