Old 01-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #113
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Isn't it fun being anal? NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandsue View Post
Thanks Laura, from one anal retentive person to another. Hey isn't that Super Bowl Weedend, who is bringing the 60 inch screen?
I didn't hear this until after I'd made my post to sponsor this event otherwise, I may have reconsidered. I was wondering if anyone would have a dish/satellite to watch the game. If so, I can bring my 36"????

If anyone wants, there's two sports-type bars/restaurants (Shuttles/Dug-Out and KDI, Kings Duck Inn - not chains) within a couple miles of KARS that we could probably catch the game. That's about all within 5 miles - few more spots south of SR-528.

I'm trying to figure out some type of agenda .... if anyone shows up Thursday, we could go to one of these sports places. Or maybe do that on Friday night and do a pot-luck on Sat and/or Sun? I don't expect the immediate area to be overly-busy for launch on Friday since there's no other close-by campgrounds or hotels for tourists/visitors. By Saturday night it might be another story...

Oh - and a really nice memorbilia shop is just north of KARS on SR-3: Space Shirts. Owned by shuttle employees!

Feel free to make suggestions for a *casual/optional* agenda.

Laura

Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #114
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Pickin & Grinin

Anyone in the group play a musical instrument? I have been pulling chords and lyrics for some space related songs from the internet to play on the guitar. With enough fermented beverage I am sure everyone can sing.

Larry

Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Being my first rally not sure how much of an agenda you need. I know the game is not on our direct tv but we should be able to get it on the antenna but don't have a very large tv. Sports bar sounds fun but hubby found out in his thirties he is alergic to fermented beverages, it makes him break out in a fight! however I am not opposed to partaking. Also might be bringing the grandson but definately make your plans around the majority we are easy and are really go with the flow types. People would come and go to events as they wish I guess. Perhaps I can find a kazoo but no musical talent in this crowd. Also, since we are not members how do we get in. will they have us as your guests at the store where we check in on Friday?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
No musical talent here, will look for our kazoo for frankandsue. I have a holey game but that would be limited to 2 or 4 for pairs, anybody else have one.
If the launch is broadcast on local tv, so should the game anyone local enough to know.
Launch to us is the greater draw, they have a game every year and tivo can record it.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #117
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
The 2010 Super Bowl - Super Bowl 44 (XLIV) - will be played on Sunday, February 7, 2010 - at Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Florida.

It will be broadcast on CBS, which lists the start time as 6:30 p.m.

Orlando channel 6.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #118
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandsue View Post
Being my first rally not sure how much of an agenda you need. I know the game is not on our direct tv but we should be able to get it on the antenna but don't have a very large tv. Sports bar sounds fun but hubby found out in his thirties he is alergic to fermented beverages, it makes him break out in a fight! however I am not opposed to partaking. Also might be bringing the grandson but definately make your plans around the majority we are easy and are really go with the flow types. People would come and go to events as they wish I guess. Perhaps I can find a kazoo but no musical talent in this crowd. Also, since we are not members how do we get in. will they have us as your guests at the store where we check in on Friday?

I will provide a list of guests to the folks inside the Country Store on Friday morning. The website says gate opens at 8:15. Hummmmmm

When you come into the park, there is a Guard Shack at the boat basin/launch ramp. Sometimes a guard is in there, sometimes he's tooling around the park in his truck. Watch to see if he is on duty and, if he approaches your car - shut your windows, lock your doors and get out of there! Just kidding. Roll down your window and tell him that your a guest and he'll direct you to register at the Country Store. The store is about 100 yards beyond - right next to the south camping area that I propose we try to commandeer. So, look over your left shoulder for the shiny astro-van wanna-bees! Parking near the store is limited, so just pull off where you can and walk to the Country Store. I'll be watching for you all! Closer to the launch, I'll make sure you all have my contact info.

Laura
Old 01-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
No musical talent here, will look for our kazoo for frankandsue. I have a holey game but that would be limited to 2 or 4 for pairs, anybody else have one.
If the launch is broadcast on local tv, so should the game anyone local enough to know.
Launch to us is the greater draw, they have a game every year and tivo can record it.

Holey game - as in Corn-Hole? If so, I have one! Not pretty, but functional. Also, not regulation size, but travel size (2'x3') Hope no one comes out with their tape measurer and rule book! I beg to differ with others who believe the corn/bean bags are of differing weights too.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1985 25' Sovereign
Venice/Nokomis , Florida
If anyone is brave enough to try I could bring a kareoke machine with some 50's, 60's, 70's music etc. I'll bring it just in case someone has the guts.

I have Direct Tv not sure if local channel will be available I will try. I'll bring the setup.

This is going to be a ball, I know it!

I am sure there will be plenty to do!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreamers View Post
If anyone is brave enough to try I could bring a kareoke machine with some 50's, 60's, 70's music etc. I'll bring it just in case someone has the guts.

I have Direct Tv not sure if local channel will be available I will try. I'll bring the setup.

This is going to be a ball, I know it!

I am sure there will be plenty to do!
How about "It's going to be a BLAST!"

My kareoke would run off everyone - could possibly even delay a launch.

Laura
Old 01-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #122
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Hey Dave you are normally correct on the Super Bowl thing but as you see we are next to New Orleans and our Saints, plus Farve is a hometown boy, and Payton..... so this year is a little different for us. Normally I wouldn't even care but there is a lot of trash talk going on around here and on FaceBook that I have to defend We'll see what happens this weekend. Bring the holey game thing! I guess I better go look for something to bring.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #123
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Funkill - We have to cancel; just cannot get out of time due a project that is going off-schedule. We'll keep an eye out for a shuttle sighting. Not the same, though.

If anyone is sitting on the fence, here is a spot for you...

Pat
Old 01-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #124
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore View Post
Funkill - We have to cancel; .........

Pat
Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing you guys

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #125
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
My holey game predates the bean bag corn hole game, but same principal, large washers aiming for 3 holes at distance.

Channel 6 is Orlando and the antenna is 25 miles from cg, all should be able to get with roof top antenna.

Hopefully weather will cooperate and we can use our bicycles, we love Floridas flatland, makes it easy to pedal
Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #126
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Amended Membership Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 View Post
I will try to call PAFB tomorrow and see if I can verify this.
Well I called Patrick AIr Force Base and spoke with a Public Affairs officer. There is nothing special about the base and yes all retired & current military with ID's are admitted. So if anyone else meets the criteria below they can get theit own membership with a guest card.

All Current & Retired NASA/KSC/Patrick Air Force Base (PAFB), military, civil, contract employees - YES YES YES

All RETIRED Military - YES YES YES

All Current Military - YES YES YES

All RETIRED Civil Service /Federal Employees - NO NO NO

Now for my own situation, I want to know if membership applications can be processed via mail or email. There's probably no way would I get my retiree to the campground in person.

Have fun and remember to bring ear plugs for the launch so you don't miss out on the Karaoke singers...

Carol

Tags
rally, space coast