Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #141
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore View Post
Laura, we're so sorry to miss this. And very impressed at your organizational skill and bravery to take the plunge and set it all up.

See you on the road.

Pat
Bravery? I'm thinking ignorance! I really thought there'd only be a handful of folks interested in camping with me for a couple nights. I'm glad that it has received so much interest. Thankfully, it seems that we have such a diverse and interesting group that all will be *easliy* entertained!
Maybe we'll meet-up another time!
Laura

Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #142
_

. , .
-don't they have a 'space shuttle' simulator/ride thing at the ksc now?

-are the tours and other ksc stuff open on weekends?

-how about an evening/late nite kayak trip BEFORE the launch?

then just stay up afterward to watch (isn't the launch at some god aweful time like 4 am?)

-then do a breakfast pot luck afterward, and before going to bed

along with the s'bowl, how about continuous running of 'lost in space' episodes or the jetson's ?

or classic space movies like 'brother from another planet' and barbarella or moonraker ?

for food...

along with tang, ANYTHING edible from a squeeze TUBE qualifies...

or DEHYDRATED stuff or vacuum packed meals...

or swanson's classic tv dinners ?

or for dessert mars bars, moon pies, bomb pops and orbit gum?

maybe SONIC can deliver a 3 course meal?

anyone got 1 of those space age 'automat' vending machines that just puts out ANY food, after pushing the buttons?

does the food network have a show on outer space fare? the cosmic diners/drive ins and dives show?

get creative, what would YOU wanna eat if out there orbiting the 3rd rock?

no gathering is complete without food.

cheers
2air'

hey 'kill...

can u get us some of those outer space DIAPERS?

that way we can stay up and outside ready for the action OR take a really long road trip...

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #143
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Kennedy Space Center Tickets-Park Hours / Kennedy Space Center Bus Tour
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is open year round, except December 25 and certain launch days.
Current operating hours are from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (The U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® is open from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
Tours begin at 10 a.m. and depart continuously every 15 minutes. The last tour departs at 2:15 p.m. Each bus tour runs approximately 2 hours.
$38 adult/$28 child (ages 3-11) plus tax
Tour Kennedy Space Center, see IMAX® space films and experience all of our exhibits and shows, including the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame with interactive spaceflight simulators. Each Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex ticket is valid for two days of admission (must be used within seven days of first use). Not valid on space shuttle launch days or December 25th.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #144
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Wow all these things to choose from, when I figured I would park, watch a launch, enjoy the company, play a few game, maybe fish from the pier, and even tour the wildlife refuge or kayak.
Our plan is to set the alarm to see the launch then back to bed, must be getting old, it's been 50 yrs since we were up all night well maybe 40. I do remember DW mentioning babies crying in the night. ;-)
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #145
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Wow all these things to choose from, when I figured I would park, watch a launch, enjoy the company, play a few game, maybe fish from the pier, and even tour the wildlife refuge or kayak.
Our plan is to set the alarm to see the launch then back to bed, must be getting old, it's been 50 yrs since we were up all night well maybe 40. I do remember DW mentioning babies crying in the night. ;-)
I think that was our plan too despite sounding like we could still hang. I think we will try to do the Visitors Center since we are now planning on bringing the grandson, he's a great trooper for 5 1/2 and its a great time to introduce him to "real" space exploration. But whatever level of participation we can't go wrong cause its always "changes in latitude, changes in attitude"
Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #146
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankandsue View Post
Kennedy Space Center Tickets-Park Hours / Kennedy Space Center Bus Tour
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is open year round, except December 25 and certain launch days.
Current operating hours are from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (The U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® is open from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
Tours begin at 10 a.m. and depart continuously every 15 minutes. The last tour departs at 2:15 p.m. Each bus tour runs approximately 2 hours.
$38 adult/$28 child (ages 3-11) plus tax
Tour Kennedy Space Center, see IMAX® space films and experience all of our exhibits and shows, including the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame with interactive spaceflight simulators. Each Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex ticket is valid for two days of admission (must be used within seven days of first use). Not valid on space shuttle launch days or December 25th.

I really like the tour. Busses run continuously between the different facilities so you can spend as much or as little time as you like. The new Saturn facility, with recreation of the firing room (using the real stuff) is great! I'd plan for a good portion of a day for this park... IMAX is awesome too.

Closeby is also the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum VALIANT AIR COMMAND WARBIRD MUSEUM - Titusville Florida I've never been to the museum, but their airshow is pretty cool!

I'll make a flyer of area *attractions*.

NOTICE: my Guest Pass is still available. ANYONE who wants to check-in to the park before Friday (say, to watch the Atlas launch) can accept this pass and play *sponsor* for the others who want to come early.
PM me if you are interested.

Laura
Old 01-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #147
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Guest pass

We hope to be in the area on or around the 2nd. We would be happy to act as sponsers for a few days.

By the way, we will be leaving San Diego in a couple of hours and starting our launch adventure. See you in a week or so.

Lyle & Margie
Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #148
_

. , .
ne1 making the trip from cali to flo' to witness a launch DESERVES a guest pass!

take some pics of yer adventure and post'em up, this could make for a pretty cool thread...

something like "from lift off to blast off in a 'stream"...

safe travels
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #149
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Exclamation Calling all RSVP's!

I am trying to compile a list of attendee's to provide KARS park for check-in.

Please forward me you first/last names and, if you feel comfortable, your phone/contact info. If you do not want any info provided to other Rally attendee's, annotate that as well!

Note: gr.austin - please provide me with some way to contact you. I tried to PM and email you - but both methods are declined.

Laura
Old 01-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #150
Rivet Master

1985 25' Sovereign
Venice/Nokomis , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
I am trying to compile a list of attendee's to provide KARS park for check-in.

Please forward me you first/last names and, if you feel comfortable, your phone/contact info. If you do not want any info provided to other Rally attendee's, annotate that as well!

Note: gr.austin - please provide me with some way to contact you. I tried to PM and email you - but both methods are declined.

Laura

Laura,

I sent you a PM with the info.

Bill
Old 01-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #151
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Lyle & Margie

Laura:

We are:

Lyle & Margie Van Gessel

Left San Diego at noon got 40 miles east. Realized I'd left my camera.

Left San Diego again at 2.00 pm. Stopped at a rest stop, 25 miles west of Gila Bend, AZ. Spending the night.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #152
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Greg N Send a message via Yahoo to Greg N
Greg N Cindy (Smith)...

(PM me for contact info)...However in Everglades till afternoon of the 28th with very poor Internet and cel signal...

Seez ya Fri morn the 5th...

Greg
Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #153
2 Rivet Member

Long Beach , Mississippi
Laura,

Just sent our info in a PM. Leaving Long Beach MS Thursday morning and plan to arrive Friday morning. Any recommendations for an overnight stop along the Florida I10 or I95 corridors along the way?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #154
_

. , .
i would suggest that u folks send names/email/phone, via PMs or OFF the forum via email to 'kill only...

posting personal contact info INTO threads is a sure way to get spammed or scammed on the web.

(((in fact u should ask a mod to edit that stuff OUT of the posts asap)))

normally the mods will catch this and remove email info/addresses/phone#s, but they aren't watching this thread...

cheers
2air'

Tags
rally, space coast