Old 10-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Stone Mountain Park Rally, April 18-21

Looks like a good gathering Kristi. Last year at the TAC Stone Mountain rally the crowd enjoyed the vintage Shasta Trailers so I see no reason why we should not have some other brands mixed in with the majority of airstream trailers and motorhomes. There are spots available so reservations can be made. Lets fill up those premium RV rally slots around the meadow!! Hate to see any spots lost to the giant motor coaches attending the Family Motor Coach Association rally going on at the same time as the Airstream rally.

AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Site 164 was just reserved by the pink Shasta.My vintage Avion is in site 159. The Airstream Motorhome is reserved again also. Would anyone else like to share what trailer is on what site?

Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Foster
Site 164 was just reserved by the pink Shasta.My vintage Avion is in site 159. The Airstream Motorhome is reserved again also. Would anyone else like to share what trailer is on what site?
Great to see three spots taken! The Airstream village at Stone Mountain is beginning to take life.
AIR #34494

Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
We are hoping to attend - kristi, we were sure sorry to miss mcckiinney. It was full.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Some ideas for Stone Mountain, that we did at McKinney, are lawn games.
We played paddle ball, on the beach, in a circle, trying to keep the ball in the air as long as possible. One of the Shasta couples brought a Corn Hole Game. I had never played it before, but was a natural at it and was Crowned the Corn Hole Game Queen! If everyone brings along some of their yard games, we could have some fun over in the grassy area in the center of the loop.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #34

1974 31' Excella 500
ooltewah , Tennessee
Hello,

My name is Oliver and this is my first post on airforum. I am almost finished with the restoration of our AS.
We just booked site 163 for our first rally experience and we will bring our 1974 excella 500.
We read all about the picnics but do you have any other advise for us newbies?

We are very excited for April to come,
See you there.

Oliver
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-708422889.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	574.2 KB
ID:	171657  
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Welcome to what is to become an Airstream village in the super nice rally sites at Stone Mountain Park. You will have a wonderful time. The campground staff are the nicest and most helpful of any campground we have ever visited. Come prepared for a great time.
AIR #34494

Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
If possible, by preparing at home and freezing whatever covered dish item you plan on for Saturday's Pot-Luck will then allow you more time to enjoy the campground. Many campers use crockpots for cooking and serving food at the Pot-Luck too. Bring your own disposable paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins, and bottled water to the socials. Last year, the schedule of events was placed in the arrival packet that you receive upon registration at the office. Vouchers for the shuttle to the Laser Show, The Boat Tour, and the Park entrance windshield sticker were also in there. Knowing the time, place, and what to bring, will help a Newbie enjoy the Rally and what Stone Mountain Park has to offer the most. Just join in, don't be shy, and have a great time.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Hint: If you want to do the Duck Boat sign up early as it fills very quickly.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Good reminder, to get free admission into the park when you arrive, make a sign that says, AIRSTREAM RALLY, place it or tape it to the lower windshield, drivers side. The folks at the entry gate should also have a list of rally registrations. Sign up for the Duck Boat rides when you pull in and register. The duck boat operation is an independent contractor and is separate from the attraction pass. For the Thursday evening Germain dinner in Stone Mt Village, we will meet at the pavilion and carpool over like last year. Rally logistics will be covered at the Friday evening social. Remember, there will be live music at the Friday social so please stick around and give the band a hand.
AIR #34494

Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
We spent last weekend camping in a more rustic section of Stone Mountain Park Campground. Our site was large, beautiful, overlooking the lake, but unlevel. Our vintage refrigerator quit working on gas and electric, but luckly I remembered reading a post on the Forum about that happening. Once we leveled out the trailer as much as possible the refrigerator started working again. Always check the Forum before panicing!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0059.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	617.5 KB
ID:	171889   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0061.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	171890  

Old 11-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #40
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
thats funny Kristi, we have had the same exact thing happen when we were out west a few years ago, fridge wouldn't work and I remembered reading on forum about being out of level, got it level and no problem.
We will see you in april at stone mountain, might pull the new old camper up there, we traded and wheeled and dealed and now have a 1952 royal spartantte, she a real beauty and a big ole girl of 33'
see you there roy and Debbie
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
Good to hear from you.

Roy.
It is great to hear from you. I hope you are feeling better. I was a bit worried when I heard of your need to cancel the Falluminum trip. Looking forward to being a neighbor to that new beauty. Can't wait.

Jon

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
So far the attendance looks like we will be having a variety of vintage trailers at Stone Mountain. Let's fill up the loop with Airstreams and vintage trailers, before they give our sites to the huge motorhomes.There is nothing worse than being next to a Motorhome while they are moving their slide outs into place! I know it is early, but let's get some more reservations made.