Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #441
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
The Key

The key was bring all of us together. Making everyone feel welcome. The rest just happened. Thanks for all the nice words and all your help and fun in Sam's Club. I just came back to my AS after telling the story to someone how we meet. Wow your the best Roy!

Ace in PA
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #442
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Got home last night and all I can say is "Wow"! Great time and good to see so many old friends. Cooper's Lake is a great place and I believe we had the best spot in the CG for this rally ( the CG is very big). The lake front dinning and gathering place was superb. Thank you to the hosts for producing a memory making experience that we will attend again and again.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #443
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
How many Airstream trailers & motorhomes attended this bash? I know it was limited to about 80 last year.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:56 AM   #444
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
How many Airstream trailers & motorhomes attended this bash? I know it was limited to about 80 last year.
In all honesty, I have no idea. We were not really counting, but I think it was 44. A few people had issues last minute and some just did not show up. This event was not about numbers it was about family. The ratio of kid to adults was about 2:1. Many grandparents took full advantage of "kids free". I think they are all very glad they did. To quote a nameless attendee " I am not a kid person. I generally don't want to be around them. These kids however have been a joy!"

To everyone that came; You are welcome. The gratitude has been astounding and in some cases(Roy) raised deep emotions. I was towing home wondering why everyone was thanking me. It was me who was given such a great gift. From very bottom of my soul, I want to thank all of you.

To quote another Airstreamer (who did not attend) "If there is just one word you are allowed to say, may it be 'THANKS'"

THANKS(with tears of joy in my eyes)
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #445
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64airstream View Post
it must be the key…
Roy, thanks for your nice post and your friendship.

When Rob, Frank, John and I conceived of this event we were inspired by all the great folks we had met who freely offered to share their passions with the rest of the group. We felt this is what made it something special. This year was again confirmation of our concept. Sharing of passions abounded... and we all were the beneficiaries... THAT must be the key.

Thanks to all who brought what they love and shared it with all of us.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #446
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
I have adopted a WB motto; "Quality over quantity". I have been enlightened by what was said originally as an insult and turned it into a way of life.

But to answer your question...
44 rigs attended. We originally put the number at 115 maximum.

1 was a moho built in Ohio by Airstream back in the 1970's. There were 4 Scotties. One of them is now for sale because they fell in love with Airstreaming. They bought a 2011 Flying Cloud during the Bash. There was a fifth wheel that came. Not sure of the brand (it was huge and very spacious) but it was the brother of an attendee. The fifth wheel owner participated in everything and even cooked breakfast one morning. There was also my 1960 Fan that was used as VIP housing for Antsy(it was not in the count). All the rest were Airstream travel trailers. Last year we had 82, four were non Airstreams.
While discussing numbers; There were 101 adults and 49 children this year. We had 6 people just drop in to see and visit(we did not charge them and eagerly invited them to stay for supper). There were also numerous dogs and three parrots. I might note there were 4 past presidents of the WB and one current one.
Next years Bash will be limited to 50 rigs. The size of the crowd was perfect. Everyone had time to visit and enjoy each others company. Low numbers became a total blessing. Quality over quantity...

Keeping it simple was the key. Awesome people was the key. Being open and inviting was the key. Wally Byam built the lock and we all put our keys in to unlock it.

Dave, I hope I answered your question. I suggest you put the mail order date on your calendar once we announce them. This years attendees will have first option so actual available spaces will be limited. I strongly suspect that 44 spaces will be filled instantly.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #447
x

XXXX , XXXX
The 45th space would be filled instantly if I could find someone to take my place and run this park and it's 500 guests for that weekend. I don't even care if I have a road ready A/S I would come in a silver tent. LOL.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #448
3 Rivet Member

The Blog is ready to view!! You wanted pictures,pictures,pictures,pictures from the Bash II .... Here they are ...Read the Blog then click on the Album. Read the captions Too!!! Thanks for the Memories!! You are all my Friends!! AirstreamHobo
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
https://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #449
3 Rivet Member

Sorry ... I posted the wrong link for pictures, now it is corrected...read blog again...AirstreamHobo
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
Old 07-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #450
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Obie that was AWESOME! You take wonderful pictures. I really like those closeup perspectives too. Beautiful place, great people shots, and I love the "I smell you!" lol Thanks for the link, that was fun just looking at the pictures. : )

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #451
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Wow! I had no idea there was so much to do and not do. I love the slippers, the hat and the robe. It looks like great fun.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #452
3 Rivet Member

I miss my Friends already!! Especially the Kids, they had such a Great time. All adults were the babysitters, easy job!! The Kids were soooooo Good!!
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #453
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Great pictures Obie, thanks!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #454
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Way to go Obie, great pictures. You are a clown of many talents. Well done.
"part of the "Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

"Toast is a tool. It ain't Breakfast!"
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #455
3 Rivet Member

Airdog, I really like the LoveBirds!!! <g> Obie
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #456
2 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Kirkwood , Pennsylvania
We just got home from the BASH II Birthday Party yesterday and I got on the forums and started reading all the comments about the event, well I can't come up with the words to write about how great of a time we had without repeating what has already been posted.
Many thanks to Steve, Ace,and Frank and there wives and families for putting together another wonderful family rally that focused on FUN for all.
We left the Bash and headed up to Michigan were we had our Hensley Hitch installed and Fantastic Fans serviced and went to Ada, Mi. to see David Winick then on up along Lake Michigan to Mackinac Point Lighthouse and down Lake Huron stopping at lighthouses along the way.
Great Birthday Bash and wonderful trip in Michigan where we sold the (5) Wheels/Tires to a couple pulling a 1976 Avion who we met at a rest stop. We also stopped by to see Michael Depraida at Larry and Lou Woodruffs in La Grange, Ohio then onto Penn Wood for a Sunday morning visit and then home......Life is Good !!!!!!!!!
Solar Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #457
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Home also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Stream View Post
We just got home from the BASH II Birthday Party yesterday and I got on the forums and started reading all the comments about the event, well I can't come up with the words to write about how great of a time we had without repeating what has already been posted.
Many thanks to Steve, Ace,and Frank and there wives and families for putting together another wonderful family rally that focused on FUN for all.
We left the Bash and headed up to Michigan were we had our Hensley Hitch installed and Fantastic Fans serviced and went to Ada, Mi. to see David Winick then on up along Lake Michigan to Mackinac Point Lighthouse and down Lake Huron stopping at lighthouses along the way.
Great Birthday Bash and wonderful trip in Michigan where we sold the (5) Wheels/Tires to a couple pulling a 1976 Avion who we met at a rest stop. We also stopped by to see Michael Depraida at Larry and Lou Woodruffs in La Grange, Ohio then onto Penn Wood for a Sunday morning visit and then home......Life is Good !!!!!!!!!

Hey Steve

We too just got back yesterday from back to rallies. As you know we stayed at Coopers Lake for the Scotty rally. But we are now ruined after The Bash. We had such great time at The Bash it made the Scotty rally feel like a funeral. O-well we still had fun. I'm so glad you made it. I know it was touch and go for a while. Plans are already in the works for next Bash III. Can you say more pulled pork and blueberry pancakes. And yes bacon. Hope to see you at Pennwood in the fall.

Ace in Pa

TAC PA-1
WBCCI 2169
Old 07-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #458
3 Rivet Member

Ace, Did you sell anyone on buying an Airstream?
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
Old 07-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #459
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamhobo View Post
Ace, Did you sell anyone on buying an Airstream?
Hey Obie

No titles traded hands. But having the only AS at a Scotty rally. I must of given tours of ours to every Scotty owner.

Ace
Old 07-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #460
3 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Las Cruces , New Mexico
yo ace!

be kind to scotty owners. scottys are cool, airstreams are cool.

gotta love the name of "airstream"
tis cosmic ....

be good

hope to see you again

don&karen
alclad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, tac