Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #435
Certainly Blessed
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Someone that attended the Bash might have blogged about it. He might not be able to direct you there due to user rules on this forum. Just saying, someone might have...
I am headed over to someone's sight right now to start my reading

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #436
3 Rivet Member
1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Awesome rally. Perfect location-lake stocked with fish, paved roads for bike riding, shade trees, breakfasts and potlucks, lots of activities for the kids, new friends and renewed friends. This is why the Bash is one of the best rallies. Many thanks to the hosts-lots of work that is appreciated.

We will be back next year.

Hank and Kathy
1991 Excella
Ford 350
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #437
2 Rivet Member
1973 23' Safari
Ithaca , New York
Send a message via AIM to SilverSky Send a message via Yahoo to SilverSky
I ditto Kathy 100%! Many many thanks to the Ace, Steve, and Frank for a fabulous rally!
WBCCI 8185
TAC NY-123
SilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #438
Lulu's Mommy
1961 24' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Austin , Pennsylvania
YAHOO, what a great time. Beautiful place, shade trees, lake, nice little store, no hassels. Nice to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks Frank, Ace, Steve, and all who helped make it another sucessful Bash. Looking forward to the next already.
Linda Bell
ringme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #439
4 Rivet Member
1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Thank you

We’d like to add our appreciation to Frank, Ace and Steve for their leadership and vision (as well as all the hard work that came with it) and to all that helped in too many ways to begin to list. Ace said something about keeping it simple seems to be the key, well you’ve clearly found the key and continue to improve on it. The venue was excellent, as many have said. Everybody got an ideal spot thanks to Obie. He’d drive you around the lake five times if that’s what it took. Getting a good spot is simple, it must be the key…
I remember predawn the first morning being startled by a child’s shout for, “Daddy!” As I listened expecting some help might be needed, the shout was followed with an enthusiastic, “It’s time to fish!” Thinking over the duration of the Bash, you could almost always see a parent fishing with their kids or a young fellow carrying a net full of his catch of the day telling everyone, “He was set for meals for the next three days.” Fishing is simple, it must be the key…
The Bash filled the area around the lake, providing an almost private place for the kids and adults to wander, bike, and hike. Nicholas could safely visit from friend to friend, trailer to trailer, and activity to activity with Parker and Mason close at hand. Young friendship is simple, it must be the key…
A hearty breakfast each morning was prepared to order and served with a very friendly “good morning.” Hot coffee, pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, home fries, Bash hash and fresh fruit. Showing up in a robe and slippers. People volunteering to help with preparation and cleanup. A hearty breakfast is simple, it must be the key…
Model rocket building, tie-dying T-shirts, coloring pictures… We think of quality time with children, this was it. We actually saw older kids helping younger kids. That’s way past cool. Helping each other and having fun with your children is simple, it must be the key…
Touring and exploring the area was popular. From visiting an old grist mill using Slippery Rock Creek as an energy source to a nuclear plant using Uranium as an energy source. A trip to see the city of Pittsburgh all lit up at night. A trip to the Homer Laughlin Outlet for Fiestaware. Several trips to the outlet mall and Volant Mills. And who doesn’t enjoy a Big Butler Fair, a corn dog on a stick, or a school bus demolition derby? Exploring with friends and family is simple, it must be the key…
Obie the clown. He wasn’t just clowning around, he was helping kids understand that clowns aren’t scary, they’re all about fun. Four fathers willing to dress up in masks and break balloons just adds to the fun. A few magic tricks for good measure. Clowning around is simple, it must be the key,,,
A little campfire, a little Antsy, a little happy hour, a little smiling, a little laughing, a little singing. The rocket launch. The birthday party. The hand cranked ice cream. Pot luck dishes. Pulled pork, hamburgers, hotdogs. Canada Day. Independence Day. Lilly, Matty, and Willie riding bikes, fishing, helping others. Rose and, the princess, Diane making kettle corn. Taking a peek or the grand tour of the neighbor’s trailer, their pride and their joy. Sitting in the shade with friends. Each is simple, each must be the key…
As we packed up and pulled away, I was surprised that I felt sad. I was sad because we were leaving friends. These were close friends, old friends, that only a short time ago, were new friends. So it seems to me that making close friends at the Bash is simple. Frank, Ace, and Steve, thank you again for your leadership and vision. Vision to see that coordinating so many simple experiences was the key, and for permitting us to use the key to unlock the Bash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thelaunch.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	134128   Click image for larger version

Name:	early morning walkcomp.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	134129  

Name:	proper attirecomp.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	489.0 KB
ID:	134130   Click image for larger version

Name:	pgh at nightcomp2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	134131  

64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #440
Rivet Master
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I can't resist...more pictures. Here's some shots from our own vicinity.

Thanks Maddy, Lilly, and others for being so good with the kids. Thanks Bekah, Nicholas, and Daisy for being great friends.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1020109 (Small).JPG
Views:	67
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	134133   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020110 (Small).JPG
Views:	63
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	134134  

WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #441
Rivet Master
1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
The Key

The key was bring all of us together. Making everyone feel welcome. The rest just happened. Thanks for all the nice words and all your help and fun in Sam's Club. I just came back to my AS after telling the story to someone how we meet. Wow your the best Roy!

Ace in PA
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #442
Rivet Master
1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Got home last night and all I can say is "Wow"! Great time and good to see so many old friends. Cooper's Lake is a great place and I believe we had the best spot in the CG for this rally ( the CG is very big). The lake front dinning and gathering place was superb. Thank you to the hosts for producing a memory making experience that we will attend again and again.
Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (charter member)

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #443
4 Rivet Member
Northern Illinois , Illinois
How many Airstream trailers & motorhomes attended this bash? I know it was limited to about 80 last year.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:56 AM   #444
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
How many Airstream trailers & motorhomes attended this bash? I know it was limited to about 80 last year.
In all honesty, I have no idea. We were not really counting, but I think it was 44. A few people had issues last minute and some just did not show up. This event was not about numbers it was about family. The ratio of kid to adults was about 2:1. Many grandparents took full advantage of "kids free". I think they are all very glad they did. To quote a nameless attendee " I am not a kid person. I generally don't want to be around them. These kids however have been a joy!"

To everyone that came; You are welcome. The gratitude has been astounding and in some cases(Roy) raised deep emotions. I was towing home wondering why everyone was thanking me. It was me who was given such a great gift. From very bottom of my soul, I want to thank all of you.

To quote another Airstreamer (who did not attend) "If there is just one word you are allowed to say, may it be 'THANKS'"

THANKS(with tears of joy in my eyes)
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #445
Rivet Master
1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Originally Posted by 64airstream View Post
it must be the key…
Roy, thanks for your nice post and your friendship.

When Rob, Frank, John and I conceived of this event we were inspired by all the great folks we had met who freely offered to share their passions with the rest of the group. We felt this is what made it something special. This year was again confirmation of our concept. Sharing of passions abounded... and we all were the beneficiaries... THAT must be the key.

Thanks to all who brought what they love and shared it with all of us.
Steve & the crew
'70 Ambassador International Twin
'63 19' Globetrotter TAC WI-1
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #446
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
I have adopted a WB motto; "Quality over quantity". I have been enlightened by what was said originally as an insult and turned it into a way of life.

But to answer your question...
44 rigs attended. We originally put the number at 115 maximum.

1 was a moho built in Ohio by Airstream back in the 1970's. There were 4 Scotties. One of them is now for sale because they fell in love with Airstreaming. They bought a 2011 Flying Cloud during the Bash. There was a fifth wheel that came. Not sure of the brand (it was huge and very spacious) but it was the brother of an attendee. The fifth wheel owner participated in everything and even cooked breakfast one morning. There was also my 1960 Fan that was used as VIP housing for Antsy(it was not in the count). All the rest were Airstream travel trailers. Last year we had 82, four were non Airstreams.
While discussing numbers; There were 101 adults and 49 children this year. We had 6 people just drop in to see and visit(we did not charge them and eagerly invited them to stay for supper). There were also numerous dogs and three parrots. I might note there were 4 past presidents of the WB and one current one.
Next years Bash will be limited to 50 rigs. The size of the crowd was perfect. Everyone had time to visit and enjoy each others company. Low numbers became a total blessing. Quality over quantity...

Keeping it simple was the key. Awesome people was the key. Being open and inviting was the key. Wally Byam built the lock and we all put our keys in to unlock it.

Dave, I hope I answered your question. I suggest you put the mail order date on your calendar once we announce them. This years attendees will have first option so actual available spaces will be limited. I strongly suspect that 44 spaces will be filled instantly.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #447
The 45th space would be filled instantly if I could find someone to take my place and run this park and it's 500 guests for that weekend. I don't even care if I have a road ready A/S I would come in a silver tent. LOL.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #448
3 Rivet Member
The Blog is ready to view!! You wanted pictures,pictures,pictures,pictures from the Bash II .... Here they are ...Read the Blog then click on the Album. Read the captions Too!!! Thanks for the Memories!! You are all my Friends!! AirstreamHobo

Lancaster Co. Pa.
1999 28' Excella
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote

rally, tac