Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreamers View Post
If anyone is brave enough to try I could bring a kareoke machine with some 50's, 60's, 70's music etc. I'll bring it just in case someone has the guts.

I have Direct Tv not sure if local channel will be available I will try. I'll bring the setup.

This is going to be a ball, I know it!

I am sure there will be plenty to do!
How about "It's going to be a BLAST!"

My kareoke would run off everyone - could possibly even delay a launch.

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #122
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
No musical talent here, will look for our kazoo for frankandsue. I have a holey game but that would be limited to 2 or 4 for pairs, anybody else have one.
If the launch is broadcast on local tv, so should the game anyone local enough to know.
Launch to us is the greater draw, they have a game every year and tivo can record it.
Hey Dave you are normally correct on the Super Bowl thing but as you see we are next to New Orleans and our Saints, plus Farve is a hometown boy, and Payton..... so this year is a little different for us. Normally I wouldn't even care but there is a lot of trash talk going on around here and on FaceBook that I have to defend We'll see what happens this weekend. Bring the holey game thing! I guess I better go look for something to bring.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #123
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Funkill - We have to cancel; just cannot get out of time due a project that is going off-schedule. We'll keep an eye out for a shuttle sighting. Not the same, though.

If anyone is sitting on the fence, here is a spot for you...

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #124
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore View Post
Funkill - We have to cancel; .........

Pat
Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing you guys

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #125
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
My holey game predates the bean bag corn hole game, but same principal, large washers aiming for 3 holes at distance.

Channel 6 is Orlando and the antenna is 25 miles from cg, all should be able to get with roof top antenna.

Hopefully weather will cooperate and we can use our bicycles, we love Floridas flatland, makes it easy to pedal
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #126
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Amended Membership Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 View Post
I will try to call PAFB tomorrow and see if I can verify this.
Well I called Patrick AIr Force Base and spoke with a Public Affairs officer. There is nothing special about the base and yes all retired & current military with ID's are admitted. So if anyone else meets the criteria below they can get theit own membership with a guest card.

All Current & Retired NASA/KSC/Patrick Air Force Base (PAFB), military, civil, contract employees - YES YES YES

All RETIRED Military - YES YES YES

All Current Military - YES YES YES

All RETIRED Civil Service /Federal Employees - NO NO NO

Now for my own situation, I want to know if membership applications can be processed via mail or email. There's probably no way would I get my retiree to the campground in person.

Have fun and remember to bring ear plugs for the launch so you don't miss out on the Karaoke singers...

Carol
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #127
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
So looking forward to meeting everyone and going to our first rally and seeing all the silver and other AS Moho's too. One last question and I am gone. Do they sell out of state fishing licenses at the store on site? Frank may want to bring some gear for fishing.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #128
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Merritt Island

I dont get to interested in superbowls or karaoke, but I do get excited about wildlife refuges. There is a great one with tremendous birding opportunities. I will probably go a couple days if anyone else is interested.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandsue View Post
So looking forward to meeting everyone and going to our first rally and seeing all the silver and other AS Moho's too. One last question and I am gone. Do they sell out of state fishing licenses at the store on site? Frank may want to bring some gear for fishing.

I'll see what I can find. Walmart is closeby and they do sell them if all else fails.

Oh- oh-oh,,,, I have washers - and they're already pained blue/red for that game but I never got around to making the boards. Oh well - I'll still bring my cornhole and ladder golf. We'll have a few choices - though kareoke will be the most fun to WATCH.

Laura
Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #130
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Florida makes it real easy to take your money for a fishing license. You can get one online or by calling a toll free number. Just decide between salt and fresh water. They also have current regulations and species limits on the web site.

FWC - Fishing in Florida - Freshwater and Saltwater Information

Dial toll-free, 888-FISH-FLORIDA (347-4356) from anywhere in the United States or Canada. (A $3.25 + 2.5% surcharge of total sale per person will be added to your purchase.)

Carol
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #131
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
Count on us for Merritt Island explorations!
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #132
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Kayak tour

I gave these guys a call to inquire about a group/custom tour in case anyone is interested .... I've had their business card on my fridge for about 6 months - looks like they have some pretty interesting tours - including night and launch ones!
Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge Canaveral National Seashore Moonlight Fishing Kayak Tours Instruction Rental

Carol - thanks again for the info on membership. I didn't understand why it was such a *gray* issue - full of smoke & mirrors.

Pat & Page - sorry you won't be able to make it. If it all goes well, I'll try to sponsor another launch rally. I filled your spot with halimer as they somehow got removed from the RSVP list. And so did I

Laura
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #133
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDandTTs View Post
Count on us for Merritt Island explorations!
I just looked at your link to your woodturning. Frank is a turner too. He does bowls from wood that fell during Katrina. This is great. You'll have to bring some of your pieces! Your pieces are beautiful, never seen anything like it.

Laura, don't think you will need an agenda with all the great things to do and people with varying interests and the shared interest that is bringing us all together-the Launch!!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #134
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Tampa , Florida
We'd love to join you!

The Bandits would love to join you for the night space shuttle launch. I understand that it's first come...Do we need to do anything other than show up? Thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #135
3 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Tampa , Florida
Hi again from the "Bandits";We have planned to caravan to the cape with Mark and Debbie for the shuttle launch; We thought that we were on the definite list but are now only on the maybe list. Hope we can join you!
Irene and Jerry
Old 01-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #136
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
I just looked at your link to your woodturning. Frank is a turner too. He does bowls from wood that fell during Katrina. This is great. You'll have to bring some of your pieces! Your pieces are beautiful, never seen anything like it.

Laura, don't think you will need an agenda with all the great things to do and people with varying interests and the shared interest that is bringing us all together-the Launch!!
Sue,

I agree, these bowls are beautiful and very unique. Learning to operate a lathe, and making some beautiful wooden bowls, is on my to do list. Wish I could be there.

Carol
Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #137
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
We are interested as well to see some woodturnings. I am, by all stretch of the imagination an amateur, a want to be really good at it. I would be greatful to get some professional opinions on some of the pieces I have done.

I have also gone to the woodturning website, WOW!

Bill
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #138
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
FrankandSue, I'll have a few pieces with me and look forward to meeting you. We'll have to promise, however, to keep the shop-talk under control.

We're looking forward to the rally -- lots of Airstreams, people from many places and backgrounds, and a really good seat for the launch!
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #139
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Pat & Page - sorry you won't be able to make it. If it all goes well, I'll try to sponsor another launch rally. I filled your spot with halimer as they somehow got removed from the RSVP list. And so did I

Laura
Laura, we're so sorry to miss this. And very impressed at your organizational skill and bravery to take the plunge and set it all up.

See you on the road.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #140
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Atlas launch

It appears that the Atlas launch that had been scheduled for Feb 3rd, has been moved to Feb 9th.

NASA - NASA's Shuttle and Rocket Launch Schedule

Lyle & Margie
BAB BMRZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, space coast