Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
goggles, tin foil 4 hats, binoculars, nasa leggings, champagne...

yep we're covered.

hey 'kill we trust ya to figure out something that will work.

are the 'group areas' perhaps different looking than normal sites?

Nope - all in a field with individual power/water hookups. The sights aren't too close together so, if we're in a pinch, we could probably double up to squeeze a few more in!

for example in some state parks "group" camping is a large flat area, loosely marked...

with only a few spigots and outlets to be shared by the group...

even that could work, daisy chain the water and juice as needed.

many of us carry gensets and most trailers can be 'self contained' for a weekend like this.

how about a nasa themed meal...

i'll bring tang and fruit in a tube...

do they drink martinis in outta space...

or cosmos?

Cosmo's for sure. Sounds like a cool idea: Feast of the Space Odyseey!

cheers
2air'
Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltlevel510 View Post
Airdreamers,

Caravaning to Canaveral is on! Your dates are fine with me. We will probably have to wait until closer to launch time to make arrangements since launch dates and times seem to change. Hope you are having a great time at Royal Coachman. We stayed there four winters ago and had a good time.

Larry
Larry,

What do you think about leaving on FRIDAY instead of Saturday, sounds like space may be a a premium the later we go? Reading between the lines of Laura. Maybe we could help with the setting up our area??!!

Bill
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #63
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
OK just saw this and Frank and I would love to be there. Would plan to arrive on Friday and leave Monday. Hope there is still room.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #64
4 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hobe Sound , Florida
Launch

Funkill,
Will you let us know for sure if there is room. Will definetly attend knowing we can get in. Sounds like great fun!
Thanks
raveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Shuttle Rally

Bill,

We can leave on Friday no problem. Would be more than happy to help with the set up.

Larry
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
A trailer load from Arkansas is in, if there is room.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveson View Post
Funkill,
Will you let us know for sure if there is room. Will definetly attend knowing we can get in. Sounds like great fun!
Thanks

I'm not sure how to know, in advance, how much room will be available. They do NOT take reservations. I can plan to visit the park a few days before launch (say, Tuesday), see what is available and report back here or privately. I can give you my cell number to verify as well.

Anyone with another idea, just shout!

As suggested to me, I will figure out how to put this rally on the link for signing up and may just try to limit it to a particular amount of trailers.... then go via waiting list.

Laura
Old 01-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Laura,
I have never done this either so hope you can get it on a sign up link. I looked at the park link and does talk about only 10 guests per pass, not 10 rigs. I see you said it should not be a problem but have you discussed with them what looks to be a growing group of airstream space cadets out here wanting to be part of this and most non-gov. Not sure if you have a count but this could get big. I know they don't take reservations but even if you set up a sign up link will they take all of us? since it is growing, can you discuss the whole thing with them to get their thoughts and let us know.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandsue View Post
Laura,
I have never done this either so hope you can get it on a sign up link. I looked at the park link and does talk about only 10 guests per pass, not 10 rigs. I see you said it should not be a problem but have you discussed with them what looks to be a growing group of airstream space cadets out here wanting to be part of this and most non-gov. Not sure if you have a count but this could get big. I know they don't take reservations but even if you set up a sign up link will they take all of us? since it is growing, can you discuss the whole thing with them to get their thoughts and let us know.

I made another call to the person who approved the Group reservation (with guests @ #30). She assured me that they will accommodate everyone that can fit! I pressedd her about the 10guest rule and she was emphatic that it would not be a problem. She restated that it is "first come, first serve". She also said that she has not received any other Group Camping requests for that date. She agreed that it would not be wise for them to turn away ANY business!
Hope that helps - I feel a tiny bit better
Laura
Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Exclamation Please Sign Up on Rally Calendar!

I've set this event on the Rally Calendar. Took me all day to do this

Please sign up at:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...9&day=2010-2-5

Laura
Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
Laura!

Great job! we are indebted to you for your efforts. We will try to support and help you as it is our first rally also. Sounds like you got yourself a RALLY!!!! Lets hope we have a launch, if not we'll still have a good time , I am sure. As long as it is above freeeezing.

Bill and Jan
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #72
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
We are signed up and ready to go. Laura, if you need someone to "guard" the site on Thursday, let me know..we will be in the area.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #73
4 Rivet Member

Between Here , And There
Launch Rally

How about an official Rally Logo. I will see if I can crank up the PhotoShop and come up with something.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #74
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
We'll sell the tickets and stay with you folks. We can come up early with out any problems. Our son will fly down from NYC to watch the launch. Any recommendation for the best airport to fly into? Orlando?

Mark
halimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltlevel510 View Post
How about an official Rally Logo. I will see if I can crank up the PhotoShop and come up with something.
I was thinking the same thing - but will get nailed if I do any more personal stuff from work. If you get one together - please send me a copy! I was thinking of having a banner or some signs made (for staking our area in the campground) and will include it!

Ohhhhh - I was also thinking of a way to incorporate the NASA Crew Airstream. I made a few calls to see if we could get a *drive by* but was quickly chastised. Seems that they will be using it on launch day. Imagine that! Laura

Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #76
4 Rivet Member

Between Here , And There
Rally Logo

Laura,

I was thinking about replacing the Shuttle in this photo with the NASA AstroVan. I will toy around with that idea and see what turns out.

Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	space_shuttle_13.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	93766   Click image for larger version

Name:	NASA_Astrovan2.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	93767  

Old 01-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #77
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Oops

Laura:

Just got around to reading the fine print: "Please indicate the dates you plan to attend and the number in your party!"

We will be attending all the days we can. We are coming from San Diego and hope to be in the area on the 1st or 2nd. There's an Atlas launch scheduled on the 3rd, we'd like to see as well. We intend to stay in the area until we can get into the KARS Park. There are two of us.

Tnx Lyle & Margie
BAB BMRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Possible launch delay

I was having dinner with a few friends this weekend and heard a rumor about a problem with some lines at the pad. Looks like an ammonia line for the module that Endeavour is carrying to space station failed during pre-launch testing last week. The repair/work-around may take some creative engineering. Sounds like it could force a delay. There is some talk about rolling it back and switching with Discovery's (planned March) mission. I'll keep you all informed with what I hear - it's all conjecture for now...

STS-130 Shuttle flight facing delay due to Payload technical glitch | Universe Today

Laura
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #79
_

. , .
hi 'kill good update.

good link too, gotta love a website name universe today i need 2 surf that one...

looks like it could be just a few days OR a much longer delay but the date change is almost for sure...

hey what's this atlas launch that's happening a few days earlier?

are there seats on this one?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
The repair/work-around may take some creative engineering. Sounds like it could force a delay.
STS-130 Shuttle flight facing delay due to Payload technical glitch | Universe Today

Laura
Sounds like they could use some Airstream engineers.
Site give Jan 15 as a date to watch to see if they roll out the module.
We can hope until then, and the Universe site should be able to keep us up to date, on their progress.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, space coast