Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #161
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown overseer lurking in the mod room behind da 1way mirror... View Post
yadda, yadda, zipadee doo dah...
well, the 'edit' time is closer to approximately exactly...

30 minutes

and there are many occasions where adminz have quickly deleted personal contact info from posts...

WAY before the poster knew about it.

i've seen this done many times for noobs/low count posters...

however, everything else s'leeper has posted is correct...

including the double secret reverse ignore feature.

mister bluebird's on my shoulder
it's the truth, it's actual
ev'rything is satisfactual
zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
wonderful feeling, wonderful day, yes sir!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #162
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandsue View Post
Don't get the ignore thing but the people who posted their info can edit their posts can't they and then go through a PM (private message) to Laura.

Also, moderator can you remove their emails, etc. I am sure Laura got them, she watches the posts closely.

Sure did! Missing a few though - and am reallying hoping to get everyone in.

Anyone interested in a raffle? Now that the list has grown, I don't think I can get a pack of memento's for everyone --- raffle for something neat, space related, might help???? I dunno - let me know your thoughts - got the idea off another rally discussion. Maybe no-one needs more *stuff* anyway - memories alone are probably best when travelin!

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #163
_

. , .
raffels are ok, but the problem is gathering trinkets, then GATHERING the catsINstreams to sit while stuff is passed out.

more fun is a pot luck door prize raffle and here's how that works.

everyone brings something tacky (5$ limit) wrapped in plain brown paper (or aluminum foil)

for a gig like this the theme might be outerspace stuff vs the a/s stuff done at a lotta gatherings...

then the raffle is carried out and the tacky stuff is passed out, but NOT opened.

folks are then given 10 minutes to try TRADING their swag 2 some1 else for their swag...

THEN every1 opens the packages...

now every1 had got to KEEP the swag until the NEXT RALLY, then REgift it...

that way a person only has to keep the rocket shaped vibrator temporarily...

this gig has enough going on and YOU 'kill have enough to do that i'd just skip the swag passing 4 another time.

otoh it's YOUR gig 'kill so do what U like!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #164
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ

I think I get it - but don't want to emabark on it - No Raffles !!!

Laura
Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #165
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
It's Official!

Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:02:35 PM CST

The Flight Readiness Review taking place at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida has concluded. The poll has been taken and all systems are "go for launch."

Liftoff of space shuttle Endeavour’s STS-130 mission to the International Space Station to deliver the Tranquility node and its attached cupola has been scheduled for 4:39 a.m. EST Feb. 7.

A news conference will be held at 4 p.m. and will be shown live on NASA TV and NASA - NASA TV.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #166
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post

I think I get it - but don't want to emabark on it - No Raffles !!!

Laura

Oh shucks. For a raffle like that I might have signed up without the grandson. Based upon 2air's discription it would have been the perfect opportunity to get rid of some "Space Junk", i.e. junk taking up space!

Carol
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #167
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Greg N Send a message via Yahoo to Greg N
If I did anything against the RULES... Then I sincerly apologize to whomever or whatever...

I do take great offense to being refered to as u people/noobs/low poster or any other derogatory reference that smacks of the one making these inferances as being superior to me...

Greg
Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #168
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg N Cindy View Post
If I did anything against the RULES... Then I sincerly apologize to whomever or whatever...

I do take great offense to being refered to as u people/noobs/low poster or any other derogatory reference that smacks of the one making these inferances as being superior to me...

Greg
Reread, I think you will see 2air was only concerned with security, and from past history his knowledge of who generally posts thinking all is good
just because you are posting with a nice group. Try a google search of your phone number or name, you might be surprised to see info about you that you never intended for the world to see, I know I did.
Rules are what you make them, how much you want to give up in privacy is your decision.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #169
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Correct it is my decision...I have a Motorhome listed on Trader.com the ad has my E-mail address both home and cel number too thats what you do if ya want to sell your RV...I completely understand what you get when googling phone numbers...So you tell me whats the diff?????

Heres my rub if you got something to say to me do it in a pm like a man dont blast me in a public forum and expect me to jus roll over it aint gonna happen... I'm 60 years old and 2airs never been my age I've been his...My Daddys been dead 18 years and dont need another one...
Old 01-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #170
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
And another trhing if someone wants to victomize someone why look for a name and number off some obscure thread on a forum not many know about in the first place...Jus pick up a white page directory... Paranoia aint my game...
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #171
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
I am so glad that NASA (knowing that the Air Forums "Airstreamers" are coming) finally decided not to hold us in suspense anymore and DO IT ALREADY! I think we are too excited to hear any other news. Jan and I are already doing our own countdown to the RALLY!! Our Airdreamer is ready and waiting!

Quote:
A news conference will be held at 4 p.m. and will be shown live on NASA TV and NASA - NASA TV.
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #172
_

. , .
from post #154...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2air' View Post
i would suggest that u folks send names/email/phone, via PMs or OFF the forum via email to 'kill only...

posting personal contact info INTO threads is a sure way to get spammed or scammed on the web.
"u folks" is a general reference to any1 who needs to send personal contact info for the rally.

there is nothing derogatory in the actual words as written

and nothing suggesting superiority of any 1 member relative to another, there is NOTHING even close 2 this either.

in fact that entire post is addressed to the COMMUNITY...

not any one member and with the express goal of reminding folks to handle personal info carefully ...

sort of like suggesting to see the rally sign up page or see the o.p. for details and so on...

think of it as a PSA and nothing more.

from post #161...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2air' View Post
...i've seen this done many times for noobs/low count posters...
THIS post is directed SPECIFICALLY to s'leeper.

it is a REPLY to his previous post/s where we are playing (JOKING) with each other in the exchange.

and no pm was sent 2ne1 here because NOTHING in either of those posts is directed toward ne 1 member...

noobs=newer members
newer members=posters with LOWER post counts or who recently joined...
posters with LOWER post counts=low count posters

these are phrases COMMON to the web and will continue to be seen in posts...

there is no "u-people" reference in EITHER of those notes, NONE...

didn't that rich guy from texas get in trouble for the phrase 'you people'...

ya know that guy with the BIG EARS (maybe that's the connection here, big ears)...

please adjust your dial NOW...

back to solid rocket fuel, boosters and celestial events...

real or imagined.

cheers
2air'

Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #173
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
i would suggest that u folks send names/email/phone, via PMs or OFF the forum via email to 'kill only...

posting personal contact info INTO threads is a sure way to get spammed or scammed on the web.

(((in fact u should ask a mod to edit that stuff OUT of the posts asap)))

normally the mods will catch this and remove email info/addresses/phone#s, but they aren't watching this thread...

cheers
2air'
I try not to post too much personal info directly in threads. On the other hand, I tell wayyyyyy to much in person - and have gotten myself into a few pickles because of it.

Today I was looking for some satellite shots of KARS Park using Google Images. I was super surprised to see my own photo's show up - from Photobucket! I need to see what kind of security settings I have set up on that. Don't want anyone seeing me out-n-about and making the connection ... what connection you ask? If I tell you, I'd have to kill you!

Laura
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #174
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Possible Delay of STS-130

I hate to post this but .... there has been a *water incident* at the Space Center that might cause a potential delay in launch. In the Launch Control Complex, LCC, a large diameter pipe that is part of the fire protection/sprinkler system *blew*. Vast amounts of water flooded the complex and have shut down work in that facility. The Firing Rooms are located in the LCC!!! Right now, all consoles in the firing rooms are powered down. So, this will delay any pre-launch testing at the Pad for Endeavour. I have no idea how much *flex* time they build into the that processing schedule - so I don't know what the potential delay might be.

I'll keep ya'll posted on the situation.

The Rally is still ON - and I will still be supporting the Feb 5-8 planned dates at KARS.

Laura
Old 01-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #175
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
I hate to post this but .... there has been a *water incident* at the Space Center that might cause a potential delay in launch............................................ ................................
The Rally is still ON - and I will still be supporting the Feb 5-8 planned dates at KARS.

Laura
Is there any potential for KARS members who are staying on past the 8th in case of a delay sponsoring folks who are willing to hang on a few more days? I am guessing this may end up being my one shot at seeing a launch so I want to get my name in the pot for any chance at extending if circumstances allow.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #176
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
Is there any potential for KARS members who are staying on past the 8th in case of a delay sponsoring folks who are willing to hang on a few more days? I am guessing this may end up being my one shot at seeing a launch so I want to get my name in the pot for any chance at extending if circumstances allow.
I do not know if there will be a delay - just that the LCC being flooded seems to be a pretty sorry situation.

Once we get there, we can talk about how/if the rally can be extended. Unfortunately, the single other KARS members that initially contacted me hasn't replied to my PMs.

I am uncertain of my personal schedule -- that WORK thing is a real PITA sometimes. My spring break trip just got extinguished due to a schedule change here. But, if STS-130 is delayed by a week or more, that trip will be back on. One of those "be careful what you ask for" times!

Laura
Old 01-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #177
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Laura you are much closer to the action but this is a hopeful sign. We will still be there and know there is always a chance of a delay. We still plan to spend Saturady at the visitors center if possible. Since it is Super Bowl Weekend and getting close to Mardi Gras I will make some Jupiter Jambalaya and bring a Krypton King Cake. We were planning to stay Sunday night too, is that ok?

Flood At NASA's Kennedy Space Center: Endeavour Launch Unaffected

Share:
by Yuliya Talmazan | January 29, 2010 at 12:38 pm
10 views | 0 Recommendations | add comment
NASA has been in the news a lot lately with some very bizarre headlines in 2010. First, trace amounts of cocaine were found in a restricted area of Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Than, shuttle Discovery was put up for sale for $28 million. Now, a flooding at the Kennedy Space Center is bringing the focus on NASA again. It was reported earlier today that a busted fire suppression system pipe has flooded the firing rooms and a stairwell close to the launch control center during a routine test on Thursday night. NASA is saying the flooding will not affect the launch of the space shuttle Endeavour, which is is set for February 7, 2010.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #178
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Here is another

60K Gallons Of Water Flood NASA

Incident Not Expected To Delay Feb. 7 Space Shuttle Launch

POSTED: Friday, January 29, 2010
UPDATED: 3:16 pm EST January 29, 2010

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- A fire suppression system pipe burst at Kennedy Space Center late Thursday, showering the Launch Control Center and parts of the Vehicle Assembly Building with an estimated 60,000 gallons of water.

A damage assessment is under way Friday morning in Firing Room 4 of the LCC, but the planned Feb. 7 launch of shuttle Endeavour is not expected to be delayed. NASA and contractor engineers will conduct the launch countdown from that Firing Room.
"They are still assessing damage but right now it doesn't appear as if it will delay launch," KSC spokesman Allard Beutel told Local 6 News partner Florida Today.
Some launch control consoles in the Firing Room got wet, but it appears the damage was done mostly to carpets and ceiling tiles, Beutel said.
The external tank and solid rocket boosters for STS-131 in March were not damaged, Beutel said. The hardware is stacked in High Bay No. 1 or the Vehicle Assembly Building, awaiting the arrival next month of the orbiter Discovery. Discovery is scheduled to launch March 18 on an International Space Station assembly-and-outfitting mission.
The incident occurred about 8:30 p.m. Thursday during a routine test of the fire suppression system in the connected complexes. Several floors of the Launch Control Center were flooded. Stairways, lobbies and hallways appear to have suffered the most damage.
The Launch Control Center is closed to all but essential personnel as the damage assessment continues.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #179
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Laura you are much closer to the action but this is a hopeful sign. We will still be there and know there is always a chance of a delay. We still plan to spend Saturady at the visitors center if possible. Since it is Super Bowl Weekend and getting close to Mardi Gras I will make some Jupiter Jambalaya and bring a Krypton King Cake. We were planning to stay Sunday night too, is that ok?

Flood At NASA's Kennedy Space Center: Endeavour Launch Unaffected

Share:
by Yuliya Talmazan | January 29, 2010 at 12:38 pm
10 views | 0 Recommendations | add comment
NASA has been in the news a lot lately with some very bizarre headlines in 2010. First, trace amounts of cocaine were found in a restricted area of Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Than, shuttle Discovery was put up for sale for $28 million. Now, a flooding at the Kennedy Space Center is bringing the focus on NASA again. It was reported earlier today that a busted fire suppression system pipe has flooded the firing rooms and a stairwell close to the launch control center during a routine test on Thursday night. NASA is saying the flooding will not affect the launch of the space shuttle Endeavour, which is is set for February 7, 2010.
Sunday is good ---- I dunno why I put check out on Sunday ... whtat the crap was I thinking????? I expected everyone to stay until monday - I even took the day off work!

Another mass email to correct??? I'm starting to scare myself.

Laura
Old 01-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #180
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Sunday is good ---- I dunno why I put check out on Sunday ... whtat the crap was I thinking????? I expected everyone to stay until monday - I even took the day off work!

Another mass email to correct??? I'm starting to scare myself.

Laura
I didnt catch that, I am planing on staying too.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, space coast