Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #421
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
So much to digest after one of the best weeks of my life. What an honor it was to be a host of this event. Hopefully in the next few days I will begin posting on my blog about my experience.
I had such a tremendous time.
Thank you all for attending.

Next year the dates will be July 4 through the 8th. Early arrivals can be as early as the 3rd( Bikers are there the week before again) and stay overs are no problem(the Scotty Queen will not be kicking anyone out of our area). Coopers Lake will be the location.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #422
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Glad to hear it's on for Cooper's Lake next year. It's a wonderful setting for a rally. Andrea and I enjoyed sitting in the shade and enjoying the breeze and the great setting. We commented to each other that we hoped the Bash would be at Cooper's Lake again sometime. We're happy you've decided to make it so already for next year. I've got the Bash 3 on our calendar already.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #423
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Andrea posted some of her favorites. I've got a few of my own...

And this is how you bake a cake...
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020115 (Small).JPG
Views:	114
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	134030

What ever you do, don't push this button right here!

Name:	P1020119 (Small).JPG
Views:	132
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	134031

And they say the younger workforce is having trouble finding a job...

Name:	P1020121 (Small).JPG
Views:	139
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	134032
Old 07-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #424
x

XXXX , XXXX
Jason what's in the second & third pics? It looks a little like the first computers, maybe a commodore 64?
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #425
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Roy, one of our guests, runs a nuclear power plant. He took many Bashers on a tour. I, unfortunately, had to stay back.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #426
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
Jason what's in the second & third pics? It looks a little like the first computers, maybe a commodore 64?
Close!

As Frank alluded to, it was a training facility with a 70's era nuclear control room.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #427
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Close!

As Frank alluded to, it was a training facility with a 70's era nuclear control room.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Jason. I thought it looked a little small to be the first computer. It might have been the first laptop though.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #428
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
So much to digest after one of the best weeks of my life. What an honor it was to be a host of this event. Hopefully in the next few days I will begin posting on my blog about my experience.
I had such a tremendous time.
Thank you all for attending.

Next year the dates will be July 4 through the 8th. Early arrivals can be as early as the 3rd( Bikers are there the week before again) and stay overs are no problem(the Scotty Queen will not be kicking anyone out of our area). Coopers Lake will be the location.
Can't wait to read the blogs.. and I've put the dates on the calendar.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #429
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Close!

So glad that's not the real thing. I was getting worried. I too was unable to go. Taking care of Bash business. Keep us close to Coopers Lake. But as many know I'm still at Coopers. There are now 30 Scottys and my Airstream here and more coming. I'm sure I'll be giving many tours of my Caravel.
Thanks to all who came. I know everyone had a great time in my neck of the woods. Keeping these rally simple and joying on Airstream family seems to be the key.

Ace in Pa

TAC PA-1
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #430
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Can't wait to read the blogs.. and I've put the dates on the calendar.
Putting it on the calendar. Means being at The Bash III. Right!

Ace
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #431
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
Putting it on the calendar. Means being at The Bash III. Right!

Ace
Yes, we will be doing our east-coast tour next year, which means heading up that your neck of the woods. In this month's Trailer Life mag (you know, the mail service is a bit slow), my son was just looking at the pics from the Steven F Udvar-Hazy center screaming that he want's to go there, so between that and everything else in the area, we totally have to commit to being in that timezone it next year....plus, we have to represent and get more people to come to our TAC Disney rally!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #432
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Someone that attended the Bash might have blogged about it. He might not be able to direct you there due to user rules on this forum. Just saying, someone might have...
Old 07-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #433
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Montgomery , Alabama
We are only 50 miles away from the Bash and we miss all of you already. Thanks to Everybody for a most memorable rally. Patty and Al
twobikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #434
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Patty and Al received the "furthest tow" award for coming up from Alabama. They fought differential issues to make it. Thank you for being a part of things. That offer to courtesy park is always there...
Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #435
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Someone that attended the Bash might have blogged about it. He might not be able to direct you there due to user rules on this forum. Just saying, someone might have...
I am headed over to someone's sight right now to start my reading

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #436
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Awesome rally. Perfect location-lake stocked with fish, paved roads for bike riding, shade trees, breakfasts and potlucks, lots of activities for the kids, new friends and renewed friends. This is why the Bash is one of the best rallies. Many thanks to the hosts-lots of work that is appreciated.

We will be back next year.
Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #437
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Ithaca , New York
Send a message via AIM to SilverSky Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSky
I ditto Kathy 100%! Many many thanks to the Ace, Steve, and Frank for a fabulous rally!
WBCCI 8185
TAC NY-123
SilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #438
Lulu's Mommy

1961 24' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Austin , Pennsylvania
YAHOO, what a great time. Beautiful place, shade trees, lake, nice little store, no hassels. Nice to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks Frank, Ace, Steve, and all who helped make it another sucessful Bash. Looking forward to the next already.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #439
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Thank you

We’d like to add our appreciation to Frank, Ace and Steve for their leadership and vision (as well as all the hard work that came with it) and to all that helped in too many ways to begin to list. Ace said something about keeping it simple seems to be the key, well you’ve clearly found the key and continue to improve on it. The venue was excellent, as many have said. Everybody got an ideal spot thanks to Obie. He’d drive you around the lake five times if that’s what it took. Getting a good spot is simple, it must be the key…
I remember predawn the first morning being startled by a child’s shout for, “Daddy!” As I listened expecting some help might be needed, the shout was followed with an enthusiastic, “It’s time to fish!” Thinking over the duration of the Bash, you could almost always see a parent fishing with their kids or a young fellow carrying a net full of his catch of the day telling everyone, “He was set for meals for the next three days.” Fishing is simple, it must be the key…
The Bash filled the area around the lake, providing an almost private place for the kids and adults to wander, bike, and hike. Nicholas could safely visit from friend to friend, trailer to trailer, and activity to activity with Parker and Mason close at hand. Young friendship is simple, it must be the key…
A hearty breakfast each morning was prepared to order and served with a very friendly “good morning.” Hot coffee, pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, home fries, Bash hash and fresh fruit. Showing up in a robe and slippers. People volunteering to help with preparation and cleanup. A hearty breakfast is simple, it must be the key…
Model rocket building, tie-dying T-shirts, coloring pictures… We think of quality time with children, this was it. We actually saw older kids helping younger kids. That’s way past cool. Helping each other and having fun with your children is simple, it must be the key…
Touring and exploring the area was popular. From visiting an old grist mill using Slippery Rock Creek as an energy source to a nuclear plant using Uranium as an energy source. A trip to see the city of Pittsburgh all lit up at night. A trip to the Homer Laughlin Outlet for Fiestaware. Several trips to the outlet mall and Volant Mills. And who doesn’t enjoy a Big Butler Fair, a corn dog on a stick, or a school bus demolition derby? Exploring with friends and family is simple, it must be the key…
Obie the clown. He wasn’t just clowning around, he was helping kids understand that clowns aren’t scary, they’re all about fun. Four fathers willing to dress up in masks and break balloons just adds to the fun. A few magic tricks for good measure. Clowning around is simple, it must be the key,,,
A little campfire, a little Antsy, a little happy hour, a little smiling, a little laughing, a little singing. The rocket launch. The birthday party. The hand cranked ice cream. Pot luck dishes. Pulled pork, hamburgers, hotdogs. Canada Day. Independence Day. Lilly, Matty, and Willie riding bikes, fishing, helping others. Rose and, the princess, Diane making kettle corn. Taking a peek or the grand tour of the neighbor’s trailer, their pride and their joy. Sitting in the shade with friends. Each is simple, each must be the key…
As we packed up and pulled away, I was surprised that I felt sad. I was sad because we were leaving friends. These were close friends, old friends, that only a short time ago, were new friends. So it seems to me that making close friends at the Bash is simple. Frank, Ace, and Steve, thank you again for your leadership and vision. Vision to see that coordinating so many simple experiences was the key, and for permitting us to use the key to unlock the Bash.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thelaunch.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	134128   Click image for larger version

Name:	early morning walkcomp.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	134129  

Name:	proper attirecomp.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	489.0 KB
ID:	134130   Click image for larger version

Name:	pgh at nightcomp2.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	134131  

64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #440
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I can't resist...more pictures. Here's some shots from our own vicinity.

Thanks Maddy, Lilly, and others for being so good with the kids. Thanks Bekah, Nicholas, and Daisy for being great friends.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1020109 (Small).JPG
Views:	136
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	134133   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020110 (Small).JPG
Views:	99
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	134134  

Tags