Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #127
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks for the pictures all. Wish we had been close enough to drive on over and meet everyone, hopefully another time. How is it that you are getting those great overhead pictures? What tours did people make? Lou did you see any Amish quilts?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #128
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
The overhead pics were taken from the top of the huge grandstand that faced the race track. The historic section of Wooster has many, many large old homes that have been restored to original glory. We also spent a day driving around the heart of Amish country. Overall agreat experience.

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #129
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Classic
Masontown , West Virginia
Ohio TAC Rally

What a wonderful time we had at the recent Ohio Rally. Being our first one as an Airstream owner, we are "hooked" and look forward to attending many more. Unfortunately, we can't make the "Birthday Bash" due to a previously scheduled family commitment.

It was great meeting those in attendance and receiving a warm welcome.

We would like to say a special thank you to Hank, Kathy, Jason and Andrea for their work in making it an enjoyable event for all -- delicious food!!.

The Wooster location is ideal in every respect....great camping spot and lots of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Hope it will become an annual event!!

Trust everyone had a safe and uneventful trip home.

Until the next time....

Bill and Dorothy Reeves
2016 F250 6.2L
TAC # WV-2
MountaineerStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #130
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
Chris and I would like to add our thanks to all for the great weekend in Wooster. Special thanks go to Andrea, Jason, Kathy, and Hank for doing such a remarkable job organizing everything and making sure we all had a good time, which we most certainly did! It was terrific meeting such wonderful folks, and we look forward to seeing everyone again at some point. Not sure yet about the Birthday Bash - we would like to come - but it depends on Chris' available leave time and the price of gas. Ugh! We only get about 11 or 12 mpg towing with our Sequoia. BTW, we SO enjoyed our "tour" of the Amish country on Saturday. And we were happy to have located the Wooster Starbucks as well!

Ann Sue and Chris Riddick
WBCCI #2515
TAC #VA-9
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #131
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Sorry I did not get to the rally, I lost a wheel 3/4 mile from the fairgrounds. Talk about a 'shake down' trip. This was the first time my safari was on the road in over 30 years. I will try for the one in Ohio. Thanks to all the people who worked to put the rally on. Keep the sunny side up, the dirty side down, your wheels between the ditches and the smokies off your britches.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #132
LJH
Rivet Master

1985 27' Sovereign
Defiance , Ohio
Sorry we could not be there. I work almost every weekend, such is life. Glad you all had a grand time. Hope to join in soon. Love that Lunium!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Saw your Airstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperman33 View Post
Sorry I did not get to the rally, I lost a wheel 3/4 mile from the fairgrounds. Talk about a 'shake down' trip. This was the first time my safari was on the road in over 30 years. I will try for the one in Ohio. Thanks to all the people who worked to put the rally on. Keep the sunny side up, the dirty side down, your wheels between the ditches and the smokies off your britches.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0118.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	126723 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0119.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	126724

As we left the rally to tour Amish Country sat morning. We saw your Airstream on the roll-back. You guys where gone. I came to find out you did stop by the rally. Sorry we missed you.

Ace in Pa

PA TAC-1
Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #134
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We wanted to say how much we enjoyed meeting everyone at the Ohio Rally. Had a great time at the Airstream open house and have some upgrade ideas. It was fun talking to everyone around the campfire as well as the community breakfasts and dinners. A special thanks go to the volunteers who helped. Lots of people asked to pitch in and work and each one of you deserve a "thank you" from me. This is what camping is all about.

Kathy and Hank
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #135
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I stopped down at the fairgrounds to turn over the checks for camping fees today.

There are no fixed plans at this time, but I did just happen to reserve April 20-22, 2012 for TAC at the Wooster Fairgrounds. It's only in the book in pencil, but it's there.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #136
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
super

That sounds great! We had a good time and it seems like April is perfect for the season opener! We will put it on the calendar. Thanks, Jason!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #137
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
Thank you everyone. Tim and I stopped by before heading home with his trailer. He had some work done over the winter at P and S Trailer and we were just to close to not stop by. Everyone was great and the meals were fantastic, Thank you. I think I have all the trailers between these two pics, if not I guess Ill have to come back and try it again. I hope to see all of you again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3430.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	126946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3431.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	126947  

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #138
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
Let us add our "Thank You's" for a great rally. We are going to pencil in next April for a repeat. We stopped at Jackson Center and had the full size patio awning installed on the port side. It turned out great, and both awnings are rigged out now keeping us cool. As I type, we are in our favorite campground in Loxahatchee, Fl taking a few days to unwind before heading home. Next biggee should be Alumapaloza. Hope to see ya'll there.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #139
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Thanks to Ace in Pa. for the pictures of our AS on the rollback. We did not get any, too broken-hearted and mad. I just got all the new parts and peices, now to get it back together. Thanks, and always keep the sunny side up, the dirty side down, your wheels between the ditches, and the smokies off your bitches. Also keep all your wheels on.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #140
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Richland , Michigan
We just returned home from a trip to W.Virginia - our destination following the rally - which was beautiful, but during which our rear ceiling vent got stuck in the "up" position, and several mysterious screws showed up on the floor, quite unrelated to the ceiling vent, so once again, this truly was a "shake-down" cruise. The vent is going to the dealer for fixing in the next few days, and the screws have been tucked away for the day when something falls off and tells us that's where they belong, so now I have time for this message related to the Ohio TAC Rally.

I'd like to add our thanks to that of everyone else who has already chimed in, for the GREAT job of organization and preparation by Andrea, Jason, Kathy, and Hank. This was our first experience with an AS rally, though we've just begun our 4th season of travel in our Safari. The rally was so enjoyable! - like scout camp for adults....and kids...and dogs.....except with better food and better accommodations . I particularly enjoyed the tour of the campers and the conversations with so many of the folks in attendance who shared little hints and experiences. We surely hope to run into all you folks again, either while traveling or at another rally someday.

Tags
ohio, rally, tac