Old 07-17-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Cool sEEING YA ON THE ROAD!!

Went on a wonderful 9 day trip..........Montana, yellowstone through Wyoming and back to Denver. Saw 35 other airstreams and of those 15 were driving down the road or encamped somewhere. I am continuously amazed at both the really shiny ones and the kinda dull, not shiny new ones....They all look nice. ( I saw one in Saratoga Wyoming that set my heart to thumpin) . I have lots of polishing to do on mine and my inaugural trip showed me lots of nice things about my '65 tradewind and somethings that need attention. I am going to re-design bed setup and perhaps change all catches. I don't know yet. My wife says to get a trailer 20 years newer, but I think not yet. I may have too much fun with this one. I would like to know how everyone sets up their AS and are there going to be any rallys in mountain states in August?. I appreciate all that people have posted in the forum for newbies like myself as it has been a great help. KEEP up the good work

Old 07-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama

Tom

TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
sEEING YA ON THE ROAD!!

Greetings bdlwet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlwet
I would like to know how everyone sets up their AS and are there going to be any rallys in mountain states in August?. I appreciate all that people have posted in the forum for newbies like myself as it has been a great help. KEEP up the good work
One of the premier (IMHO) Vintage Airstream Rallys will take place in Colorado Springs, Colorado during the time-frame that you mention. The Rally is the Vintage Airstream Club Rocky Mountain Region Rally and it will be held at the Garden of the Gods Campground on US-24 in Colorado Springs from August 5th through 10th. The "Cliff-Dwellings" Open House for the public will be held on Saturday, August 6th from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

I will be attending this Rally for the third time, and am already anticipating how enjoyable it will be this year. The campground is in an excellent location with many tourist activities available nearby.

You can learn more about the Rally in the thread below:

Vintage Airstream Club Rocky Mountain Region Rally -- 2005

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:49 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Angry Rally in Colorado Springs is too full

Overelander talks about this nice rally, but I should have registered as a newbie. I looked at the rally site and it is full ! I might try and run down there on that Saturday and get a peek at those real nice units and get some input on what next step might be my best one. My wife thinks we need to go the next thing that forum members or WBBCI members go. I would probably wait until my unit looks better as I might be really wanting to hide once someone sees my little wreck of a '65 Tradewind. I need to replace the flooring and some of the cabinetry......someone once lived in it and hung some stuff with nails on the cabinet.
I bought some METALL to rid myself of the oxidation on the skin, but I don't know about polishing, would my grinder's speed of 8000 rpm be too much and heat it up too? I will have to look at forum ideas and see what the other polishes do.